ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points based system Tier 1 (entrepreneur) guidance 8April14

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sindhoo

Points based system Tier 1 (entrepreneur) guidance 8April14

Post by sindhoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Guys,
I have just seen this on HO website and thought it might be useful to someone as it tells you different processes and steps to verify application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

entrepreneur123

Re: Points based system Tier 1 (entrepreneur) guidance 8Apri

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:53 am

it will be quite helpful for new applicants

sindhoo wrote:Hi Guys,
I have just seen this on HO website and thought it might be useful to someone as it tells you different processes and steps to verify application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Sindhoo,

This is really useful. Thank you for this contribution.

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:16 pm

You are welcome I will suggest everyone who is going for initial application or extension or wants to know how they will deal with your application . download and save it as I have feeling it might get deleted as it gives some of the HO insight processes information.

Momi

Post by Momi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:04 pm

After reading new policy guidance, it seems like tier 1 entrepreneur is a joke. It's no more point base. They have given more power to case worker and they now they can refuse any applicant with more stupid reasons.

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:52 pm

It was like this before as well but now they can backup them self. Good luck to us !!!

Momi

Post by Momi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 pm

These new guidance gonna effect them applicants who have applied before 8th April or not?
I applied on 4th April. :(

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 am

By reading from the forums they had already given stupid excuses to refuse applicants. It really depends on the caseworker who is working on your application , how he/she will make decision.

Momi

Post by Momi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 pm

How can I withdraw my application? If I won't give biometric then they will consider it as invalid and will they refund application fee or not? I have seen some new cases. My friend is refused due to not submitting bank statement, whereas he has submitted and he has mentioned it on application form. I'm really badly confused and I want to avail other options rather this stupid option.
I submitted my application on 4th April and got biometric letter day before yesterday. So today is the 1st working day.
Please advise.

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Not sure , need experts advice on this ...

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 pm

if your case will be decided in April and if your leave start date is after 06/04/14 it will apply on you job creation at least.

jibson
Newly Registered

I need help on how to apply for Tier 1 (entrepreneur) 8April

Post by jibson » Mon May 26, 2014 9:56 am

Hi folks my name is Bola with 3 dependants, I need help my PSW runs out mid july 2014 and and I want to apply for the Tier1 (entrepreneur) 50K route, say mid june 2014. I got 50k equivalent(14million naira) from A Nigerian bank from Third party(statement of 16million naira), with a letter from the bank and letter from the third party as well and public notary.
I have my maintenace fees covering 90days.
I have already established an IT company since march 2013 but not trading though I have been paying my Class c NI till date.
Right now I am currently doing a volunteering job as an IT support Technician with Greeniwich and Bexley Community Hospice..
Please can anyone help me on how to go about it particularly how to show that my business is active.
Also ,for your information. I already have a business plan for a year and I have advertised my business in a local newspaper as well as a business plan. I help friends and family to resolve their Computer issues.
Pls I need help as Intend to apply in two weeks time.
Thanks Bols

samaygrg

Re: I need help on how to apply for Tier 1 (entrepreneur) 8A

Post by samaygrg » Mon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm

jibson wrote:Hi folks my name is Bola with 3 dependants, I need help my PSW runs out mid july 2014 and and I want to apply for the Tier1 (entrepreneur) 50K route, say mid june 2014. I got 50k equivalent(14million naira) from A Nigerian bank from Third party(statement of 16million naira), with a letter from the bank and letter from the third party as well and public notary.
I have my maintenace fees covering 90days.
I have already established an IT company since march 2013 but not trading though I have been paying my Class c NI till date.
Right now I am currently doing a volunteering job as an IT support Technician with Greeniwich and Bexley Community Hospice..
Please can anyone help me on how to go about it particularly how to show that my business is active.
Also ,for your information. I already have a business plan for a year and I have advertised my business in a local newspaper as well as a business plan. I help friends and family to resolve their Computer issues.
Pls I need help as Intend to apply in two weeks time.
Thanks Bols
I hope u here 'established' meant 'registered and up-and-running'!!! if thats the case; to show you are actively engaged and ur company already have embarked on this journey, you can shown proofs of trading activities such as;
- adverts ( that you said you have)
-any agreement/contract that you have tied up with ur clients (with Hospice, get it, eventhough its volunteer, you can get some letter, certificate etc.)
-Business plan where you showing ur future plans and forecasts driven with market research
-Invoices, receipts of expenses and income
- Most importantly; CAR, company house report and HMRC letters, that proves ur active.

jibson
Newly Registered

Post by jibson » Mon May 26, 2014 2:10 pm

@Samagray, thanks alot for your advice ,I meant "registered" with HMRC correspondence. Thanks am really grateful.

