ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cases challenged by home office to upper tribunal plz join

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

miss khan

cases challenged by home office to upper tribunal plz join

Post by miss khan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:02 pm

my case is being challenged by home office to upper tribunal i have been waiting since 15 July
please all mates who are in same situation join here to share the experience

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: cases challenged by home office to upper tribunal plz jo

Post by avjones » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:04 am

miss khan wrote:my case is being challenged by home office to upper tribunal i have been waiting since 15 July
please all mates who are in same situation join here to share the experience
It's not clear really what situation you are in!

Your appeal was allowed by the First Tier Tribunal? And the Home Office have appealed.

What stage are you at? Has it been considered on the papers, do you have a court date?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

miss khan

Post by miss khan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Yes Jones thanks for replay
My appeal was allowed by the first tribunal
And then it has been challenged by the home office
Now I got upper tribunal hearing date which is 21 December
Plz share your expirence

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 am

Sorry, I'm a barrister, not actually bringing my own case.

If it's the first hearing at the Upper Tribunal, it's an "error of law" hearing. That means the Home Office will be saying that the First Tier Tribunal Judge erred in law in his determination.

If there isn't an error of law, that's it. If there is, the decision must be re-made. There may or may not be a further hearing to re-make it.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.