ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ONE PARTNER LEAVING BEFORE JR PROCESS

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

owkwemer
Newly Registered

ONE PARTNER LEAVING BEFORE JR PROCESS

Post by owkwemer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi All,
I'm currently in the process of starting a JR and my biz partner has to leave the country due to personal circumstances. Anyone has an idea if JR can hold as this was initially a joint application from the start. Also, if at the end of the lengthy process I win the JR, would he still be granted the Tier 1 visa as he is planning to come back via student route in sept 2014 (ie he might be back in the UK again by the time JR is finalsed).

Cheers

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: ONE PARTNER LEAVING BEFORE JR PROCESS

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 am

@ owkwemer, your JR cases should be separate and the likely outcome might be that you will get your own visa if you win your JR. Your partner leaving the UK will not affect your own case because if you eventually get the visa, you will have to proof your own full and separate investment funds and job creation in order to get extension.

I have heard of cases where JR cases are not withdrawn after the applicant get new visa, but appeal have to be withdrawn before new application or appeal closes if applicant leave the UK. In the case of your partner, he should consult a professional lawyer to get a clearer picture of his options and likely outcome if he decide to leave the UK.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.