ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally Tier 1 Visa Refused (Team App) ......Stupid Reasons

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rehan01
Diamond Member

Finally Tier 1 Visa Refused (Team App) ......Stupid Reasons

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Dear All,

Finally I got my Tier 1 application refused today ............ Time Line

Applied 07/01/2013
Biometric : Last week of January
standard letter received about changes
Interview Attended: 03/06/2013
Refusal Letter Dated: 20/06/2013
Refusal Letter Received: 26/06/2013

Stupid Refusal Reasons:

1. You only submitted online advertisement of your business eg (Gumtree, Thomal Local, Craiglist etc). There are concerns about where you have chosen to advertise you business. In addition you have provided business contracts and HMRC Documents.

Ans: I have provided online advertisement printout plus a Leaflet of advertisement with complete details I simply don't understand what are the concerns they have there.

2.You applying as director of xyz company, you have provided bank statement that you have access to £50,000. Large payments have been transferred into this account over the period of 3 days, therefore the funds have only been available to you a month prior to submitting application.

Ans: I transferred all funds from my personal account to my joint account with my team member and transferred £50K over 3 days and also provided Recent bank statement when attended Interview confirming I have maintained the funds throughout and still are.

3. you stated you have not invested anything yet and have no overheads at present and apart from expenses which you are maintaining from your personal funds. so if you have used personal funds to fund the business so far and you have no overheads cost, where is the need for an investment of £50,000.

Ans: when I already told that all funds are our personal saving and whatever expenses we have we manage from personal funds and why would I invest £50k now when I don't even know I will be in country or not as my application is still pending?

4.you have provided no evidence to suggest that you have been developing this business during the course of your leave as Tier 1 (PSW) migrant as there is no information to demonstrate the creation of the business dated 26/11/2012, which is just over a months before the date of application.

Also not satisfied with market research. not satisfied that you working from home and will look to renting office space once you have been granted tier 1 entrepreneur.

Ans: where is it mention in policy guidance that we have to start developing the business before we consider to apply for Tier 1 visa? or I am wrong here that we should have started earlier ?

5.you have done degree in IT from XYZ University, you have stated that you worked for XYZ IT company. No evidence of any work experience in your chosen field has been submitted.

Ans: In Interview I have answer this question and have also provided complete details of the company I worked and she written everything about it in Answer sheet.

I am going to appeal for sure and any views, thoughts and idea in regards to above will be highly appreciated.

regards
Last edited by rehan01 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:52 pm

rehan, im so sorry to hear this.

Im speechless and shocked !

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 pm

LOL thanks babylondoner ...... This is life buddy ............... Something I learn over the years that never give up ......... and with the help of Almighty I will prove myself right in Appeal.

thanks for your thought much appreciated.

regards
babylondoner wrote:rehan, im so sorry to hear this.

Im speechless and shocked !

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:57 pm

@ babylondner

I don't know if you heard of this before or not but that's what I am going to do now ...... LOL

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Rehan, I'm shocked by the reasons they've given.

Do you have a website for your business? What about business account? If yes, did you disclose this at the interview?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 pm

[
Yes I have business website, I have submitted complete website printout with application and again in interview .... I have submitted business bank account with initial application and also update statement in interview again ... plus all the contract I have done since we started company and also business account also confirming all the payments made by the clients till then into business account as per contract.

but still this is the outcome ... I m shocked too but this is life never mind nothing much we can do .... the only think is now I have to go to some solicitor which I don't want to do as I don't trust them at all but I guess I have left with no choice now.

regards

quote="babylondoner"]Rehan, I'm shocked by the reasons they've given.

Do you have a website for your business? What about business account? If yes, did you disclose this at the interview?[/quote]

wow99

Post by wow99 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:29 pm

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your refusal. I must say these are silly reasons to refused an application. I believe they come with those reasons only to refused you though you have been interviewed which doesn't make sense at all and i am pretty sure none of the reasons they have given now was asked in the interview.

More applications are getting refused just like that, they are just trying to put all the reasons to make it harder for the applicants to win appeal.

Anyway, Go for appeal and hope for the best. I'm sure there will be a way out.

Good luck

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:31 pm

rehan01 - so sorry to hear about your refusal.

You are right, the refusal reasons are really stupid.

All you need to do is to find a good and a genuine lawyer who can understand your case and can fight against the decision made.

I would advise you to go for an Oral appeal instead of Written, and I am saying this as per my experience and knowledge. However you can decide what is the best option for you.

All the best my friend.

