ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opening a bank account

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dazzle

Opening a bank account

Post by dazzle » Sat May 11, 2013 8:39 am

Hello everyone,

We are trying to add my wife's name to my UK current account, but keep on getting rejected.

First time was due to insufficient proof of current address for my wife.
Second time was due to a limited validity remaining on the visa. They needed minimum of 6 months. This has now been renewed.
Third time was due to a lack of proof of previous foreign address.

Does anyone know of a bank that will allow us to open an account without proof of previous address? We moved to the UK in December 2012, so we have proof of address for approx 6 months.

Thanks

jojybaba

Re: Opening a bank account

Post by jojybaba » Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 am

try HSBC passsport account,,,

and you can't add her in your account,this will be new account

LLoyds also use to open new account with some one refernce,who already have account,,than you donot need address id

dazzle wrote:Hello everyone,

We are trying to add my wife's name to my UK current account, but keep on getting rejected.

First time was due to insufficient proof of current address for my wife.
Second time was due to a limited validity remaining on the visa. They needed minimum of 6 months. This has now been renewed.
Third time was due to a lack of proof of previous foreign address.

Does anyone know of a bank that will allow us to open an account without proof of previous address? We moved to the UK in December 2012, so we have proof of address for approx 6 months.

Thanks

oursnetuse
Newly Registered

Post by oursnetuse » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Add your wife name to Council bill or any utility bill and this proof will be accepted by any bank.

srsg
Newly Registered

Address Proof for my parents

Post by srsg » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi,
My parents recently got ILR to stay in UK as dependent elderly relatives.
However to register at the GP they need a address proof.
As they are living with me in a rented accommodation, there name is not on the tenancy agreement so the council does not want to add them to the council tax.
How do I get a address proof for them.

Thanks