ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved my Tier 1 Entrepreneur initial application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

Approved my Tier 1 Entrepreneur initial application

Post by Sandeep0041 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:22 pm

I'm pleased to let you know that my visa got approved today. I applied for T1E under 50K route. An intermediary public body invested £ 70K in us. I joined an existing business as an additional director.

I was under Tier 2 General. I resigned my job in early Jan and became a director soon after my resignation.

Timeframe:
Tier 2 General leave to remain curtailed to 1Aug 2016.
Resigned on 2 Jan 2016.
Became a director on 1 Feb 2016.

Applied: 19 May 2016
Fee deducted: 23 May 2016
Biometric letter dated: 31 May 2016
Biometrics submitted: 2 June 2016
Documents and approval letter: 15July 2016

I'm waiting for my BRP to arrive. Altogether it took about 8 weeks for them to make a decision

Here are the documents I have submitted:

Official Identification Documents
2 x Passport photographs
1 x Biometric Residence Permit
2 x International Passports

Documents supporting access to more than £ 50,000
1 x Letter from the authorised official from the intermediary public body
1 x HSBC Business current account statement showing balance of over £50,000. Actually it was showing £220,000.
1 x Letter from the HSBC bank confirming the balance on accounts
1 x Letter from my co-director confirming that I have access to the funds. The bank didn't issue a co-signatory letter. So I had to get a letter from my co-director that I have access to the bank accounts.
1 x Legal representative letter confirming validity of my co-director's letter
1 x Company Tax Return
1 x Annual Return
1 x Companies House Certificate of Incorporation
1 x Companies House Appointment of Director
1 x Companies House Current Appointment Report
1 x Articles of Association
1 x Subscription Agreement
1 x Corporation Tax

Documents supporting Maintenance funds
2 x Bank personal current account statements

Documents supporting English Language
1 x Masters’ Degree certificate

1 x Diploma Supplement

Documents supporting Genuine Entrepreneur Test
1 x Business Plan with financial projections
1 x Curriculum Vitae
1 x Business address confirmation letter and license agreement
1 x Certificate of Employer’s Liability Insurance
1 x Insurance continuous policy
1 x Insurance policy schedule
1 x Invoice from Amazon Web Services
1 x Subscription agreement with a market data provider
5 x Media articles

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. And many thanks for everyone who's replied to all my previous questions. This forum has been incredibly helpful to me.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Re: Approved my Tier 1 Entrepreneur initial application

Post by Ali272 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Congrats.
Did you have interview? did you provide management accounts? (Profit/Loss statement or balance sheet)
Thanks.

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

Post by Sandeep0041 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Thank you Ali272.

I didn't have an interview and also didn't provide management accounts. Hope this helps.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Thank you so much Sandeep0041.

Can I pm you for a question?

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

Post by Sandeep0041 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Please feel free to pm me.

hsmhu21120680
Newly Registered

Post by hsmhu21120680 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi :

Congrats !
Thank you for sharing the info.

I was a T2 general holder as well and currently is swiching to T1E.
By viewing your provided info, during in your T1E processing period you did the business related things such as became director, and in your interview thereafter you provided company stuff as well.

I'm OK with the further company related documents you provided in the inerview since you joined an existing business with others. However, per my personal understanding, you shouldn't have the permission to do the business work (mainly the director role) as you were still stay in T2G catalogue.

Could you please let me know if the interviewer questioned this during in your interview?

PS:

My situation right now is I've applied the visa and waiting for the HO decision, but I haven't started the business such as register company on company house and apply VAT and so on. The reason is I believe I cannot do these since I'm still underneath T2G cataogue, which is illegall to do business work.

Much appreciate if you can provide some suggestion on my case?

cheers

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Sandeep0041 wrote:Please feel free to pm me.
Members cannot avail of the PM feature until they have established their credentials with 30 posts. This is to prevent abuse of the facility.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

Post by Sandeep0041 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:20 pm

hsmhu21120680 wrote:Hi :

Congrats !
Thank you for sharing the info.

I was a T2 general holder as well and currently is swiching to T1E.
By viewing your provided info, during in your T1E processing period you did the business related things such as became director, and in your interview thereafter you provided company stuff as well.

I'm OK with the further company related documents you provided in the inerview since you joined an existing business with others. However, per my personal understanding, you shouldn't have the permission to do the business work (mainly the director role) as you were still stay in T2G catalogue.

Could you please let me know if the interviewer questioned this during in your interview?

PS:

My situation right now is I've applied the visa and waiting for the HO decision, but I haven't started the business such as register company on company house and apply VAT and so on. The reason is I believe I cannot do these since I'm still underneath T2G cataogue, which is illegall to do business work.

Much appreciate if you can provide some suggestion on my case?

cheers

hsmhu21120680,

I became a director of an existing business and raised a seed fund. In my case, I did not have 200K myself and I could only apply for the visa after raising funds.

I was not entirely sure how else I could have achieved this without becoming a director first and then raising funds. I did not have an operational role in the company. I was just a director and my co-directors were running the day to day operations of the company.

After receiving the visa, I'll now have an operational role in the business and start receiving a salary.

Please refer to the following post where OP managed to get the visa by registering a limited company before applying for T1 E.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1315996

P.S: I'm no lawyer and I haven't used a lawyer to file my visa application. Request any senior members of the forum to comment.