ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GRADUATE ENTREPRENEUR to Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vboxit
Newly Registered

GRADUATE ENTREPRENEUR to Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing time

Post by vboxit » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:22 am

Dear users,

I understand there is a separate topic running for Tier 1 Extension applications, however I am specifically targeting those candidates who have applied from Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur to Tier 1 Entrepreneur initial application

How many candidates have applied this year? and any response received from home office yet? I understand these applications are straight forward and quick wins for home office but yet still taking time to process.

I have applied in March 2016,

Interview Done : June 2016

Since then no response from home office.

Can you please share your experience if you had applied from Graduate Entrepreneur?

Many thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Re: GRADUATE ENTREPRENEUR to Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 pm

It should be around the same timeline as normal Tier 1E application which at the moment is around 6 months or more.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi,

I'm on Graduate Entrepreneur too and applied recently to switch to Tier 1 entrepreneur. May I please ask you, did you apply by yourself or did you use a lawyer? Also were you in Graduate Entrepreneur for one year or the complete two year?

Thank you.

vboxit
Newly Registered

Post by vboxit » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Ali272 wrote:Hi,

I'm on Graduate Entrepreneur too and applied recently to switch to Tier 1 entrepreneur. May I please ask you, did you apply by yourself or did you use a lawyer? Also were you in Graduate Entrepreneur for one year or the complete two year?

Thank you.
Hi Ali,

Good to know that you were part of Graduate Entrepreneur programme, I applied via Lawyer and I completed two years on GE Visa.

Good luck with your application, hope you do not have to wait more than 6/7 months.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:37 pm

I have applied mid August, had interview 19th of Oct. nothing since then.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I have hired a lawyer too. Honestly, I don't mind 6 months waiting time as long as my application is eventually approved as I don't need to travel abroad.

Good luck with your application. Please keep us updated. :)

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi Zamaha,

Thanks for your comment. Hopefully you will have your visa soon.

Couple of questions. Did you apply by yourself? also how was the interview? what did they ask?

Thanks.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:11 am

Thanks. Hopefully everything will be ok for all of us.
Interview was ok. Just a general question that you can find in the forum. How much was your tax? Profit? When do u employ someone? Who are your clients? Source of fund?
Nothing specifically related to my business.
I applied through a lawyer but I wish I did not. I did and provided everything myself. The only thing he did was writing a cover letter and without showing me submit it. After I saw that. It was full of mistakes!!!

vboxit
Newly Registered

Post by vboxit » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:39 am

zamaha wrote:Thanks. Hopefully everything will be ok for all of us.
Interview was ok. Just a general question that you can find in the forum. How much was your tax? Profit? When do u employ someone? Who are your clients? Source of fund?
Nothing specifically related to my business.
I applied through a lawyer but I wish I did not. I did and provided everything myself. The only thing he did was writing a cover letter and without showing me submit it. After I saw that. It was full of mistakes!!!
Zamaha,
Thanks for showing up at this forum.

I totally agree with you, I regret applying through lawyer, Graduate Entrepreneur to Entrepreneur is a straight forward case with no complications as it is an initial application. Covering letter my lawyer submitted had few mistakes too.

lets just wait and see, please keep us updated

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:01 am

Thanks for your comments.

I didn't submit any covering letter. My lawyer told me this is a very straight forward case, so no need for covering letter. Have you guys created any jobs yet? Do you have any revenues? I have not created jobs yet and no revenue but have spent 20% of my equity. We are a technology company and that's why we don't have any revenue yet as we are building a software.

vboxit
Newly Registered

Post by vboxit » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:20 am

Ali272 wrote:Thanks for your comments.

I didn't submit any covering letter. My lawyer told me this is a very straight forward case, so no need for covering letter. Have you guys created any jobs yet? Do you have any revenues? I have not created jobs yet and no revenue but have spent 20% of my equity. We are a technology company and that's why we don't have any revenue yet as we are building a software.
Same situation, we are technology company and for this visa there was no requirement to create jobs or show any revenue. It is an initial application.

While our time at Graduate Entrepreneur, our job was only to develop the business and there was no expectation from the HO to create jobs and generate revenue. In simple words, we are safe :)

when is your ILR due?

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:52 am

vboxit wrote:
Ali272 wrote:Thanks for your comments.

Same situation, we are technology company and for this visa there was no requirement to create jobs or show any revenue. It is an initial application.

While our time at Graduate Entrepreneur, our job was only to develop the business and there was no expectation from the HO to create jobs and generate revenue. In simple words, we are safe :)

when is your ILR due?
Thank you. Agreed, just wanted to confirm. No need to create jobs or having revenue.
My long residency (ILR) is due in two years and 3 months. How about you? Can you please share your experience regarding the interview? What was the HARDEST question? how long was it? Thank you so much.

vboxit
Newly Registered

Post by vboxit » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:28 am

There is no hard question. They will specifically ask questions from your business plan, make sure you are prepared, rest are just general question. GOOD LUCK!!

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Thank you. Please keep us updated. Good luck.

nepalistudentuk
Newly Registered

Post by nepalistudentuk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am applying for a Entrepreneur visa soon. I am on GE visa and it was 2 years. Wanted to ask if you showed the source of fund (50,000) in your business plan or if you were asked about the source of the investment in your interview. what other difficult questions were asked?

Also, I have already started generating revenues so, can i pay for my staff and myself from that 50000 fund? i am confused about the director salary. I had seen on some forums that directors salary should not be included in the investment. Do you have any knowledge about this?