God bless !!

Imran14

Post by Imran14 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:34 pm

@ Rehan Sorry to hear about your refusal, What exactly they have given you points for ... With your statement it looks as if they have given points for only maintenance of funds and degree. What is your immigration history, how long have you been in this country..... This is the worst ever reason i have come across so far. Any progress with Solicitors

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Out of the 5 reasons you posted. Not even a single reason appears to be valid and make any sense. Sure you must be already in the process of appealing anyway. All i could say is time did not favour you.

Guys I am just wondering if there is any way to reach out to court and solve all these problems once for all as a single broader case against UKBA. And then have UKBA to automatically reconsider all the entrepreneur refusals based on the broader judgement?

I just find that the entrepreneur category is quite complex when it comes to submitting the required evidences. They shouldn't be refusing a case even if there is anything missing. They should only refuse for any major issues such as deception. Is there anyway we can put a generic case against the UKBA on these grounds? Anyone with legal knowledge please advice.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:41 pm

I agree. this is the worst refusal ever !

where is it in the guidance policy that the 50k must be in the account 10, 20 or 100 months before the date of application?

where is it in the guidance policy that ''certain types/methods of adverts'' are not acceptable?

where is it in the guidance that we must submit evidence of our work experience?

how do they expect people to start investing funds with all the news on the high rate of refusals flying around? especially considering the fact that the applicant applied under the ''funds not invested'' cartegory?

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:51 pm

rehan01 wrote:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

LOL! what more can you expect from them......

well you must expect unexpected from them if you r going to hit 10 yrs residency u will definitely receive such outcome
well as far as your ur refusal you are a smart guy n I beleive u already have done your home work just compile all ur evidence and lodge the appeal you would be alright by grace of almighty ALLAH

all the best

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:15 pm

all these things was asked in interview and proper answers were given and she was completely satisfied and this is just silly reasons to waste time nothing else.

I transferred funds from my current account (which bank statement I have submitted as proof of maintenance and from that account funds was transferred to joint account which was only open because of this stupid Tier 1)

these reasons r nothing I am sure I will get over it easily in appeal bcz I have all the correct docs in place which I submitted with application.

wow99 wrote:That sucks. Sorry to hear about your refusal. I must say these are silly reasons to refused an application. I believe they come with those reasons only to refused you though you have been interviewed which doesn't make sense at all and i am pretty sure none of the reasons they have given now was asked in the interview.

More applications are getting refused just like that, they are just trying to put all the reasons to make it harder for the applicants to win appeal.

Good luck

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Million Dollar question to find a genuine lawyer or solicitor as they all are thief's but I guess I have to trust someone now.

Definitely going for ORAL hearing so I can shut them up and will c how they will defend there reasons there.

(if case worker can not check the statements properly than they cant do anything else)

any recommendation in regards to this?

regards

Entrepreneur9 wrote:rehan01 - so sorry to hear about your refusal.

You are right, the refusal reasons are really stupid.

All you need to do is to find a good and a genuine lawyer who can understand your case and can fight against the decision made.

I would advise you to go for an Oral appeal instead of Written, and I am saying this as per my experience and knowledge. However you can decide what is the best option for you.

All the best my friend.

God bless !!
Last edited by rehan01 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:19 pm

thanks Imran .... yes been only awarded point for maintenance and degree apart from that all ZERO.

Immigration history clear and only have few months left to apply for ILR (Long residency) but before I do that I will make sure I go win this appeal and prove myself right.

regarding solicitors I always had bad experience but I guess now I have to trust someone and file appeal

regards

Imran14 wrote:@ Rehan Sorry to hear about your refusal, What exactly they have given you points for ... With your statement it looks as if they have given points for only maintenance of funds and degree. What is your immigration history, how long have you been in this country..... This is the worst ever reason i have come across so far. Any progress with Solicitors

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Rehan,
Please I pray fervently to God to give you the courage and the determination to appeal and win this case. The excuses for refusal are so flimsy that one will begin to wonder if they have been able to save £1000 for themselves. I have rested my case in the hands of God and because He has never fail before, He will not fail in my case. Hold on to your faith and believe everything is possible. Cheers

Aluta continua! victoria acerta!!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:23 pm

thanks rsrameshsunil .... nothing can be done against them apart from go to appeal and shut them up with proper documents and proofs .......

this is first time ever I got refusal in my life just bcz they are not competent enough to check all the documents and decide the case

rsrameshsunil wrote:Out of the 5 reasons you posted. Not even a single reason appears to be valid and make any sense. Sure you must be already in the process of appealing anyway. All i could say is time did not favour you.

