ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment letter- Interview call from HO

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Curtailment letter- Interview call from HO

Post by jazmalik » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello everyone,
I am on Tier-1 entrepreneur visa.
Has anyone attended an interview at HO for to prove their Investment funds into business? I just need to see what kind of questions they ask.
Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Curtailment letter- Interview call from HO

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Hello Jazmalik,

Have you applied for Tier 1 enterprenuer extensiona visa? Is this interview call for you. Please give us some more details?

Thanks
IR

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi,
No I did not apply for extension. I received a letter from HO.
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:45 pm

jazmalik wrote:Hi,
No I did not apply for extension. I received a letter from HO.
thanks
Do you mind sharing some of the details on the the letter ?
Are you running an active working business which has hired people ?? Have you registered within 6 months of entering the route ? Have you ever worked as an employee for a company on this visa ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Jazmalik
U
Mentioned at top that curtailment letter which means your visa has been curtailed or not

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:04 pm

zimba,
1-Yes we have an active business.
2-Have you registered within 6 months of entering the route ?
if it is registration for self employed, yes.
3- No

Hi business2business,
its not curtailed yet, they called me for interview.

thanks

Piyaji4200
Mood:

Post by Piyaji4200 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:08 pm

could you please explain in details?? how long your tier1 initial visa left???

share it please why they ask you for interview ??? and when will be your interview ??

regards

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm

hi piyaji,
As I mentioned earlier they are asking me to attend an interview for proof of investment funds into the business. I still have one year visa. And I do not know why they are inviting me for an interview even just me not my partner.
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Have you invested all the money? If not, do you have access to the money ?

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:27 am

Have you done toeic in past? Your funds were here in UK or overseas? Any access to funds?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:59 am

Jazmalik,

This board has a lot of knowledge. Why don't you stop playing around (and wasting our time) and share all the pertinent information so we can try and actually help you. If you want you can say you're asking for a friend that is what a lot of others do. We don't care.

An interview during the initial visa period is rare. To answer your original question. If they are asking for evidence on investment show them evidence of investment according to the guidelines as it was extension (though technically you do not have had to complete the investment yet). Obviously I suspect a deeper issue here

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:03 am

hi zimba,
yes I have invested all money into business. I just want to know if someone attended an interview for same category, so he can share questions.

hi momi,
I have not done any toeic or any kind of English test. I have done post graduation.

thanks

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:15 am

hi seasky,
sorry to say but your reply is quite harsh. I know this board has lot of knowledge. This is why I am seeking help here and I am not playing with anyone and not wasting anyone's time. If you have time and knowledge, you are welcome to reply, rather than teasing comments. This is for me not for my friend or anyone. As I said I received a letter from home office stating that I need to attend an interview and during interview I need to show proof of investment funds into my business. If you still do not understand this is what exactly written on the letter;

"you are required under paragraph 39D of the Immigration act 1971 (as amended) For the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply the Secretary of State may request a person who holds limited leave to enter or remain in the UK to:
(i) provide additional information and evidence to the Home Office at the address specified in the request within 28 calendar days of the date the request is sent; and/or
(ii) attend an interview. "

Thank you

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 am

Are you on 50k or 200k?
Any interview date?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:33 am

jazmalik wrote:hi seasky,
sorry to say but your reply is quite harsh. I know this board has lot of knowledge. This is why I am seeking help here and I am not playing with anyone and not wasting anyone's time. If you have time and knowledge, you are welcome to reply, rather than teasing comments. This is for me not for my friend or anyone. As I said I received a letter from home office stating that I need to attend an interview and during interview I need to show proof of investment funds into my business. If you still do not understand this is what exactly written on the letter;

"you are required under paragraph 39D of the Immigration act 1971 (as amended) For the purpose of assessing whether any of the grounds of curtailment under paragraphs 245DE(c), 245EE(c), 276BD1, 276BN1, 276BS1, 323 (other than 323(vii)), 323A, 323B, or 323C, apply the Secretary of State may request a person who holds limited leave to enter or remain in the UK to:
(i) provide additional information and evidence to the Home Office at the address specified in the request within 28 calendar days of the date the request is sent; and/or

Thank you
Many Tier 1E received similar letters last summer and all HO was asking in the interviews was if they have done a TOEIC English test. For most of them nothing really happened and HO let them go to continue their business.
Bear in mind that HO has the right to question you and your business credibility at all times and if your fail to provide the required evidence, they have the right to curtail your visa. Tier 1E route has been heavily abused, so HO intelligence units are screening individuals with this visa to make sure they are not in breach of the conditions of their stay. It could simply be a random routine check or it could be that something in your immigration history or background flagged up.
Given that every case is different, you need to attend the interview with the required documents and then it will be clear what they are after.

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:46 am

Momi,
I am on 50K route and interview is in next three weeks.

Zimba,
I appreciate your answers and you gave me link for couple of same cases yesterday. But they did not post anything after the interview date. Even I sent out messages but still there is no reply yet. Is there any way to send them an email so they can reply? I am pretty much ready for interview, As I said earlier if anyone else has attended interview please share your experience and questions.

Kind Regards

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 am

100% agreed with zimba. Even some of guys I know received letter last year about transfer of funds from overseas.
You shouldn't worry if you have all required documents.
Your funds were here in UK or overseas?

jazmalik
Newly Registered

Post by jazmalik » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:02 am

Momi,

uk!!

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 am

@zimba
Do you know what happens if someone changes his/her address? Where home office send the letter?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 am

Momi wrote:@zimba
Do you know what happens if someone changes his/her address? Where home office send the letter?
Some nationalities have to register with police and report any address changes. For others, HO might contact your on your mobile/email.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:53 am

People who got letters from HO having invitation for Interview are subjected to reassessment or having compliance issues. Most of the time this kind of action by HO triggered by any act or activity directly related or performed by individual or associate(s).

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:03 pm

[quote="jazmalik"]hi seasky,

Thank you[/quote]

Seasky comments hurt me please moderator help
Us from seasky

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 pm

jazmalik wrote:hi seasky,

Thank you
Glad my harsh reply finally woke you up to send the letter, so people can actually help you. If you can't accept it on anonymous IBB then hope you can stand for harsh HO questions

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Business2business wrote:
Seasky comments hurt me please moderator help
Us from seasky
I don't believe I replied to you at all on this thread? Anyway I'll help you. press my username link top right side. Then add me to the foe list (I guess that will block you from seeing you)

There are some ridiculous situations and some people need wake up calls. Yes that helps them actually. I could of answered the OP "don't worry I gurrantee at the end of this interview they will hand you a British Passport" and make him feel great but that does not actually help him does it?

Also there is much abuse with T1E by joke entrepreneurs that hurts the 'proper entrepreneurs'