ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team members have separate businesse

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jrs
Newly Registered

Can Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team members have separate businesse

Post by jrs » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Hello All,
This is my first post in this forum. I got Tier 1 entrepreneur visa as a joint applicant about 1 and half years ago. we have established our business in the UK. however, for ease of management and to avoid any clashes we are doing separate businesses. I am running a café and a beauty salon under one company and I am the only director of that company. and my other entrepreneur team member (joint applicant) is running two separate beauty salons under another company and she is the only director of her company. we have our own separate corporate accounts. we have genuinely invested 200k in total. we will apply for extension jointly. someone has told us that we can not operate separately. for extension of visa, both of us should be the directors at the same time in each of the companies. (in our case we may have two companies but both of us should be directors in both companies).
is that true? if this is true, then what can we do to sort it out. Please advise.
Many thanks in advance.

jrs
Newly Registered

Re: Can Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team members have separate busin

Post by jrs » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Anyone?????????????????????????????????

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Firstly i dont think so that there is any harm in it
To be honest i am also a team member and we are also running bhsinesses separately

Secosnly even if you have doubts you can include him as director of your company. It takes less than 10 mins

Tier1newbie

Post by Tier1newbie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:09 am

As mentioned above there is no harm but i think the ideology behind forming a team is if you are not able to establish the said business alone and need a partner to help you in establishing the business and work together. As the home office is nip picking on everything i think you should get each other registered as directors which you can even backdate to as far as 6-8 months.