Guys I am just wondering if there is any way to reach out to court and solve all these problems once for all as a single broader case against UKBA. And then have UKBA to automatically reconsider all the entrepreneur refusals based on the broader judgement?

I just find that the entrepreneur category is quite complex when it comes to submitting the required evidences. They shouldn't be refusing a case even if there is anything missing. They should only refuse for any major issues such as deception. Is there anyway we can put a generic case against the UKBA on these grounds? Anyone with legal knowledge please advice.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:25 pm

exactly my point as the advert was upto date with all the proper information so instead of missing details reason they bloody refused the place of advertising ....... Wait till I go for hearing then I will answer this question properly.

this is 21st century we r living now not in 18.

regards

babylondoner wrote:I agree. this is the worst refusal ever !

where is it in the guidance policy that the 50k must be in the account 10, 20 or 100 months before the date of application?

where is it in the guidance policy that ''certain types/methods of adverts'' are not acceptable?

where is it in the guidance that we must submit evidence of our work experience?

how do they expect people to start investing funds with all the news on the high rate of refusals flying around? especially considering the fact that the applicant applied under the ''funds not invested'' cartegory?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 pm

@ Kashnex

thanks buddy I have only few months away from 10 years LR ..... but now I will make sure I get Tier 1 approved before I apply for LR.

I have done my home work before I submitting my application and I will fight with same docs.

I think this whole Tier 1 is entirely your luck as I know some people who don't have money in there own or there third party account and they got the visas ........ I personally help so many who don't even knw how to complete application form but they got the visa so its all your luck.

I guess time was not in my favour but never mind this is LIFE

regards

kashnex wrote:
rehan01 wrote:

LOL! what more can you expect from them......

well you must expect unexpected from them if you r going to hit 10 yrs residency u will definitely receive such outcome
well as far as your ur refusal you are a smart guy n I beleive u already have done your home work just compile all ur evidence and lodge the appeal you would be alright by grace of almighty ALLAH

all the best

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:30 pm

thanks itk

I never learnt GIVEN UP in life and I don't do wrong things so like I said I will fight for my right and will do my best.

thanks for the courage and kind words much appreciated.

regards

itk wrote:Rehan,
Please I pray fervently to God to give you the courage and the determination to appeal and win this case. The excuses for refusal are so flimsy that one will begin to wonder if they have been able to save £1000 for themselves. I have rested my case in the hands of God and because He has never fail before, He will not fail in my case. Hold on to your faith and believe everything is possible. Cheers

Aluta continua! victoria acerta!!

samu140

Post by samu140 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Rehan, Sorry to hear about your decision, Do not worry you will be alright at hearing . We all prey for you.

I am also in the same boat but I am waiting for the decision yet, interviewed on 29th May and applied in december. and 10 years completing in september 2013
Keep Updating

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks samu140 .... Do not worry at all irrespective of ur application outcome u r on safe side ... If u knw wht I mean.

Regards

samu140 wrote:Hi Rehan, Sorry to hear about your decision, Do not worry you will be alright at hearing . We all prey for you.

I am also in the same boat but I am waiting for the decision yet, interviewed on 29th May and applied in december. and 10 years completing in september 2013

samu140

Post by samu140 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Yes I know. Thanks . Where was you interviewed ?
Keep Updating

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Rehan, what about your team member?

Was he refused as well? If yes, what reasons were given?

razi1234
- thin ice -

hi

Post by razi1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 pm

rehan01 wrote:all these things was asked in interview and proper answers were given and she was completely satisfied and this is just silly reasons to waste time nothing else.

I transferred funds from my current account (which bank statement I have submitted as proof of maintenance and from that account funds was transferred to joint account which was only open because of this stupid Tier 1)

these reasons r nothing I am sure I will get over it easily in appeal bcz I have all the correct docs in place which I submitted with application.

wow99 wrote:That sucks. Sorry to hear about your refusal. I must say these are silly reasons to refused an application. I believe they come with those reasons only to refused you though you have been interviewed which doesn't make sense at all and i am pretty sure none of the reasons they have given now was asked in the interview.

Good luck

Hi rehan

Sorry to hear..
Guys here I wanna say something ..Rehan is a man who is most active person at the forum. .he had excellent interview ..he had fulfilled each and every requirment of ukba...I m really surprised..this means they just wanna refuse and that's it....no policy guide nothing
RAZI