ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR as TIER2(by switching TIER1 Enterprenuer)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

ILR as TIER2(by switching TIER1 Enterprenuer)

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Immigration rule says:
The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK, of which
the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a Tier 2 Migrant, in any
combination of the following categories:
(i) as a Member of the Operational Ground Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline,
(ii) as a Minister of Religion, Missionary or Member of a Religious Order,
(iii) as a Qualifying Work Permit Holder,
(iv) as a Representative of an Overseas Business,
(v) as a Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting
Organisation,
(vi) as a Tier 1 Migrant, other than a Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Migrant,
(vii) as a Highly Skilled Migrant,
(viii) as an innovator,
(ix) as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant or a Tier 2
(Sportsperson) Migrant, or
(x) as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, provided the continuous period of 5
years spent lawfully in the UK includes a period of leave as:
(1) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant granted under the Rules in place before
6 April 2010, or
(2) a Qualifying Work Permit Holder, provided that the work permit was granted
because the applicant was the subject of an Intra-Company Transfer.
(d) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last
grant of leave must:
(i) still hold, or have applied for a renewal of, a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant
category; and
(ii) certify in writing that:
(1) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question,

Does that mean someone switched from Tier1 Enter to TIER 2 can apply for ILR: As it clearly indicates the combination of Tier1 except(PSW)
UPDATED IN November 2014

niceguy200458
Newly Registered

Re: ILR as TIER2(by switching TIER1 Enterprenuer)

Post by niceguy200458 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

It seems so from your post but when I last checked a few months ago, combining different tiers for 5 year ILR wasn't allowed

Also keep in mind that if you are switching to Tier 2, you must earn at least £35K for 12 months before your ILR application as per the below document

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ndix_I.pdf

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:45 pm

1-Sir these are update rules and applicable from November 2014 so it is clearly allowed at the moment(Do not know if they exclude Tier1 Entrepreneur like PSW in future God forbidden) but Yes it is ok now(35,000 for 12 months or 24 months is not a big issue/another issue)

2-However point to be noted is rules for ILR for Tier1 Entrepreneur still does not allow combination of Tier 2 General first and then Tier1 Entrepreneur to complete 5 years that what I understood.(say for example any Tier 2 general after 2 or 3 years changes to Tier1 E)

3-a little clarification,say for example one applies before Tie1 E expire(28 days before) he gets rejected do they still allow 28 days to shift category or review? even his leave expires during the application processing time?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

hee
Newly Registered

Post by hee » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks for reply.

Bit more clarification needed for 5 years stay with more recent stay on tier 2 (switched from tier 1 entrepreneur visa) :

1) Regarding more recent two years stay - I understand that while we are in tier 2 general, should meet salary requirement to apply for ILR.

2) Regarding, earlier three years stay in tier 1 entrepreneur visa, do we need to invest the funds (200K example ) in initial three years into the business and meet two employment requirement to get the ILR.

Please reply urgently.

Here is the most recent ILR application form which we can use with no clarity raising eye brows on my above said two queries.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-15.pdf

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 pm

I have no idea if that

hee
Newly Registered

Post by hee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 am

Any else know please reply.