ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone uses this FPS format showing start date

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amiao6
Newly Registered

Anyone uses this FPS format showing start date

Post by amiao6 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Dear all,

I know this FPS topic has been discussed so many times, also Zimba provided an alternative to solve the start date problem.

It's just that I happen to see the same format which I am using in this forum. My accountant can only generate a XML file showing every employee's start date. But I don't think HO will satisfy with this document. If anyone using this software, could you please let me know how to get the start date appearing on the report?

The pic showed below is the format. I will go for the alternative if I can't solve this issue within my time scale, but appreciate anyone could answer this question. Thank you very much indeed.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30c25wl ... EF0xXTfWhA

zimba
Mood:

Re: Anyone uses this FPS format showing start date

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:02 pm

You need to ask the Software provider helpline to help your accountant how to generate an FPS report with a start date. Otherwise go the manual way. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Zimba88,
My accountant generated start date on a FPS which is one month earlier to actual starting month? He said this is the only FPS that can have start date?
Is it OK
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Meesha wrote: My accountant generated start date on a FPS which is one month earlier to actual starting month? He said this is the only FPS that can have start date?
Sorry but this is nonsense :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Really?
I have told him the exact way to generate it u mentioned on one of my post. U mean it must appear on starting month? Can u plz tell me how? I will do it in moneysoft by myself.
Thanks

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:18 pm

amiao6 wrote:Dear all,

I know this FPS topic has been discussed so many times, also Zimba provided an alternative to solve the start date problem.

It's just that I happen to see the same format which I am using in this forum. My accountant can only generate a XML file showing every employee's start date. But I don't think HO will satisfy with this document. If anyone using this software, could you please let me know how to get the start date appearing on the report?

The pic showed below is the format. I will go for the alternative if I can't solve this issue within my time scale, but appreciate anyone could answer this question. Thank you very much indeed.

It is from Qtac software, they cannot add starting date in their software.
Use another form for your application

amiao6
Newly Registered

Post by amiao6 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:35 pm

zimba88 wrote:You need to ask the Software provider helpline to help your accountant how to generate an FPS report with a start date. Otherwise go the manual way. :!:

Thank you Zimba. Today I tried to use the Moneysoft to do my FPS. When I added the employer details, everything is fine. However when I tried to add employee basic information and click "next", it popped up a warning notice with no information, and the software just crushed. I tried to uninstall and re-install it for several times. But the problem keeps coming back. Did you encounter same problem before? Thank you very much.

robbie47

Post by robbie47 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:44 am

Hello,

I have used moneysoft and it took me a day to figure out how this thing works properly.

a) Start date and end date have to be put under employee details section, and it will appear on the FPS.

b) Make sure that your computer's time and date is of the same day and time when the actual FPS was submitted. Ask your accountant for the FPS summary, he will send you the details of RTI and FPS correlation ID. That document should have the details of when and what time FPS was submitted.

c) Another important thing to note, only that FPS should show the start and leaving date only in the months where the employee has started or left the company.

eg. if someone started in april 16 and left in nov 16. Then FPS of only april 16 should show the start date and nov 16 should show the leaving date... any FPS between may to oct shouldn't show anything.

The only way to get around this bug is. After running april 16 FPS, go back change the start date to april 15 for that employee and then run FPS for may 16. This way it will show things in the correct format.

All the best. May god bless everyone

Robbie

amiao6
Newly Registered

Post by amiao6 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
amiao6 wrote:Dear all,

Thank you very much for the info.

It is from Qtac software, they cannot add starting date in their software.
Use another form for your application

amiao6
Newly Registered

Post by amiao6 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 pm

robbie47 wrote:Hello,

I have used moneysoft and it took me a day to figure out how this thing works properly.

a) Start date and end date have to be put under employee details section, and it will appear on the FPS.

b) Make sure that your computer's time and date is of the same day and time when the actual FPS was submitted. Ask your accountant for the FPS summary, he will send you the details of RTI and FPS correlation ID. That document should have the details of when and what time FPS was submitted.

c) Another important thing to note, only that FPS should show the start and leaving date only in the months where the employee has started or left the company.

eg. if someone started in april 16 and left in nov 16. Then FPS of only april 16 should show the start date and nov 16 should show the leaving date... any FPS between may to oct shouldn't show anything.

The only way to get around this bug is. After running april 16 FPS, go back change the start date to april 15 for that employee and then run FPS for may 16. This way it will show things in the correct format.

All the best. May god bless everyone

Robbie

Thank you very much Robbie.

amiao6
Newly Registered

Post by amiao6 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:18 pm

I am sorry to bring up this topic again and again.But I am having trouble to install and use Moneysoft, so I opt to BrightPay as they provide free download as well. I think the format itself should be okay.

For the BrightPay FPS report, it does have "Submission Information" including Transaction ID and Timestamp. Timestamp is when the date and time I create the file not the date the file was supposed to send to HMRC. My question is to avoid unnecessary confusion, should I take this "Submission Information" off from the report?

Thank you very much for your patience and answer.

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 pm

amiao6 wrote:I am sorry to bring up this topic again and again.But I am having trouble to install and use Moneysoft, so I opt to BrightPay as they provide free download as well. I think the format itself should be okay.

For the BrightPay FPS report, it does have "Submission Information" including Transaction ID and Timestamp. Timestamp is when the date and time I create the file not the date the file was supposed to send to HMRC. My question is to avoid unnecessary confusion, should I take this "Submission Information" off from the report?

Thank you very much for your patience and answer.

moneysoft fps or eps also have time and date every time when you create
if you change date or time means same date and time when your fps was submitted/created may be its work
try it

BrightPayRachel
Newly Registered

Post by BrightPayRachel » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:33 am

Hi @amiao6

The FPS report follows a general template so we would recommend not amending this. Once a submission is made to HMRC, Gateway Logs (which can be accessed via the the menu bar in the RTI utility) will keep a record of submission times to HMRC. Therefore if there is any confusion over whether a submission was successfully submitted or not, these records can be accessed and exported/printed accordingly.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact software supplier via their website and blog.

I hope this helps.

Rachel Hynes
BrightPay