ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal allowed but HO appeal against the decison.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khan_81
Member of Standing

Re: Appeal allowed but HO appeal against the decison.

Post by khan_81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Mrs P
I didn't understand from your post, are you still waiting for your Entrepreneur appeal?
Cuz I can see from your other post that you hve applied for ILR.
Regards

Mrs.P wrote:Hi guys,

Congratulations to Sad1, can those of you who received the letter that home office has been granted permission to appeal to upper tribunal, please tell me how long it took from the day they received the notice. My notice was on the 18/03/14. Many thanks.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Shah and Khan, thanks so much for your replies. My appeal was allowed for Tier 1 ent, and I received a letter saying that HO has applied for permission to appeal at UT. My Solicitor has applied for ILR 10 years already, I am just worried that if their permission is granted to appeal to UT, my ILR application might be invalid. I suppose all I can do is wait and see.

khan_81
Member of Standing

Post by khan_81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Mrs P
Hope it goes well for you. My only concern is if you have appeal pending then you cannot put a new application though you can use those grounds of 10 years residence in your pending appeal. But I will pray that you get the ILR and hope HO doesn't invalidate your ILR application.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Well Mrs p, I dont have much idea about this. So i will not comment on it. But I wish you a verygood luck in ur process. Keep posting update here.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks so much guys, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us. Best of luck.

cyber_warez

Post by cyber_warez » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 am

Hello everyone today i want to share about my case..i am very surprised to received HO appeal against FTT judge decision because it's out of deadline to challenge.

Appeal Hearing Date: 20 Jan 2014
Appeal allowed (Determination promulgated) Date: 30 Jan 2014
we received allowed determination on: 3 Feb 2014
My solicitor received Notification letter from HO on 24 April 2014 that they are going to appeal against FTT judge decision.

MY QUESTION:

Does Home Office have right to appeal against FTT judge decision when it comes to crossed deadline? when Home Office challenge deadline was expired. My solicitor make a phone call on 10 March 2014 to the Tribunal they said HO hasn't appeal against FTT judge decision. we are process your appeal to BHC Soon. Again my solicitor make a phone on 21 April 2014 to tribunal they said your client allowed determination & relevant docs were forwarded to BHC. They will contact you soon. On 24 April 2014 my solicitor received notification letter from HO they are going to appeal against FTT judge decision. we are so surprised to received this letter because it's out of deadline to challenge. I am very stress on Ho appeal. what will be my further process ?? Is there anyone who have same situation like me...Please share your views on my case. Thank you

KingNothing
United States of America

Post by KingNothing » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 am

That's pretty late! Court may refuse their application unless upon submission of Grounds of Appeal, they provide genuine reason for delay. Do not worry. Wait for the result of their application. Then if it was granted, speak to your solicitor, barrister. If you have a solid case, you will win UTT easily...

Update on my case... No News since refusal of Permission to UTT on 4/3/2014 onwards yet. Hearing 28 Jan, Appeal Allowed 6 Feb, Challenged 17 Feb, challenge refused 4 March... Shall I still wait??

Alexy1
Newly Registered

Post by Alexy1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:36 am

I am also on the same page with u.My appeal was allowed in January and HO appealed against the decision in February which was refused by FTT. Since then, I've not heard anything from them . The most annoying thing is I waited for more than one year before my application was initially refused. Why is HO
Punishing immigrants like this?

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Just updating, I received the notice that home office has been granted permission to appeal to the upper tribunal. My questions are;
1. what happens if I don't reply to this notice ( as I have applied for 10 years ILR already and done biometrics)
2. Can I withdraw from this appeal ( I won my case on evidential flexibility Rodriguez which was overturned at Court of Appeal, I will lose if I go to the UT), and
3. If go for the hearing, can I just say to the judge that I have been here for 10 years already, do I still have to present my case regarding the Tier 1 refusal.

Thanks so much for any help/ advice, I really appreciate this.

Alexy1
Newly Registered

Post by Alexy1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Hello Mrs P,
You will win if you go to upper tribunal as you have lived legally for continuous 10 years in UK. Just reply the letter and include the additional evidence of yr 10 years stay . You have a strong case , the only problem is your application
Which HO will invalidate but you can still argue this with them if they made out of time application for permission.
Pls. can you shed more light on the following:
1)Is it FTT or UT that granted the HO permission to appeal to UT?

2)Did the HO made out of time application for the permission?

