ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Won, How long do I have to Wait. Any1 here got visa!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

red poltergeist
inactive

Appeal Won, How long do I have to Wait. Any1 here got visa!!

Post by red poltergeist » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 am

Hi I have received letter from tribunal and my hearing is on September 10th. whats the next procedure. I dont have any clue what documents should I make ready, and whats gonna happen next. Can somebody out there please tell me all the steps in the process.

Reason for Refusal:
1) Email address not provided in the contract letter from my clients
2) No declaration from legal representative

appealed on may 29- got letter yesterday for court hearing on september 10th
Last edited by red poltergeist on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

urfipk
Newly Registered

Post by urfipk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 am

Wen u apply for appeal and wat was the reasons for refusal?

vinny

Re: Quick Question Regarding Appeal Accepted

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:58 am

red poltergeist wrote:Hi All,

If you appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal, can the home office again find any thing wrong in you application and reject you again or do they grant visa as the reason which they have refused has been resolved. how long does the Home office take to send you your passport, visa, BRP after the appeal has been allowed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

red poltergeist
inactive

Quick Question Regarding Appeal Accepted

Post by red poltergeist » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 am

Hi All,

If you appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal, can the home office again find any thing wrong in you application and reject you again or do they grant visa as the reason which they have refused has been resolved. how long does the Home office take to send you your passport, visa, BRP after the appeal has been allowed.

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Home office can appeal against the decision but you know what it is settled. Just calm down and wait for your document.

Congrats!!!

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Re: Quick Question Regarding Appeal Accepted

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:26 pm

red poltergeist wrote:Hi All,

HO definitely has the right to appeal the decision, but they generally do not. They have a window which I believe is either 5 or 10 working days during which they can appeal. If they do not during this time (and they won't), then you are good.

Just wait for your documents.... I won my appeal almost 2 months ago and I am still waiting!!!

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks mate, have you received your biometric card yet? what is the waiting time till you receive your biometric card after the appeal has been allowed.

Thanks in advance

mmc

Post by mmc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 pm

red poltergeist wrote:Thanks mate, have you received your biometric card yet? what is the waiting time till you receive your biometric card after the appeal has been allowed.

Thanks in advance

Have you received your documents ie passport + BRP ?

Can you please update this forum, as other will know the time frame after winning their appeal.

Regards
MMC
MMC

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm

red poltergeist wrote:Thanks mate, have you received your biometric card yet? what is the waiting time till you receive your biometric card after the appeal has been allowed.

Thanks in advance
No I am still waiting ....

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

are you still waiting ???

I dont know why do the ukba take such a long time to give visa even after winning the appeal.

cant wait to get my visa and get along with my life.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:54 pm

red poltergeist wrote:are you still waiting ???

I dont know why do the ukba take such a long time to give visa even after winning the appeal.

cant wait to get my visa and get along with my life.
Yes I am still waiting... I sent them a letter last month asking about my application / documents ... they still haven't answered that either.

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi mate, any luck or you still waiting for UKBA to respond.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:58 pm

red poltergeist wrote:Hi mate, any luck or you still waiting for UKBA to respond.
Well they refunded my appeal fee as per the judges instructions a few days after I sent them a letter. Not sure if it was because it was a letter or where it was pure coincidence.

I rang them last week (one month since my letter to them), and all they said was in process. When I pushed for more information, she told me that's all she can say and told me I do not have to call again. Once there is an update they will contact me.

What about you?

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm

In my case I am waiting for response from the UKBA, I still did not get my Court fee back, I got my decision letter on 7th this month. Its not even a month since I got my decision. Thanks for replying back, Hope UKBA issues us Visa quickly.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:23 pm

red poltergeist wrote:In my case I am waiting for response from the UKBA, I still did not get my Court fee back, I got my decision letter on 7th this month. Its not even a month since I got my decision. Thanks for replying back, Hope UKBA issues us Visa quickly.
I hope so too... good luck and keep me posted

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Mate I have just checked that I have received the £140 which we pay for the tribunal back in to my account today. Lets hope the UKBA responds and sends me visa quickly :)

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:22 pm

red poltergeist wrote:Hi Mate I have just checked that I have received the £140 which we pay for the tribunal back in to my account today. Lets hope the UKBA responds and sends me visa quickly :)
Congratulations… hopefully not long now. Although, I did get my refund just over one month ago and I am still waiting … :-(

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Have you tried contacting your local MP. He may help you issuing a letter to home office to speed up your application process. I will wait for a month and then contact my local MP.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 pm

red poltergeist wrote:Have you tried contacting your local MP. He may help you issuing a letter to home office to speed up your application process. I will wait for a month and then contact my local MP.
No I haven't tried contacting my MP, would have to know who it is to begin with. But even then, I am not sure that it will accomplish anything! I sent a letter to the home office daed sept 21st and I received no reply from them till today.

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Any luck guys!!! Please tell me how long do I have to wait and is there any other way to track our application progress

bes
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal Won, How long do I have to Wait. Any1 here got vi

Post by bes » Thu May 01, 2014 3:17 pm

on what number did you phone HomeOffice, same thing happened to me and 3 months down the line, no response from home office.

been trying to take and nobody taking any ownership

kassy1
Newly Registered

Post by kassy1 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi Bes,
just want to know when your appeal was allowed.I'm also on the same boat.my appeal was allowed on the 9th of december 2013 and I'm still waiting....... :cry:

bes
Newly Registered

Post by bes » Mon May 12, 2014 12:01 pm

bes wrote:on what number did you phone HomeOffice, same thing happened to me and 3 months down the line, no response from home office.

been trying to take and nobody taking any ownership
Ive contacted them on 0300 123 2241 and 00 44 1243 213 293, did you contact them on different number?

nesaw
Newly Registered

Post by nesaw » Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 pm

My appeal was upheld in March this year and last month UKBA refunded my appeal fee. After reading the comments on this forum, Im guessing it will be another 6 months wait until I receive my documents so I'm stuck on this island for another 6 months.

How about all of us sign a petition demanding UKBA to give us information on the status of our application and the reason for delay.

I just fail to understand why the delay when tribunal has already made its decision. All they have to do now is go through the application one last time stamp our passports and send it back.

If they are understaffed the government should look at hiring more case workers and reducing unemployment in the country. Im sure they get enough income from the thousands of pound application fees they charge to hire more case workers.

LegalSouthAfrican
Newly Registered

Post by LegalSouthAfrican » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi there,

I won my 1st Tribunal Court case on the 7th July, the HO appeal as they believed they had new evidence, which my Barrister made quick work of to say this was not new evidence just evidence that was never disputed by me of the case, and then after my 2nd Court date I had to wait another 2 weeks for the Judge to come back again saying that I have won again. That was on the 18th August.

Today 29-Sept-14, still not be refunded, still no passport returned or even more so no Bio metric card.

How long are people waiting for theirs and what address, or email or numbers have people called as I really think I need to start chasing someone and my passport actually expiring in a Months time and I have to get a new one to travel home to visit my sick mother. And before I can apply for the new one I need to have the old one as proof.

Lost for word

LegalSouthAfrican