ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New business/structure/working

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deltamin
Newly Registered

New business/structure/working

Post by deltamin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 am

Hi all,

This is a theoretical question. I know you are allowed to work only within the business you set up on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, but what does this exactly mean in the context of corporate structures? Suppose that I create a holding company that owns 100% subsidiaries that might be in different businesses, would I be allowed only to work for the holding company? Or would I be allowed to work within the legal wholly owned subsidiaries as well?

zimba
Mood:

Re: New business/structure/working

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:48 am

You should be a director of an entity to work there. So if you become director of any of those entities, you can work there.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

deltamin
Newly Registered

Post by deltamin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:29 am

zimba88 wrote:You should be a director of an entity to work there. So if you become director of any of those entities, you can work there.
As I understood it, you are only allowed to be director of the company you set up, which I assume will just be one company, in this case the holding company. When you work for the subsidiaries and become a director of those subsidiary companies, would you not be in breach of the visa rules?

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:57 am

deltamin wrote:
zimba88 wrote:You should be a director of an entity to work there. So if you become director of any of those entities, you can work there.
As I understood it, you are only allowed to be director of the company you set up, which I assume will just be one company, in this case the holding company. When you work for the subsidiaries and become a director of those subsidiary companies, would you not be in breach of the visa rules?
You can be a director for as many company.

And, if a company is a subset of another, your directorship covers it. (My thoughts)