ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opening Bank account in UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khurramrafiq

Opening Bank account in UK

Post by khurramrafiq » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Guys, I know there are lots of inforamtion on opening a UK account in this forum.
Some says HSBC is good, some says lloydtsb is good..

HSBC offers you passport account, is this good? Would I be able to transfer my money under this passport account before leaving to UK?
Or
lloydtsb is good?

There are hidden facts which I am not aware at this stage, but you who are living in London they are well aware of those..

Please I need your guidence..

Thanks

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:28 pm

khurram

Get your self HSBC account. Go for normal account as there are no charges.

whats your status ? student or work visa ?

I have EEA FP and i had lot of trouble opening account in beginning.

I have HSBC normal account + saving a/c and would highly recommend it.

Ideally if you want high interest rate ABBEY are offering 8% thats the highest you can get :)
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.