ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal experience and your opinions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hammad ahmad

Appeal experience and your opinions

Post by hammad ahmad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 am

Hi I would like to share my hearing experience.

My hearing was yesterday.

Applied for Tier 1 £50,000 route on 26th March 2014

Reason for refusal. Only one point. Date issue.

I supplied two bank statements. £25000 in UK personal bank account and £25000 in overseas bank account.
The issue was that I supplied UK bank statement dated 17th March 2014 and overseas bank statement dated 19th March 2014.Only one day was missing 18th March 2014. I thought that we need funds available for investment at any time but not that £50,000 should be available on same day. I did not move the funds at all and the funds are still available and proved in the court of appeal.

During my hearing the judge did not ask any questions neither the HO representative. All the hearing took about 20 minuts and the judge said I will send my decision by post. We proved that the funds are still available and were even available at the time of application. It was just a silly mistake and we admitted that in front of the Judge. We did read the guidance but could not find the same day rule where funds should be available on the same day. But my barrister said its not in the guidance but it is in the rules and people get confused by not reading the rules.

The business is trading and we provided all the invoices and business statements. Now I don't know what the judge will decide.

Please share your opinion.