ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got T1-Ent extension. What's next?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seasky
BANNED

Got T1-Ent extension. What's next?

Post by seasky » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:04 am

A bit clueless to next move? Vaguely I remember 2 years till ILR and then another year to citizenship?

1. Do I have to prove ongoing entrepreneurial activity for ILR?
2. There were some delays in getting my extension (appeal ansthen reapplication). When does the 2 years start from (end of original 3 years or date of extension)
3. When does ILR convert to citizenship
4. Is there a shortcut to ILR? (I vaguely remember 10 employees or is it ten person years of employment?)

Thx

snapitbik
Nepal

Re: Got T1-Ent extension. What's next?

Post by snapitbik » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:33 am

Congratulation!!.

1. Yes you need to prove ongoing Entrepreneurial Activity in order to apply for ILR.
2. I am not sure about that, i reckon it starts from visa issue date, please need to confirm with Gurus.
3. Once you have ILR within year you can apply for Citizen but need check criteria to meet before applying,
4. No once your T1 Entre Visa extended i think 2 years you need to wait.

Now my Question

1. Under what route did you apply 50k or 200k ?
2. Please can you Share the list of Documents you Provided so it can Help Others too. ?
3. Application Process Duration for Extension ?
4. Did you Attend for Interview ?

Your reply will be highly Appreciated .

Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:42 am

3. When does ILR convert to citizenship
There is no 'conversion'. They are two separate processes and applications. In order to qualify for citizenship, you have to hold ILR for a full 12 months (unless you married to a British citizen). The requirements to apply for citizenship are different to those needed for ILR. Citizenship is a privilege, not a right.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snapitbik
Nepal

Post by snapitbik » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 am

Dear Seasky,

Can we have some reply regarding post.

Thank you

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:06 pm

I applied £200K route. I generally think I had a strong application as I have a very solid technology business where significantly more than £200K was invested. Though my first business, the one of my original application, failed after 6 months in the UK and I immediately started a 2nd one. I was tight on the employee side as everything was delayed (have 7+ high paid engineers all clearly for long term employment but some only joined in the last half year).

My wife and lawyer handled all the paperwork, so don't know the details, but was very substantive over 700 pages (quite a waste of time and money for the UK if you ask me. I told this to UKTI who supported me on visa extension. They should definitely interview everyone and those that have a clearly strong business focus on the high level not every dotted I/ crossed T. I guess that is bureacracy)

I was not interviewed.

Adilj
Pakistan

Post by Adilj » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Congrats and thanks for the info seasky. If you do not mind can you please share your timeline for visa extension?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Adilj wrote:Congrats and thanks for the info seasky. If you do not mind can you please share your timeline for visa extension?
I applied and after a month or so detected a mistake in one of my bank accounts (was under the amount needed at one point in the ninety days). Contacted me and gave me 7 days to fix it (but couldn't as needs to be above ninety days). Was declined with right to apeall and informal recommendation to apply again after ninety days. Appealed and got a date for 7-8 months forward after nonety days rescinded appeal and reapplied (yes had to pay all over again) and after 5-6 weeks got extension.

As a tip I added plenty letters of recommendation from business partners (on how I have brought them revenue and jobs for their team), UKTI, the UK ambassador to my home country, my investors etc. It gave some goodwill to my application and let me fix my mistake.

I beleive they now look deeper at the merit of the business.

Adilj
Pakistan

Post by Adilj » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 pm

thats great. thank you once again for sharing, one last question how long did it took after giving biometrics to get your brp ?

many thanks

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:31 am

Where is the official forms and guidance for my ILR (so I can prepare ahead and not make mistakes like this time)

still not clear when I can apply (5 years in UK or 2 years from extension) and if there are any shortcuts to getting ILR by having enough employees

Adilj
Pakistan

Post by Adilj » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:03 am

The forms for the extension are the same. Unfortunately there's no shortcut however you can apply ILR under tier 1 by completing 5 years or 10years long residency route.

Dear it will be great if you can tell me how long does it took for you to receive Brp after submitting biometrics. Thanks

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:06 am

Adilj wrote:The forms for the extension are the same. Unfortunately there's no shortcut however you can apply ILR under tier 1 by completing 5 years or 10years long residency route.

Dear it will be great if you can tell me how long does it took for you to receive Brp after submitting biometrics. Thanks
I am asking on forms for ILR not extension. Was about 4 weeks from biometrics