Ozzi
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzi » Mon May 26, 2014 8:42 pm

jibson wrote:@Samagray, thanks alot for your advice ,I meant "registered" with HMRC correspondence. Thanks am really grateful.
Really quick question if i got maintenance in same account as i got my 50k like i got 52k atm is that ok?

jibson
Newly Registered

Post by jibson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi all,
I am set to submit my application ,need ur advice urgently, d name of my business Ekoncepts technologies limited, I am a director under company house , also I registered as self employed n av been paying class2 NI, and the coy is active under d company house.
Now according to d tier 1 entrp, u must either b a director or register as self employ,,pls which one should I stick too.?
And also can I use emails I get from IT recruitment agencies as on jobs as part of contracts with clients

jibson
Newly Registered

Post by jibson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi all,
I am set to submit my application ,need ur advice urgently, d name of my business Ekoncepts technologies limited, I am a director under company house , also I registered as self employed n av been paying class2 NI, and the coy is active under d company house.
Now according to d tier 1 entrp, u must either b a director or register as self employ,,pls which one should I stick too.?
And also can I use emails I get from IT recruitment agencies as on jobs as part of contracts with clients

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:19 pm

jibson wrote:Hi all,

Director sounds nice and indicates substance.

tbutt5050
Newly Registered

Post by tbutt5050 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 pm

@ Sindhoo

Hi. did you find out answer about Running Finance Facility. If so please let me know the answer. Many thanks

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 pm

FYI this is called the 'modernised guidance'. It used to be linked on the.gov website but for some reason it is sort of hidden away now. It is the guidance that caseworkers are supposed to work to, hence the deletions for internal parts which are not available to the public.

They have these for the majority of visa types, so it's worth searching for 'modernised guidance' on google and you'll find it. Sometimes it has extra information or phrases not specifically stated elsewhere. Going throught the .gov website, you won't find it!

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-operatio ... d-guidance

jibson
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (E) I need help pls-UTT permission

Post by jibson » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:49 am

Hi ,

My name is Jibson, I applied for the T1(E) , on 11th June 2014 and gor refused on I was

Hi all, I applied with my 3 dependants for d tier 1 entrepreneur visa- 50k route on d 11th of June and got refused on 28th of June and that I have no right to appeal but later involved my letter wrote a Pre-action protocol letter to the HO and pointed out some of the mistakes the HO made regarding my maintenance fees.
The HO reponded and gave us a reconsideration to appeal but still refuses the application based on the ground that I did not submit 1. Companies House report that will show my name , company name address and my name as director.and 2. Letter from legal representatives attesti ng to the party funding because I used 3rd party funding for the 50k,which was in my 3ird party acct in Nigeria.

In reality I submitted document from CompaniesHouse web filing website which shows the company name, address and my name as director but not in the right format as the does not show companies house logo.
If I print the Screenshot of the document it will come out wit the logo but if only the printout is done,it will not have the logo as in my case.
2. I submitted affidavits signed by my third party for signature authenticity from Lagos State ministry of Justice and witnessned by Commissioner of Oaths as legal representative document.

The FTT was heard on 1oth Dec 2014 , and the result came on the 7th january 2015 , as being Dismissed that I 1. The judge did not believe that the document was from companies House, that though he lacked the expertises to identify documents from companies house but my submission of current Company house report for my company in my appeal bundle was different from the document submitted earlier.(because I included the new companies house appointment report in d appeal bundle in case they want to see if my coy has it)
2. That the affidavits I submitted was not a legal document required to be submitted., so he dismissed the case.

Now we have 14 days to challenge and seek permission to the UTT, which I will be doing to buy time.
Can you advice on what to do as I now think I shoud be preparing to re apply while the appeal still go on to buy time .
Now I just put the required maintenance fees to my acct on the 14th this january and I am thinking and praying that the appeal process stretch through 3 months.
Also, I want your help as I saw someting on the guidlines that the money to be invested must be in UK if you are applying from inside the UK , as my 3rd party is in Nigeria.
can you advice on what to do please.
thanks

Jibson