ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does everyone applying for entrepreneur visa get interviewed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mensur

Does everyone applying for entrepreneur visa get interviewed

Post by Mensur » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Some people on this forum suggest that they have been given an entrepreneur visa by applying from overseas without undergoing an interview by an officer. My question is does everyone who is given an entrepreneur visa while applying from overseas have to have undergone an interview? Or do some applicants get given the entrepreneur visa without having done an interview, while others have been asked to do an interview??

david justin

Re: Does everyone applying for entrepreneur visa get intervi

Post by david justin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi,
As you can see from the earlier threads,visas have been granted to some without interviews and some had to go through interviews.
i think it all depends on the ECO and how tight your application is regarding proving to them you are a genuine enterpreneur on your application.
regards

david justin

Post by david justin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 pm

i have just gotten my visa and i was never interviewed.
i applied from nigeria after i was refused in uk

fidodido
Newly Registered

Post by fidodido » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 am

Congrats david

Kindly share your timeline.

Did you submit any business plan?

thanks

david justin

Post by david justin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:37 am

My timeline,
Apllied from the uk -October 2012
Biometrics done -november 2012
refusal- April 2013 although i didnt get the letter until capita wrote me in june 2013 to leave the country
Called home office about not getting the refusal letter and a new one was sent in july dated the same April
Lodged an appeal because i needed to make sure i was not an overstayer because of their fault.
Appeal date was given december 2013
Appeal dismissed January 2014
Passport requested
Left uk -March 2014
Applied from nigeria- june 9th,2014 with all the documents including a buisness plan and CV using 3rd party funding in the uk.
june 27th-received a call from the embassy requesting for up to date bank statement from 3rd party.
June 30th -3rd party bank statement emailed to the embassy
July 2nd,2014- received another call that bank statement hadnt been seen. told them it had been sent since on the 30th of june and they checked and found it
VISA issued on the 3rd of july,2014

Hope this helps