ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am 55, do i have chance to get Entrepreneur Visa?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Entr2016
Newly Registered

I am 55, do i have chance to get Entrepreneur Visa?

Post by Entr2016 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:27 am

Hi my husband and I would like to apply for Entrepreneur Visa with our son-in-law. We both have doctorates and have had long experience in management roles. My son-in-law works in insurance sector and daughter is in Medical Surgeon in India.

I have been visiting UK for many years as my Son is settled there. We would like to Invest in a post-office franchise. A distant family friend owns one in City so, we know it will fulfill all the criterias of employees and investment due to sheer size and Turnover.
My husband plans to work there with son-in law and employees and we would be investing partly with son-in-law.

My question is due to our age, do we have chances to secure this visa?
secondly, as we are family investor team does this impact our application negatively?
lastly, will a rejection impact our future visits to UK?

Any thoughts and suggestions will be very helpful.

zimba
Mood:

Re: I am 55, do i have chance to get Entrepreneur Visa?

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:07 am

My question is due to our age, do we have chances to secure this visa?
I would say no. Your experience will be much more important factor in determining your success.
secondly, as we are family investor team does this impact our application negatively?
It could (unlike other countries like Canada or Australia) The fact that your son is here and you want to apply with your son-in-law (and your daughter) to move here communicates that the whole family kind of wants to live in the UK. The Tier 1E visa is seen as a medium to achieve this and entrepreneurship is not big of a factor.
lastly, will a rejection impact our future visits to UK?
Depends on the reasoning behind the rejection. If you are rejected for making fraudulent claims, previous over staying, criminal activity, etc then YES. Otherwise you should be able to apply for other visas as normal if eligible.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 pm

1. I don't think age is an issue, it would probably be illegal if it was but we cannot control subconcious feeling of HO case workers. But 55 is still young enough to clearly start a business

2. I am confused who are the entrepreneurs, Husband and wife? That is not necessary one can be entrepreneur and other dependent (and actually the dependent has much more freedom to work in almost any job

3. I am confused on professions, you mention doctorates and surgeons. That does not make any sense to me to go open a post office franchise, that signals the main intention is a visa and not entrepreneurship, Find something you are passionate about and related to your expertise(s)

(in my humble opinion only valuable entrepreneurial endeavours should be allowed under the visa type. The UK does not need immigrants for opening post office franchises)

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Entrepreneurs visa is not common business visa
Age has no concern with tier 1 enterprenuer visa.
There is some important factors for initial visa which UkVI looking for such as your
1 investment funds
2 marketing strategy (business plan)
3 applicant experience plus education and geneuinness
4 enterprenuership
5 adverstisment (website,online marketing)
6 registration with companies house and HMRC and benefit to Uk by your business.
Note there is some differences between in country and out county applicant

Regards
IK
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.