ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee based QES

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FOCUS

Employee based QES

Post by FOCUS » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:14 pm

HI every one,
can u please help me with my question

Can we employee Citizens and ILR candidates of UK who are living out of the country, if they satisfy the requirements of the job role for my company and work remotely ?
And will this be satisfing according to the rules and will it be accepted by HO ?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employee based QES

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:23 pm

This is not covered clearly by the immigration rules. You are allowed to hire any settled worker in your business and that is any EEA citizen or any national who is an ILR holder. However I believe that someone who is not resident in the UK, obviously will not legally be considered a settled worker in the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:44 pm

Thank you very much zimba

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:27 pm

...just an additional question on this.

Do we have to specify the location of employee to prove they're resident in the country, or how would HO know or not if they're not?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Usually an employee's address is on their payslips and HMRC can confirm their latest known address but nothing in the rules to ask you to prove that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks Zimba88. That was a very quick response,. :D