ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meet up Group for Visa Holders

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NAR

Meet up Group for Visa Holders

Post by NAR » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:47 pm

First Meeting done today. The group is for T1 (Ent) VISA HOLDERS ONLY!! a Proof maybe required later on, especially when we set up the meeting with one UKBA policy maker/advisor currently under preparation.

Once approved, look at the First Meeting update just published on the group page. This is Free site, no solicitation, no business offering or service allowed, only for Visa holders and any member who trying to sell other members any service will be removed even if they are themselves visa holders. No advertising of your own or anyone else's business allowed either.

http://www.meetup.com/The-UK-Tier-1-Entrepreneur-Group/

attahaas
India

Re: Meet up Group for Visa Holders

Post by attahaas » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:32 am

NAR wrote:First Meeting done today. The group is for T1 (Ent) VISA HOLDERS ONLY!! a Proof maybe required later on, especially when we set up the meeting with one UKBA policy maker/advisor currently under preparation.

Once approved, look at the First Meeting update just published on the group page. This is Free site, no solicitation, no business offering or service allowed, only for Visa holders and any member who trying to sell other members any service will be removed even if they are themselves visa holders. No advertising of your own or anyone else's business allowed either.

Kudos to you! A great initiative.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

NAR

Post by NAR » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:20 am

Thank you Krishna. Hope you decide to join once you get to the UK on your T1 Visa.
attahaas wrote:
NAR wrote:First Meeting done today. The group is for T1 (Ent) VISA HOLDERS ONLY!! a Proof maybe required later on, especially when we set up the meeting with one UKBA policy maker/advisor currently under preparation.

Kudos to you! A great initiative.

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:02 pm

NAR wrote:Thank you Krishna. Hope you decide to join once you get to the UK on your T1 Visa.
I certainly will Nidal. :)
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

tier1enterpreneur

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 pm

hey nidal
when is the next meet up
i never read about the first meeting.
I would love to join.
Could you highlight what was the first meet up like.
Please let me know how do I join.
Thanks
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

NAR

Post by NAR » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi,

I have posted a long (too long actually, over 1000 words) update on the group page right after the first meeting discussing what is the plan for Meetup 2 & 3. We got "almost" confirmation that I can invite one of the policy makers/advisors working at UKBA to come and answer some of the 'unclear' questions we have. You can join by clicking on the link above and click on Join us.

Again, i am kindly asking everyone that only visa holders please to join (not those in the process of becoming visa holders) and not service providers who want to sell services to visa holders. A proof copy maybe required later on to be invited to attend, especially for the UKBA gathering.

This is a wish by most members, with all respect to new visa applicants and service providers, only questions related to visa holders will be entertained and not what documents to prepare and other questions that is best asked somewhere else.

For service providers, i left a message at the group page asking them to just email me their details and i will put them in a service provider list. We will also invite these providers to attend certain meetings where they can offer their service to all the group meeting and answer questions from members. Such as one meeting for company accounts and law, another day meeting with Tax/Financial advisors, another with corporate lawyer and contracting and so on. These providers will have a chance to answer questions and leave their cards for future one on one with any member who wishes to take their service.

Regarding the next meeting, its probably going to be in three weeks or so. I am going to prepare a questionnaire to send to all members to get their preferences on locations, dates, time, and so on. The first meeting was done on a Saturday, few meters next to an underground station that also meets Tram station & Rail station so most can come regardless where they are. We got two members cancelled at the last minute (basically just the same day of the meeting) because they thought the commute will take an hour on the weekend using underground. Some members suggested weekday after working hours (like 6 PM or 7 PM). We also may do that with dinner type meeting where we choose the location to be a restaurant that offer a buffet type dinner and we can meet up there after work hours for couple of hours discussion and dinner. All the options are there and i just need to get feedback from members when i send out the questionnaire.

So once few more members join, i will prepare and send out the questionnaire then i will use the answers to come up with a location and time that can make sure most members can come to the 2nd Meetup. I know not ALL members will always be able to make it but similar to the first meeting, a two weeks advance notice was given so people can adjust their timing and schedule.
tier1enterpreneur wrote:hey nidal
when is the next meet up
i never read about the first meeting.
I would love to join.
Could you highlight what was the first meet up like.
Please let me know how do I join.
Thanks

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:54 am

That is a great idea - joining in! Please keep us posted here and there.
SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi nidal,

Also sent a PM, good job, we MUST take your effort forward for the t1 ents in UK to co ordinate.

Best