3) How long I've you been waiting after your allowed before you received this letter?
This is just a new trick being used by HO but you have a win-win situation here . Please , I will appreciate if you can respond to the above 3 questions .
Thanks

Alexy1
Newly Registered

Post by Alexy1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello Mrs P,
You will win if you go to upper tribunal as you have lived legally for continuous 10 years in UK. Just reply the letter and include the additional evidence of yr 10 years stay . You have a strong case , the only problem is your application
Which HO will invalidate but you can still argue this with them if they made out of time application for permission.

3) How long I've you been waiting after your allowed appeal before you received this letter?
This is just a new trick being used by HO but you have a win-win situation here . Please , I will appreciate if you can respond to the above 3 questions .
Thanks

cyber_warez

Post by cyber_warez » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:51 pm

@kingNothing..Thank you for reply. My solicitor has written grounds of objection letter because it was done out of time. Hoping for positive result.
KingNothing wrote:That's pretty late! Court may refuse their application unless upon submission of Grounds of Appeal, they provide genuine reason for delay. Do not worry. Wait for the result of their application. Then if it was granted, speak to your solicitor, barrister. If you have a solid case, you will win UTT easily...

Update on my case... No News since refusal of Permission to UTT on 4/3/2014 onwards yet. Hearing 28 Jan, Appeal Allowed 6 Feb, Challenged 17 Feb, challenge refused 4 March... Shall I still wait??

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Alexy1 wrote:Hello Mrs P,

3) How long I've you been waiting after your allowed appeal before you received this letter?
Thanks
Hi Alexy1,

Thanks very much for your advice, that's basically what my solicitor told me today. To answer your questions;
1. FTT granted permission but it was a different judge, not the one who heard my appeal.
2. It was in time, appeal allowed 4th March, applied for permission 12th March.
3. Hearing was on 8th January, letter received 6th March, HO granted permission to go to UT 24th April.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:46 pm

I have received a date, my hearing will held in 4th week of may. I hope my solicitor can make it up.

sintiaatm

Post by sintiaatm » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:59 pm

@shah05 hope the best for you. I received the letter too. My hearing is on 30th may.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Following week after mine. Yes hoping for the best for me and also for u. Will send u a pm soon.

hayya786

Post by hayya786 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:29 am

Hey guys I won my appeal again in upper tribunal as home office itself said they dun knw why my case has been challenged.so the
judge dismissed the case in my favour. Alhumdulilah.

cyber_warez

Post by cyber_warez » Tue May 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Dear all, plz help me answer this question..specially KingNothing bro.

1.Appeal Hearing Date: 20 Jan 2014
2.Appeal allowed (Determination promulgated) Date: 30 Jan 2014
3.we received allowed determination on: 3 Feb 2014
4.My solicitor received Notification letter from HO on 24 April 2014 that they are going to appeal against FTT judge decision.
5. on 16 May we got letter from Tribunal that FTT judge refused HO application.

Q: Now what will be my further process in my case ??

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:11 pm

@cyber warez, you have couple of options, mean while you can file the application in to court of appeal this stage will take roughly 3 to 4 months time and by that time you can think about the options you might want to consider.

KingNothing
United States of America

Post by KingNothing » Tue May 20, 2014 10:05 pm

Home Office can now apply from Upper Tribunal Directly for a permission to appeal. They need to Submit a new Ground of Appeal. In my case, FTT told Home Office, they can lodge a new appeal only if they have new points raised apart from subject of determination.

As in FTT all the issues being discussed are about the points that you have not already got any grade for, it is not likely that they be successful to go to UT or being granted to lodge any appeal further.

One of these scenarios might happen.

1- They find some other Errors in law and apply UT directly and get permission and in this case you will hear about their application in logically 1 month more or less. This scenario is less likely going to happen.

2- They apply from UT and their application get refused or Home Office later on withdraw their appeal. This case seems weird but believe me it has happened to some applicants when they follow up the case from MP.

3- What usually happens is that you will not hear from Home Office for a long period. Around 12 weeks and in some scenarios even up to 22 weeks. They they will either send you Biometrics Permit and Documents or they may request some new documents even if you have submitted in FTT, with new dates. Usually if they ask for documents, everything else is solved and all missing is the updated document and once you submit you will get your biometrics soon.

4- If after 12 weeks and logically after 18-22 weeks you did not hear from Home Office, you may require to ask your Local MP to contact Home Office. They will ask Home Office to speed of the process of your application and usually you will hear back from Home Office within one month.

When case is returned to Home Office, it is looked as a Fresh Case. It is up to your luck how speedy your case being dealt. We have people who get their Biometric in two weeks after determination and people who has been waiting for long.

In my case there is no news but I do not bother really and let Home Office process the documents in their own way.

