ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My interview called up ... Need help please help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samu0099
Newly Registered

My interview called up ... Need help please help

Post by samu0099 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello, my timeline:

Tier 1-- 200k route

Application submitted at vac Lahore: 01/03/2016

refused on 22/03/2016

admin reviewed submitted 10/04/2016

refused on 5/05/2016

send PAP on 10/05/2016

refused pap 24/05/2016

send the judicial review 10/06/2016

and they ask to withdraw the judicial review 26/07/2016 and we withdraw the judicial review.
the court seals the order on 04/10/2016 and we expect the reply by 04/01/2017.

Today i received the email from Sheffield they are inviting me for the interview at Lahore vac in a week time.

Now i need advise from all of the respected members please guide me what are the possible questions the can ask me in the interview and and normally how long the interview can be?
anyone who experience the interview plz share ur experience. its been 9 months i am waiting and now they have send this. struck my life badly.
need your valuable advice.
many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: MY INTERVIEW CALLED UP ... NEED HELP PLEASE HELP

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

noajthan

Re: MY INTERVIEW CALLED UP ... NEED HELP PLEASE HELP

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:41 pm

This is what entrepreneurs are expected to do - promote their business as thought leader and ambassador of their enterprise.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Re: My interview called up ... Need help please help

Post by samu0099 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks zimba for ur reply i tried to lookup few threads here but cant manage to find anything appropriate. I have invested in a running business and i m the 2nd director of the business. I know almost everything about the business, just curious wht they will ask in an interview and i have seen ECO comments saying he is just not satisfied with the answer and he think that you are not a geniune entrepreneur, these things made confused. . As they refused my visa for a very stupid reason and after fighting with them for 9 months this is the conclusion they invite me for an interview, and if they put any stupid reason again, i dont know what to do next. And secondly i cant find the search tab on this forum plz help me on this issue as well. Many thanks in advance.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:11 pm

Hello zimba, need advice on one more thing as u r an experienced and old member on this forum, had anyone have a sucessful interview or did something similar come to ur attention like firstly the visa got refused and then they invite u for an interview. These minor things not allowing me to concentrate towards the preparation of my interview.
Many thanks in advance. Seriously ur valuable comments means alot to me.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm

There is no magic bullet for an interview and you are not entitled to a visa. If you are UNABLE to convince them you are a genuine business person, there is magic word that is going to make them change their minds. Interview is NOT like a test where you can prepare for it.
The link I gave you above, covers majority of general Tier 1E interview questions (specific questions regarding your business plan can only be answered by you and it is up to you to defend your claims)
They invited you back because the prefer not to go though with JR as it is an expensive legal route. They want to make sure they have not missed a thing.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:40 pm

samu0099 wrote:Hello, my timeline:

Tier 1-- 200k route

Application submitted at vac Lahore: 01/03/2016

refused on 22/03/2016

admin reviewed submitted 10/04/2016

refused on 5/05/2016

send PAP on 10/05/2016

refused pap 24/05/2016

send the judicial review 10/06/2016

and they ask to withdraw the judicial review 26/07/2016 and we withdraw the judicial review.
the court seals the order on 04/10/2016 and we expect the reply by 04/01/2017.

Today i received the email from Sheffield they are inviting me for the interview at Lahore vac in a week time.

Now i need advise from all of the respected members please guide me what are the possible questions the can ask me in the interview and and normally how long the interview can be?
anyone who experience the interview plz share ur experience. its been 9 months i am waiting and now they have send this. struck my life badly.
need your valuable advice.
many thanks in advance.
samu0099, it seems we are in the same situation. We have a similar timeline and I recently got their request to withdraw JR.

- why is there a long delay between their request to withdraw JR (26/07/2016) & the date of court sealing of order (04/10/2016)?
- did you accept their Consent Order as it is or requested some changes?

I believe it is a good chance for you to inform them more about your proposed business + the generic list of questions as posted by @zimba88 should help.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 am

Actually i m in pakistan and my solistor is in london. I have no clue why it took so long for court to seal the order and in terms of changes i dont think we have done any changes in the consent order we acccept it straight away except the solistor himself include the cost in it, which he never informed me and never provide those documents to me.
Would u like to share ur timeline and why ur application was refused. Mine was beacuse of the third party documents, they were in the file but they claim they dis not receive it.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:09 pm

T1E 200k Entry Clearance

applied from - Karachi, Pakistan.
application submitted - 24/05/2016
application refusal - 22/07/2016
AR submitted - 13/08/2016
AR refusal - 31/08/2016
PAP submitted - 28/09/2016
PAR refusal - 12/10/2016
JR submitted - 21/10/2016
JR withdrawal request - 01/12/2016

I am also based in Pakistan and working with a UK based solicitor but I believe you should know all the details about your case and why there are any delays and should have an access on what's been submitted on your behalf.

The application was refused mainly on irrational grounds on some information that was clearly mentioned in the Business Plan which HO overlooked.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Finally done with the interview, now hoping for the results to come up. It was very simple and straightforward. It was the same questions which are asked to other people prepared question and nothing specific to my business plan random questions which can fit to anyone. Just prepare ur business plan in detail and u must know everything, why and how?
Anyone have any idea how long will it take to reply back. Interview last for almost 80-90 mins.
Many thanks.

What about u snt? Any reply.does the court seal the order.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:58 am

good luck and keep us posted.

we just sealed the order on 21/December and now waiting for 3 months to be over :)

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:04 pm

samu0099 wrote:Finally done with the interview, now hoping for the results to come up. It was very simple and straightforward. It was the same questions which are asked to other people prepared question and nothing specific to my business plan random questions which can fit to anyone. Just prepare ur business plan in detail and u must know everything, why and how?
Anyone have any idea how long will it take to reply back. Interview last for almost 80-90 mins.
Many thanks.

