ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Construction as a business !!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kaps84
Member of Standing

Construction as a business !!

Post by kaps84 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 am

Hi All,

What are your views on "Construction" as a business for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur?
By "Construction", I mean -

1) Constructing a building on my clients land.
2) Demolishing the existing building and creating a new one for my client.
3) Be supplier of the construction material and Labor as part of the contract.
4) Providing services like, planning permission, architectural designs, etc. (from third party/architect, etc)
5) Employing labour or staff.

I am specifying that I or my construction company is NOT buying any property/land to develop. Sole purpose is constructing the building and supplier of inventory material. Me or my company will NOT be part of the property selling after construction.

Thanks,
Kaps
-- Kaps84

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Construction as a business !!

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm

@ Kaps84, construction services is allowed under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa as long as you don't take part in the buying and selling of the building for the sole purpose of making profit from its sales thereafter. Meanwhile your construction service should be clearly specified in your invoices. The person who buy the materials for the job shouldn't be an issue as some clients could opt to get their own materials while paying you for labour.

Another important point to note is that your construction services should fall within the required NQF level 4 if you are on Tier 1 Entrepreneur PSW route.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:47 am

Olasunkanmi wrote: Another important point to note is that your construction services should fall within the required NQF level 4 if you are on Tier 1 Entrepreneur PSW route.

@Olasunkanmi: Thanks for your reponse!! I am a T1E by 200K route. Is there any such level like NQF or any other obligation that you know of for T1E 200K route?

Thanks,
Kaps
-- Kaps84

ecaLegal
Newly Registered

Post by ecaLegal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:20 am

kaps84 wrote:
Olasunkanmi wrote: Another important point to note is that your construction services should fall within the required NQF level 4 if you are on Tier 1 Entrepreneur PSW route.

@Olasunkanmi: Thanks for your reponse!! I am a T1E by 200K route. Is there any such level like NQF or any other obligation that you know of for T1E 200K route?

Thanks,
Kaps

No, there is no NQF requirement at all in the 200k route