ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquery: Nature Of Business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aseefahmed

Enquery: Nature Of Business

Post by aseefahmed » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:25 am

Hi everybody,

Me and one of my friends are planning to apply for Tier1 (Entrepreneur Visa) as a team. Currently we both are in PSW visa. We are planning to buy a franchise of any existing business such as subway or any other food shop. My question is that, is that permissible in Tier1 (Entrepreneur Visa), to buy a franchise instead of establishing a new one?

I am eagerly waiting for the responses from you guys. thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am

Assuming you wish to apply with 50K capital rather than 200K, the nature of that type of business is not at or above level 4 and will not qualify.

aseefahmed

Post by aseefahmed » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am

What's about if I do graduate label business and besides this I also run my restaurant business as well

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm

The graduate level business would have to be the basis of the application. If, aside from this, you wish to own a shop that is fine, but it's not relevant to the application and can't be used to support it. You can't be employed by another entity but you can be a director and take profits from it.

aseefahmed

Post by aseefahmed » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 pm

I have one more query. Hope I will get the feedback from you guys.

After getting entrepreneur visa, am I legally allowed to do other kind of business which is in bellow level 4?

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Its been answered, yes you can but you cant possibly claim any points while extending your stay as Entrepreneur... in case if the main business fails or closes down which is level 4 and above, this is just my understanding wait for experts advise

Regards,
Solomon
Solomon

aseefahmed

Post by aseefahmed » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Re-post of my previous post as requested:

I am planning to switch from PSW to Entrepreneur Visa. i already set-up a business. and if i already start to invest in my business, then what kind of expenses will be considered as investment in my business? For example, my one is a Website Development Firm. I purchased four laptops for my staffs. Will this purchase be considered as investment as I purchased these laptops for my business? If so, then what kind of evidence i have to provide to support this kind of investment?

live4pride
- thin ice -

Re:

Post by live4pride » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The graduate level business would have to be the basis of the application. If, aside from this, you wish to own a shop that is fine, but it's not relevant to the application and can't be used to support it. You can't be employed by another entity but you can be a director and take profits from it.
I think you can do whatever business you want if you are maintaining at least 2 jobs in the same business and have enough evidence of investment of money, that you showed for initial application. Experts advise will be appreciated! :)
where there's a will there's a way