ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise about court of appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mogli123
Newly Registered

Post by Mogli123 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Guys I need some information basically I am going for permission to appeal in court of appeal in Feb. I just want to know if court will allow my appeal what will happen next and will court give me appeal or they will send me for reconsideration to home office??plz can you provide me as much information as possible.

Regards,

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: Advise about court of appeal

Post by avjones » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Impossible to say from the limited information you've given. It completely depends how your case has ended up in the Court of Appeal, what type of decision it was, etc.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Mogli123
Newly Registered

Post by Mogli123 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi avjones,

First thanks for your reply, much appreciated .

Basically I applied for entrepreneur visa which was refused and Ho put 6 allegations on my application and then I went for appeal in which the judge clear 5 allegations but still one was left then I went for upper tribunal judge again give decision against me now my case is in court of appeal and I have permission to appeal hearing on 10th feb. If you want to know something else plz let me know .
Waiting for your reply.
Regards

11akb

Post by 11akb » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 pm

hi mogli ... could you tell me how long it took you to get permission date from court of appeal thanks

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello mate
First of all airports wish you all best for upcoming hearing in COA.
Please can you share your time time as I am also in COA.Did COA refused permission to appeal on papers? I have sent you PM if you want reply me back and we can discuss further.
Thanks
Yas

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Sorry typing error above
Mean to say wish you all the best

Mogli123
Newly Registered

Post by Mogli123 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi,

Yes my paper appeal was refused as well and then the permission to appeal they gave me almost 4-5 months.

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello mate
Can you please explain the process after your permission to appeal was refused on papers? Did you applied to renew on oral and was it granted and you have full hearing or this hearing is only to decide that full hearing will be granted or not?
Not many people in COA so it's bit confusing!!!
Also are you planning to attending this hearing or your barrister will only present on your behalf?
Thank you
All the best

Mogli123
Newly Registered

Post by Mogli123 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi there,

This is only permission to appeal it means in this they will decide wether to give me full hearing or not. And I'm planning to attend the hearing with my barrister so let's c.

Regards

arshed
Newly Registered

Post by arshed » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 am

Hello Mogli 123,

can you please tell me timeline of your court of appeal , how long did upper tribunal take to refuse your permission to go to COA ? then how long did COA take when you appied direct to COA for paper permission ? Best wishes for your hearing in COA brother .

regards
Arshed

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello mate
I know you are busy nowadays in hearing preparation but can you please share time line as it will help other board members.
Best Wishes
Regards

Struggling
Newly Registered

Post by Struggling » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Mogli, did you get the barrister details from HSO, please share as I am going to apply for COA. Thanks

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:36 pm

In my experience over the past few months, the Upper Tribunal is making a decision on applications for leave to appeal to the Court of Appeal in approx 8 to 9 weeks, and the Court of Appeal itself (if there is a negative result from the UT) is 4 months or so. That's an average, not a guarantee, of course!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

arshed
Newly Registered

Post by arshed » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi Avjones ,
Thank you very much for precise reply . I appreciate .

Regards
Arshed

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi Mogli

Can you please share your experience of hearing in COA?
Did HO also sent barrister or there was no representation?
Also did the Judge asked any questions to you and what about the decision of this hearing; did the Judge grant a full hearing on the spot or decision will be sent out by post?
Please share your views
My best wishes
Best Regards

hanif
Mood:
Gambia

Post by hanif » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi
Anyone out there with the knowledge or experience of COA?
PEACE

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:07 am

In an application for leave to appeal to the Court of Appeal, the Home Office isn't usually represented. The Judge will very rarely ask any questions of the Appellant if he is represented (I've never seen it happen) and the decision will usually be given at the end of the hearing.

hanif
Mood:
Gambia

Post by hanif » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks for your reply,avjones

In this instance the HO is the appellant,challenging a decision in my favour,they are asking for permission to appeal,so this on paper or is it oral?

Is the scenario stiĺl the same and how long will the permission stage take?

Thanks,again.
PEACE

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi Mogli123
Please share your experience of COA hearing as it will be very helpful for other board members.
Thanks a lot
Best Regards