ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependen (spouse) status after T1 Entr (main App) got ILR ??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KhanRiaz
Newly Registered

Dependen (spouse) status after T1 Entr (main App) got ILR ??

Post by KhanRiaz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:41 am

I need to ask about the status of my wife please.
She came to UK in May 2014 as my dependent. I was on T1 entrepreneur visa that time and got ILR last month June 2015 on that base. Dependent visa of my is valid till Feb 2017. Does She has to switch her visa to some other category because I have got ILR OR she can continue with same visa till FEB 2007.
Please advise.
Someone told us that she has to reapply for visa within 2 months otherwise her status will be illegal in UK. It seems very unlikely .

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependen (spouse) status after T1 Entr (main App) got IL

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm

If you got ILR based on 5 years residence as a Tier 1 E migrant, your wife can stay on her current Tier 1 E Dep visa and extend it is in 2017 for a further 2 years to meet the requirements before she can apply for ILR.

She does not need to change visa category. This is only applicable to dependents of migrants who apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.