ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO UKVI has sent documents to the wrong person/address

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

HO UKVI has sent documents to the wrong person/address

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:24 am

Hi all,

I was finally told that that the decision was made on my T1E extension, BUT, then they gave me a ref. tracking number for Royal mail singed for 2nd class, which showed that docs ended up in the different city and were sent to the wrong addressee/ person. I phoned back and was told tht indeed they were sent to the address other than mine, and were signed by some other guy. Now, they dont tell me what was the decision in the end, was it sent to the wrong person by mistake, or whether it was supposed to be so.

What should happen next? they dont tell. Just write a letter to the UKVI. again.

Hoping for the best. any suggestions and help very welcome.

thank you in advance guys.

SR

PS. With my application i have included prepaid tracked envelope with my address on it - how could they talk to this up and not use it even?
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

JamesBlack

Re: HO UKVI has sent documents to the wrong person/address

Post by JamesBlack » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:51 am

That is very unfortunate.
but i m pretty hopeful its a positive result.
its very easy for UKVI to arrange a collection from that address, and send it to you.
keep us updated

buzum18
Newly Registered

Post by buzum18 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi sky rise

I hope everything will be fine.

Can you please share your timeline regarding applications date biometric given date and nhs refund date

Thank you

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:33 pm

ok guys here is the new and exciting twist to the story with HO sending my docs somewhere else.

i called UKVI again this morning and managed to figure out where exactly, as they said, my docs went. so i travelled to this address to meet that person face to face and find out of whether the docs were sent back to HO or still remain at their home and i can simply collect them.

I arrived and to my amazement i found that person, who was very kind, understanding and helpful, letting me in to the house and showing that indeed it was their documents that arrived to their correct address, and not mine!

So what happened is:

1. My case was pending still for further 3 weeks after the part IHS refund was processed
2. Then i was told the case was decided and provided me with tracking number, saying it was for my docs
3. Then i checked royal mail and noted that it got received by another person in another city 250km away from me (yes i spent a lot of time and $$$ travelling back and forth today!)
4. UKVI accepted that my docs went to another address and person
5. I went to that person and they never received my docs, but got theirs (it was their tracking number).
6. So, they assigned their tracking number to my case - but HOW?
7. And they said my case decided and docs posted - where did they go then? Or, they havent gone anywhere and still stuck inside HO?
8. Cheking my own prepaid envelope - it is still not posted.

Make your contribution!

It was for sure fun day.

SR

snapitbik
Nepal

Post by snapitbik » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Quite intresting.. any way don't worry it will be in ur hand.

Dear sky rise please if you could share your document list and timeline so all others can benefit to.

Best regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:22 pm

It only takes a typo on one digit and you may get someone else's tracking # or else they get yours.

You'll be able to laugh about it one day and at least you made a new friend.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:21 pm

sky_rise wrote:ok guys here is the new and exciting twist to the story with HO sending my docs somewhere else.

i called UKVI again this morning and managed to figure out where exactly, as they said, my docs went. so i travelled to this address to meet that person face to face and find out of whether the docs were sent back to HO or still remain at their home and i can simply collect them.

I arrived and to my amazement i found that person, who was very kind, understanding and helpful, letting me in to the house and showing that indeed it was their documents that arrived to their correct address, and not mine!

So what happened is:

1. My case was pending still for further 3 weeks after the part IHS refund was processed
2. Then i was told the case was decided and provided me with tracking number, saying it was for my docs
3. Then i checked royal mail and noted that it got received by another person in another city 250km away from me (yes i spent a lot of time and $$$ travelling back and forth today!)
4. UKVI accepted that my docs went to another address and person
5. I went to that person and they never received my docs, but got theirs (it was their tracking number).
6. So, they assigned their tracking number to my case - but HOW?
7. And they said my case decided and docs posted - where did they go then? Or, they havent gone anywhere and still stuck inside HO?
8. Cheking my own prepaid envelope - it is still not posted.

Make your contribution!

It was for sure fun day.

SR
This is very poor of HO, very bad. I can only sympathize with you for going through all the calls, hassle and travelling 250km. There is no sense in all this. They are just incompetent who have no regards for immigrants and money we are paying for this third class service.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:29 am

hi guys, a quick update on the situation:

i phone back to ukvi and sent them recorded mail, explaining all the situation. This was forwarded to the case working team and i got an email reply from them, stating that the tracking number got assigned to my application by mistake, they still have my docs, they were not posted anywhere, and the case is still not completed. Now, i dont understand whether ot not a decision has been made. Previously i was told that it was made and was provided with the wrong tracking number. Now they say case is not completed (maybe this equals to case pending and not decided.).

So, they said keep waiting :)

SR

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:33 pm

quick update - following 2 official letters and tens of calls to UKVI got a call this morning from the UKVI - letting me know they have not sent my docs, they are still with them and case is not yet completed. So, just waiting :) exactly 4 months today from the date of application. following biometrics enrolment, there were no other letters.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:22 pm

sky_rise wrote:quick update - following 2 official letters and tens of calls to UKVI got a call this morning from the UKVI - letting me know they have not sent my docs, they are still with them and case is not yet completed. So, just waiting :) exactly 4 months today from the date of application. following biometrics enrolment, there were no other letters.
...did they accept that they made a mistake sending you the tracking number etc...as all this their calls and email to you are just a way for them trying not to accept a fault here (cover up)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:35 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
sky_rise wrote:quick update - following 2 official letters and tens of calls to UKVI got a call this morning from the UKVI - letting me know they have not sent my docs, they are still with them and case is not yet completed. So, just waiting :) exactly 4 months today from the date of application. following biometrics enrolment, there were no other letters.
...did they accept that they made a mistake sending you the tracking number etc...as all this their calls and email to you are just a way for them trying not to accept a fault here (cover up)
yes case working team mentioned directly in the email that someone else's tracking N was linked to my application by their mistake internally.

Anna2016

Post by Anna2016 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:57 am

Really ,I can't imagine .