ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Auto Pension Enrol and Entrepreneur 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

Auto Pension Enrol and Entrepreneur 1

Post by n8net » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:35 am

Hi guys,

I read in the news papers that Government is rolling out Auto enrollment of employees even for small firms
which might affect Entrepreneurs.

any1 got any advice on how this should be done. I think the roll out goes till 2018 and if the extension of the Entre visa is in 2016, does it mean we can overlook this auto enrollement and avoid the pension costs ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: Auto Pension Enrol and Entrepreneur 1

Post by n8net » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:46 am

any1 ?

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Speak to your accountant or source information from the pension regulator.
http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/ ... enrol.aspx

For auto enrolment I recommend NEST pension-its very cheap if not free.

This is fairly new and some accountants do not really understand this. I suggest you read the information on the website, understand the requirements and your duties, then decide whether you will outsource the service or do it yourself.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:27 am

Hi Hope,

thanks for the reply. byt I am worried abt if this has implication for the extension application.
has the guidance been updated ? is it very important for an Ent applying to extend in 2016, when the roll out itself carries on till 2018 .

any idea ?

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 pm

It depends on your staging date. It's up to you if you want to bring your staging date forward so you can start the automatic enrolment. I don't see any problems here with HO if your staging date is after your extension.

Well, you may wish to seek expert opinion. My staging date is 2017 so am breathing fresh air for now as so many issues already(too much expenses). Although I intend to bring my staging date forward solely to make our recruitment attractive to the right candidate by having a pension package.

See copy n paste from the pension regulator below:

"The date your automatic enrolment duties start is called your staging date and is when the law comes into effect for you. It can be found on the letters about automatic enrolment that we send to you.

There are several tasks you’ll need to complete before your staging date to be ready to comply with your duties – for example, choosing a pension scheme.

Give yourself plenty of time before your staging date to prepare for automatic enrolment. This will allow you time to plan your finances, and find the best pension scheme for your staff and to carry out other tasks listed in this guide.

If you don't know your staging date, you can find it using your PAYE reference. If you don't pay your staff through a PAYE scheme, your staging date will be 1 April 2017.
"

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 am

thanks a lot for very comprehensive answer