ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation between two businesses

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

Job Creation between two businesses

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:07 am

Entrepreneur guidance Nov.2016
Job creation
158. If you have established new businesses, those businesses must have, between them, created the equivalent of 2 extra full-time paid jobs for at least 2 people who are settled in the UK and those jobs must have existed for at least 12 months each.

The question is:
If you have two UK businesses:

Company (A) and one full-time employee works in it for 12 months in Engineering department. &
Company (B) and one full-time employee works in it for 12 months in Marketing department.

Is it ok to claim points for job creation?

awan905
Member of Standing

Re: Job Creation between two businesses

Post by awan905 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:37 am

As a businessman you can even do 10 different businesses (as a director) and if you create jobs in all of them, you can claim points.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:45 pm

zimba88 wrote:Just asked in another thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1430836
Dear Zimba88,
I asked about that because I read in the guidance 11/2016 in page 45:
in the table
D. You have :established a new business or businesses that has/have created the equivalent of at least 2 new full time jobs for persons settled in the UK.

They did not say:

You have :established a new business or businesses that has/have created at least 2 new full time jobs for persons settled in the UK.
The word (equivalent) made me ask that question,

Please clarify.
Thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 am

This should be straightforward. The word equivalent is used cause you could potentially create all 24 months of employment in one position with one person or multiple posts and people over multiple businesses, so in both cases this IS equivalent of two full time jobs (24 months of full time employment).
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice