ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residency and break/overstayer

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

legalkhan
Pakistan

10 year long residency and break/overstayer

Post by legalkhan » Wed May 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello,
I shall be very thankful if somebody help me with the following issue:

I am suppose to complete my 10 years in Novembers end 2016 and my current entreprenuer visa expires on 8th oct 2016, My main problem here is that back in aug2009 my in-time student extension application was refused, I took the case to then lower tribunal where it got dismissed, then went to upper tribunal and got refusal from there as well.At the time I got my degree and applied with in 13 days for psw which was accepted after few months of the psw application submission. I have heard from some one that during the time period from upper tribunal decision (dismissal) to grant of psw visa (about 3 months), my status was over stayer and my 10 years residency has already been broken. Now I would request from moderators, senior members or any body who has witnessed such a situation to throw some light on my case. I don't know what will be the law in 2016 but just want to know if it is even worth to go for long residency route or just give up on it or looking at it. If the so called 28 days concession work in my case?

Please reply my query and help me out in this situation with your golden advise if possible.

Thanks.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Re: 10 year long residency and break/overstayer

Post by legalkhan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:50 am

Is there really no body to help me with the issue I am facing? not even the moderators? standing members? Please let me know if I haven't explain my situation enough in the post. I can rephrase it or change the wording.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 14, 2015 5:54 am

Should be okay (276B(v)), if you made a successful leave to remain application within 28 days of overstaying.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Thu May 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you so much vinny for being helpful as usual, I knew you will be the 1st to response. Don't have words to appreciate your serious, sincere, timely and accurate informations and being always prepared to help out the forum members with your valuable information.

Thank you so much.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Hello Legal Khan, Vinny,

I have exactly same situation as legal khan have posted. Lost appeal at Court of Appeal, made new application within 28 days which was approved by HO after wait of few months, now solicitors are saying to me that since I lost appeal to the date I was granted visa by Home Office, it has broken my long residence.

I have gone through link which Vinny posted but honestly can not see any sentence which talks and supports above situation.
Should be okay (276B(v)), if you made a successful leave to remain application within 28 days of overstaying.
Please could you kindly post exactract which helps in above situation?

Thank you..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:08 pm

The Immigration rules part 7 (276B(v)) states:
(v) the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
So your continuous period is NOT broken. :)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:56 am

helpingperson wrote:Hello Legal Khan, Vinny,

I have exactly same situation as legal khan have posted. Lost appeal at Court of Appeal, made new application within 28 days which was approved by HO after wait of few months, now solicitors are saying to me that since I lost appeal to the date I was granted visa by Home Office, it has broken my long residence.

I have gone through link which Vinny posted but honestly can not see any sentence which talks and supports above situation.
Please could you kindly post exactract which helps in above situation?

Thank you..
Dear Helpingperson,
As for as I believe you should be Ok, this 28 dyas does apply in your case.