Hope I was helpful...

cyber_warez

Post by cyber_warez » Wed May 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Thank you so much for reply @ kingNothing.I want to know about your case? what is your refusal reason given by FTT judge.when HO tries to register case in the UT.
In my case FTT judge said HO about out of appeal and criticised home office staffs.

KingNothing wrote:Home Office can now apply from Upper Tribunal Directly for a permission to appeal. They need to Submit a new Ground of Appeal. In my case, FTT told Home Office, they can lodge a new appeal only if they have new points raised apart from subject of determination.

As in FTT all the issues being discussed are about the points that you have not already got any grade for, it is not likely that they be successful to go to UT or being granted to lodge any appeal further.

One of these scenarios might happen.

1- They find some other Errors in law and apply UT directly and get permission and in this case you will hear about their application in logically 1 month more or less. This scenario is less likely going to happen.

2- They apply from UT and their application get refused or Home Office later on withdraw their appeal. This case seems weird but believe me it has happened to some applicants when they follow up the case from MP.

3- What usually happens is that you will not hear from Home Office for a long period. Around 12 weeks and in some scenarios even up to 22 weeks. They they will either send you Biometrics Permit and Documents or they may request some new documents even if you have submitted in FTT, with new dates. Usually if they ask for documents, everything else is solved and all missing is the updated document and once you submit you will get your biometrics soon.

4- If after 12 weeks and logically after 18-22 weeks you did not hear from Home Office, you may require to ask your Local MP to contact Home Office. They will ask Home Office to speed of the process of your application and usually you will hear back from Home Office within one month.

When case is returned to Home Office, it is looked as a Fresh Case. It is up to your luck how speedy your case being dealt. We have people who get their Biometric in two weeks after determination and people who has been waiting for long.

In my case there is no news but I do not bother really and let Home Office process the documents in their own way.

Hope I was helpful...

KingNothing
United States of America

Post by KingNothing » Fri May 23, 2014 6:15 am

A recap on this thread will show the context of determination letter in words that I had written previously. Basically they refused my application on 3 points:

1- Third party letter was not signed by me
2- Third party bank letter does not include his phone number
3- The letter from legal representative is not present

In FTT court we discussed as:

1- Third party letter was not signed by me. We approved but it was simply a letter with a) wrong format b) missing information so Home Office had to consider 3 things 1- Evidential Flexibility which was valid at the time of decision 2 - Rodriguez Case 3 - Immigration Rule section 245AA . Home Office must had written to us and ask for missing information or letter in right format.

2- It is not necessary. It is a part of the policy but not a part of Immigration Rules. It is also obtainable from other parts of application form.

3- The Legal representative was United States notary service. They had a letter which was a form where they filled in the blanks concerning that they have seen third party signing the letter in their presence and they have approved it. The letter has not been typed in because of the policy of notary services in United States. It is not even a letter in wrong format because it includes all points in the policy but even if it was in wrong format, Home Office had to communicate for it based on discussion in 1.

The court approved all three points raised by us and Home Office did not defend anything as they said it is neglect by Case Worker and requested to remit the case to Home Office. Judge allowed the appeal accepting all our discussion.

Then after 11 days Home Office challenged the decision because of Err in law. I did not ask for ground of Appeal but as I saw the decision letter, I suppose they were questioning Rodriguez.

FTT refused HO application saying that all points are based on Immigration Law and decision of the first Judge was lawful. Even though HO applied 6 days late but they considered the application in lawful time frame as considering delays for post. Last update was March 4th and after that no news so far. FTT says Home Office has not lodged any direct appeal to UT and time frame has ended. However, I am not chasing up Home Office and allow them do their work and get the job done on the normal processing speed.

sintiaatm

Post by sintiaatm » Fri May 23, 2014 2:39 pm

@shah05 i think you have hearing today. good luck

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Actually I had my hearing on 20th but they haven't took the decision. So judge said he will send in written. So waiting. I will update my case as soon as I will receive anything. Also if you have any question feel free to ask.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi guys,

Just updating my hearing was at the UT today, it didn't go well, the Judge said she will still have to consider Rodriguez as it is the authority on PBS cases. I told her about my 10 years LR, she said it is up to the HO to decide my application and reserved her decision. Please help me with the following questions;

1. If my appeal is dismissed and I can't get permission to appeal any further, how long will I have to leave the country.
2. My passport has expired and is with the HO, can I get travel documents and travel to my country, while a decision on my 10 years LR is still pending.

I appreciate any suggestions, the hearing today has left me more confused. Many thanks.