ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is always IHS refund before decision ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yyzim2008

Is always IHS refund before decision ?

Post by yyzim2008 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi

Just wondered whether all application will get IHS refund first and then get decision or there is no such a order.

My timeline
Applied 4th June
Bio 11th June
Interviewed: 23rd August
Nothing since then

Casa

Re: Is always IHS refund before decision ?

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Why would the NHS surcharge be refunded before a decision? They would have to ask the applicant to pay again if the visa is granted! :idea:

If the application is refused the surcharge payment is refunded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:37 am

There is no order and getting a refund means nothing. You get the refund after or before the decision being made.
Casa wrote:Why would the NHS surcharge be refunded before a decision? They would have to ask the applicant to pay again if the visa is granted! :idea:

Context: This refund refers to the £200 extra that the IHS charges. Unfortunately IHS website charges everyone as if they are applying for initial Tier 1E visa which ends up being £600 (3 years x£200) So anyone who applies for extension should get a refund of £200 as the visa is granted for only two years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:56 am

zimba88 wrote:There is no order and getting a refund means nothing. You get the refund after or before the decision being made.
Casa wrote:Why would the NHS surcharge be refunded before a decision? They would have to ask the applicant to pay again if the visa is granted! :idea:

Context: This refund refers to the £200 extra that the IHS charges. Unfortunately IHS website charges everyone as if they are applying for initial Tier 1E visa which ends up being £600 (3 years x£200) So anyone who applies for extension should get a refund of £200 as the visa is granted for only two years
Ah. That explains what the OP was referring to.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:09 am

Casa wrote:
zimba88 wrote:There is no order and getting a refund means nothing. You get the refund after or before the decision being made.

Ah. That explains what the OP was referring to.
My glass ball is also not working this week :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Exactly no pattern to it.
But I received partial refund 2 weeks before I receive approval letter.. so bit of conundrum in my case