What about u snt? Any reply.does the court seal the order.
any update?

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:01 pm

ALHUMDDULLILAH got the confirmation email that they are issuing me the visa. seriously it is just a matter of wait and patience. they replied nearly after 6-7 weeks of interview. and every day was a day of hope but finally on 25th jan got the email that they have overturned the decision and ready to issue the visa, now i have submitted the passport and paid the ihs fee, waiting for passport to come back. GOOD LUCK to you, if ur interview turn up i can only suggest u please look this forum carefully there are plenty of interview questions available and just fit it to ur B.Plan, they have a set pattern and similar questions are asked to everyone.
u tell any update and best of luck for ur visa.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:00 am

samu0099 wrote:ALHUMDDULLILAH got the confirmation email that they are issuing me the visa. seriously it is just a matter of wait and patience. they replied nearly after 6-7 weeks of interview. and every day was a day of hope but finally on 25th jan got the email that they have overturned the decision and ready to issue the visa, now i have submitted the passport and paid the ihs fee, waiting for passport to come back. GOOD LUCK to you, if ur interview turn up i can only suggest u please look this forum carefully there are plenty of interview questions available and just fit it to ur B.Plan, they have a set pattern and similar questions are asked to everyone.
that indeed is a very good news. congratulations!

I suppose it will be another 60 days more or less for me from here before I hear anything. let's see and keep you posted.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:09 pm

samu0099 wrote:ALHUMDDULLILAH got the confirmation email that they are issuing me the visa. seriously it is just a matter of wait and patience. they replied nearly after 6-7 weeks of interview. and every day was a day of hope but finally on 25th jan got the email that they have overturned the decision and ready to issue the visa, now i have submitted the passport and paid the ihs fee, waiting for passport to come back. GOOD LUCK to you, if ur interview turn up i can only suggest u please look this forum carefully there are plenty of interview questions available and just fit it to ur B.Plan, they have a set pattern and similar questions are asked to everyone.

Congratulations friend...great news in deed.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 pm

snt wrote:
that indeed is a very good news. congratulations!

I suppose it will be another 60 days more or less for me from here before I hear anything. let's see and keep you posted.
I got the mail today confirming they have overturned the initial decision to refuse my visa and have asked me to pay IHS and submit the passport. so finally some good news!!

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Congratulations, snt.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 pm

That is really a good news. Seriously i believe u r lucky, u got it in almost 7 months and for me it took nearly 11 months. Anyways many congrats dude and wish u very good luck. Do tell me when u receive ur passport back. I submit it staright on 26 jan still waiting for collection call. Do tell me when u submit ur one and once u received.
Take care.

samu0099
Newly Registered

Post by samu0099 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Dear zimba, or experienced members.
2 questions need to ask.
Firstly normally how long they take to return the passport.
2ndly can i withdraw the funds from account for my personal use.
I am just worried about that. They have overturned the decision and they are ready to issue the visa but havnt got the passport back yet.
Many thanks.

Misbah Amin
Newly Registered

Post by Misbah Amin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:25 am

samu0099 wrote:Thanks zimba for ur reply i tried to lookup few threads here but cant manage to find anything appropriate. I have invested in a running business and i m the 2nd director of the business. I know almost everything about the business, just curious wht they will ask in an interview and i have seen ECO comments saying he is just not satisfied with the answer and he think that you are not a geniune entrepreneur, these things made confused. . As they refused my visa for a very stupid reason and after fighting with them for 9 months this is the conclusion they invite me for an interview, and if they put any stupid reason again, i dont know what to do next. And secondly i cant find the search tab on this forum plz help me on this issue as well. Many thanks in advance.

Did they awarded you required points needed for the visa ?? Btw I am stuck in the same situation.

Usually they ask general questions regarding your business plan your current business turnover, number of employees etc etc.

Misbah Amin
Newly Registered

Post by Misbah Amin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:33 am

samu0099 wrote:Dear zimba, or experienced members.
2 questions need to ask.
I am just worried about that. They have overturned the decision and they are ready to issue the visa but havnt got the passport back yet.
Many thanks.
Once your application is submitted and you are interviewed there is nothing to worry about funds afterwards.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:01 pm

samu0099 wrote:That is really a good news. Seriously i believe u r lucky, u got it in almost 7 months and for me it took nearly 11 months. Anyways many congrats dude and wish u very good luck. Do tell me when u receive ur passport back. I submit it staright on 26 jan still waiting for collection call. Do tell me when u submit ur one and once u received.
Take care.
sure. I would keep you posted.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Misbah Amin wrote:
samu0099 wrote:Dear zimba, or experienced members.
2 questions need to ask.
Many thanks.
Once your application is submitted and you are interviewed there is nothing to worry about funds afterwards.
I have read at many instances on this forum where people were asked at the airport to prove that they were still in possession of the funds that they showed at the time of application.

better seek guidance from experienced members.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 pm

samu0099 wrote:That is really a good news. Seriously i believe u r lucky, u got it in almost 7 months and for me it took nearly 11 months. Anyways many congrats dude and wish u very good luck. Do tell me when u receive ur passport back. I submit it staright on 26 jan still waiting for collection call. Do tell me when u submit ur one and once u received.
Take care.
have you got your passport back?

manjunathhr
Newly Registered

Post by manjunathhr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi snt,

have you got ILR ?