ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application in process and 10 years

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khan_81
Member of Standing

application in process and 10 years

Post by khan_81 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi all,
If someone's application is in process and during that time applicant complete 10 years legal stay, in that case does the applicant can make a new application and vary the old application for entrepreneur visa? Or he has to wait for the outcome of entrepreneur visa application.

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:20 pm

You should read this section in policy guidance

Time awaiting a decision on an application or appeal :

This page tells you when time spent in the UK awaiting a decision on an application or an appeal counts as lawful residence for long residence applications.

Sections 3C and 3D of the Immigration Act 1971 both extend a person's leave in certain circumstances. To prevent applicants from becoming overstayers through no fault of their own, section 11 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 introduced an amended Section 3C into
the Immigration Act 1971.

Section 3C extends leave when a person with leave to enter or remain makes an in-time application. That is one made before their leave expires, but one in which their leave expires before a decision on that application is reached. If a person has 3C leave, and their application is refused, 3C leave continues until their appeal rights are exhausted. Section 3C
only applies to in-time applications.

If a person submits an out-of-time application, they will have a gap in continuous lawful residence, from the date their leave expired until the date they are next granted leave, regardless of how long it takes for the decision to be made.

To prevent people becoming overstayers while exercising a right of appeal against a decision to curtail or revoke leave to enter or remain, section 11 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 added section 3D to the Immigration Act 1971. When leave to enter or remain is curtailed or revoked, Section 3D extends it while an appeal is brought, while it is
pending, and continues until appeal rights are exhausted.

Both 3C and 3D leave count as existing leave to enter or remain in the UK, and therefore as lawful residence for the purpose of the 10 year long residence rule.

A person cannot make a fresh application for leave while they have 3C or 3D leave pending the outcome of a decision on their outstanding application. This means that someone who reaches the 10 year threshold during this leave cannot apply for indefinite leave. This could
occur in the following two situations

The applicant completes 10 years continuous lawful residence while awaiting a decision on an application for further leave

If the application that has generated the 3C leave has not yet been decided, the applicant
can vary the grounds of that application to include a request for leave on the basis of long residence. If a long residence application would attract a higher fee than the initial application, the applicant must pay the balance before the varied application can be
considered.
The applicant completes 10 years continuous lawful residence while awaiting a decision of an appeal

A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal.

If the applicant has an outstanding appeal against a decision to refuse leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, and submits an application for long residence, you must void the case and refund the fee. You must create a file or sub-file and mark it ‘PRIORITY’. You must send the file or sub-file to the presenting officers unit (POU) dealing with the appeal. You
must send a letter to the applicant or their representative informing them their application has been linked with their outstanding appeal. You must use Doc Gen letter ICD.3207 for this purpose.

If the appeal is against a decision to curtail or revoke, and the immigration decision was made on or after 31 August 2006, you must follow the same process but you must use Doc
Gen letter ICD.3258.

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:49 am

@modern_newton...thanks
very imformative

khan_81
Member of Standing

Post by khan_81 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks alot mean one can vary application if in process

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:11 pm

You welcome guys
khan_81 wrote:Thanks alot mean one can vary application if in process
Yea you can if home office has not made any decision yet and its best option for those who complete their ten years while waiting for decision of their entrepreneur application especially if they are not sure they will get any positive decision or not..they should go for it as soon as they complete 10 years

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:44 am

modern_newton wrote:You welcome guys
Yea you can if home office has not made any decision yet and its best option for those who complete their ten years while waiting for decision of their entrepreneur application especially if they are not sure they will get any positive decision or not..they should go for it as soon as they complete 10 years
Hi Modern_newton
how about if the appeal is withdrawn and 10 yrs completed would that be consider as undecided application and one can vary ?
thanks

toby23

Post by toby23 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:11 am

If the appeal is withdrawn it means there is a pending decision , hence you can put the application for ILR

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re:

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:01 am

kashnex wrote:
modern_newton wrote:You welcome guys
Hi Modern_newton
how about if the appeal is withdrawn and 10 yrs completed would that be consider as undecided application and one can vary ?
thanks
I am in same situation :D

My ten years got completed when i was waiting for decision of hearing and now i got the decision and appeal was allowed and homeoffice have been told to make fresh decision and consider fresh evidence as well before making fresh decision. I will be completing my ten years in january and i would have leave under section 3C. I dont know if i can make application for ILR. Technically when your application or decision of UKBA is pending then you can vary application. If appeal withdrawn by homeoffice then that mean your leave is cover under 3C so you can vary application as far as i know

afzal patel
Newly Registered

Re: application in process and 10 years

Post by afzal patel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi
I have a situations where I applied for ilr on entrepreneur basis which has been refused recently and now I got admistration review right as HO now not give appel right from march 2015 but they give admistrtion review right where my leave continue under secrion 3C.

My question is during the administration reviw process I have completed my 10 years law ful. If my administration review reply comes in negative and now as I completed 10 years lawful under section 3C but I dont have valid leave AS MY ADMISTRATION REVIEW REPLY COMES INTO LETS SAY NEGATIVE HOWEVER I have completed 10 years lawfuly under section 3C can I apply for ilr on the basis of long residency as I dont have appel right. Can I make an fresh application on long residency for il r within 28 days after admistration review refusal??

Could some one pls reply on this situation as since appel right closed and HO gives only AR right so I never got this answers correctly not found this situation on search so far. Please reply with details. Indeed thanks

afzal patel
Newly Registered

Post by afzal patel » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:00 am

Hi
I have a situations where I applied for ilr on entrepreneur basis which has been refused recently and now I got admistration review right as HO now not give appel right from march 2015 but they give admistrtion review right where my leave continue under secrion 3C.

My question is during the administration reviw process I have completed my 10 years law ful. If my administration review reply comes in negative and now as I completed 10 years lawful under section 3C but I dont have valid leave AS MY ADMISTRATION REVIEW REPLY COMES INTO LETS SAY NEGATIVE HOWEVER I have completed 10 years lawfuly under section 3C can I apply for ilr on the basis of long residency as I dont have appel right. Can I make an fresh application on long residency for il r within 28 days after admistration review refusal??

Could some one pls reply on this situation as since appel right closed and HO gives only AR right so I never got this answers correctly not found this situation on search so far. Please reply with details. Indeed thanks

Can some one please reply to above situation? thanks

tuhc

Post by tuhc » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi Afzal,

Can you please share your reason of refusal for your accelerated ILR.

Thanks