ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 months-Full time job and the annual leave

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

12 months-Full time job and the annual leave

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Dear Gurus

The immigration requirement is: 2 X 12 months -Full time job, all know that there is 28 days annual leave, I wonder if:
1- The employee completes 11 months then he takes the annual leave.
2-The employee completes 12 months the he takes the annual leave.

Which one is correct to meet the 12months job.

Thanks

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: 12 months-Full time job and the annual leave

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 pm

As per my understanding 12 month full time job already cover 28 days annual leave. As per employment contract or working time directive employee has legal right to take off certain days as per contract.

In the Policy Guidance nothing to be mention about employee holidays. You can pay your employee as normal when they are on holiday.

Also it is not important to mention their holiday hours on wage slip.

For example if employee works 30 hour per week and you pay him / her monthly so you can calculate as
30 hrs X 52 weeks = 1560 hours , so you are paying your staff 1560 hours annually.

The above are my findings wait for senior member to reply. If I am wrong so please other members correct me

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 pm

The immigration requirement is: 2 X 12 months -Full time job, all know that there is 28 days annual leave, I wonder if:
1- The employee completes 11 months then he takes the annual leave.
Statutory leave hours will be counted as part of normal job even though it is not clearly mentioned in guidance, we can justify.
2-The employee completes 12 months the he takes the annual leave.
I paid my staffs in this way, as they worked whole year and wanted pay instead of leave, in the payslip extra rows of lumpsum holiday pay was added.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 am

Paid leave/absence should be treated as a day worked. You paid for it, you claim the hours. Simple
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mig2015

Post by mig2015 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Zimba

If the employee has been paid as normal, and holiday leave have not been separated from the total hours in any way, would it be still okay?

As an example, employee's payslip (and so is the FPS record) is only showing 132 hours together with the pay rate (£8/hour). In actual fact he has worked for 118 hours in that month, and has got 14 hours holiday.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Yes, that's ok.
The CW looks at the monthly/weekly pay as stated in the FPS and divides it by the hourly rate you enter in the application form to find out the hours.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.