ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investing prior to receiving visa//large investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seasky
BANNED

Investing prior to receiving visa//large investment

Post by seasky » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:34 pm

I have two related questions.

Can you make an investment and/or join as a director prior to applying and receiving your T1E visa? If you can do you still have to make a £200K investment after the visa has been issued? (related to joining existing business)

If you offer evidence of access to/intent to invest a much larger amount than £200K (e.g. £1m) does that help your chances of receiving the visa? Or would that be considered a backdoor of being a T1 investor?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Investing prior to receiving visa//large investment

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Can you make an investment and/or join as a director prior to applying and receiving your T1E visa? If you can do you still have to make a £200K investment after the visa has been issued? (related to joining existing business)
Any investment made within 12 months of applying for Tier 1E is acceptable and you will get the points for investment during your the initial grant and so no need to prove your investment during your extension or ILR. However If it was done more than 12 months before you apply for your Tier 1E visa, you need fresh investment
If you offer evidence of access to/intent to invest a much larger amount than £200K (e.g. £1m) does that help your chances of receiving the visa? Or would that be considered a backdoor of being a T1 investor?
This depends on your business plan and situation. I am inclined to say that a good business plan + more funds could potentially make it easier for an applicant to get Tier 1E visa.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Re: Investing prior to receiving visa//large investment

Post by seasky » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Thanks Zimba for sharing the knowledge