ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newbie here, a few questions. Help appreciated

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

richardandrews123
Newly Registered

Newbie here, a few questions. Help appreciated

Post by richardandrews123 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:50 am

Dear All,

I came to UK about 2.5 years back on TIER 2 ICT with a good job in hand and with my family.
Unfortunately, I may soon be made redundant and i have about 30K something with me.

Last year, my wife started a Ltd company here in UK and she was selling stuff online. Its already a profitable business, revenue is not much much but in 15-20K per annum range.

We have business accounts, statements etc.

With this situation i have following questions in mind...

1) Can I put my own money in the business account and become a co-director and apply as T1 Ent?
2) Will 50k Route be open to me? Or it must be 200K?
3) I only have till end of this year on my current Visa. Will that be sufficient time to get this sorted?
4) Can any one recommend a good consultant who can help me guide through this? There are many ads on internet but any recommendations or pointers will be great for me to get the right help.
5) Police verification certificate : Would I still need to procure this even If I stayed in UK already for 2.5 years. Can I just get it from UK authorities and not Indian authorities?
6) Can i take a personal loan to cover for balance in the business account?

Any guidance is Greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
AK

geriatrix

Re: Newbie here, a few questions. Help appreciated

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:04 am

200K.
To begin with, read the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

richardandrews123
Newly Registered

Post by richardandrews123 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 am

Thank You very much.

I got approached by someone (not known to me), offering to provide me a full service including funding letter for 200K. They say they will charge 15k for the service. Of course, I am suspicious even though I want to believe them. Overall I do not mind spending 15k something if there is high likelyhood. I am looking to hear some ideas around this option and figure out if there is a possibility of any problems with using somebody's money whom I do not know at all?

Many Thanks

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:56 am

richardandrews123 wrote:I got approached by someone (not known to me), offering to provide me a full service including funding letter for 200K. They say they will charge 15k for the service. Of course, I am suspicious even though I want to believe them. Overall I do not mind spending 15k something if there is high likelyhood. I am looking to hear some ideas around this option and figure out if there is a possibility of any problems with using somebody's money whom I do not know at all?
BEWARE, there are a lot of people in the market who offer these golden packages. I have met some myself. I have seen many people being dumped by these kind of people. Don't waste your money on these kind of people. Instead find a genuine and legal way.

This is just an advice. Rest you know better.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

richardandrews123
Newly Registered

Post by richardandrews123 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks a lot.
I had similar thoughts. The 200K for a genuine entrepreneur is a big problem though. It is what it is. :|

Thanks again