ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional Jobs On Contract

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

K-Desilva
Newly Registered

Professional Jobs On Contract

Post by K-Desilva » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

I landed in UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and its almost two months in UK. I am still looking to start the business but have got the Limited Company.

I have one cousin who is a doctor and does the LOCUM jobs. In locum jobs the hospital hires the doctor for short period of time to fill temporary positions, now i was wondering whether i can hire my cousin on my company and he gets the job in hospitals thorough my company i.e the company gets salary from hospital and pays salary to the doctor. I will pay him the salary and at year end i will draw the dividends and also pay him because he is doing the job so he should get all the money but in this way i can show that my company is operating.

I think this is allowed according to the Visa requirements but i will like to know from the learned and experienced members of this forum to give their comments on the above situation.

Thank you.

K-Desilva
Newly Registered

Re: Professional Jobs On Contract

Post by K-Desilva » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 pm

That's 100 Views. Any body ! who will like to share their views

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:19 pm

I guess you could do that as long as your cousin is a "Settled worker" and your company is authorised/licensed to employ doctors.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

K-Desilva
Newly Registered

Post by K-Desilva » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:22 pm

attahaas wrote:I guess you could do that as long as your cousin is a "Settled worker" and your company is authorised/licensed to employ doctors.
Thanks attahaas, if i am not wrong then a person on HSMP in a settled worker?

Yes i am looking in to the license and other legalities too.

Thank you

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:11 pm

K-Desilva wrote:
attahaas wrote:I guess you could do that as long as your cousin is a "Settled worker" and your company is authorised/licensed to employ doctors.
if i am not wrong then a person on HSMP in a settled worker?
Someone with time limited leave is not settled.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:09 am

Hsmp visa is not settled person ........ Settle person mean someone who got got british or european passport or indefinate leave t remain in uk.

My suggestion concentrate on ur business and play safe as it might put u in trouble in extension.

Regards
K-Desilva wrote:

Thank you
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

K-Desilva
Newly Registered

Post by K-Desilva » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:45 pm

But i can employee any one with right to work in UK for my company whether on HSMP or on other visa. That employment will not count towards the extension requirement but he can still work for my company and i can start trading .
What you say?

rehan01 wrote:Hsmp visa is not settled person ........ Settle person mean someone who got got british or european passport or indefinate leave t remain in uk.

My suggestion concentrate on ur business and play safe as it might put u in trouble in extension.

Regards
K-Desilva wrote:

Thank you

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:54 pm

K-Desilva wrote:But i can employee any one with right to work in UK for my company whether on HSMP or on other visa. That employment will not count towards the extension requirement but he can still work for my company and i can start trading .
What you say?
Yes, that should be OK.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Yea u can employ anyone with right of work in uk but like u said it will not count toward job creation as they are not settled person.
Regards

R
K-Desilva wrote:But i can employee any one with right to work in UK for my company whether on HSMP or on other visa. That employment will not count towards the extension requirement but he can still work for my company and i can start trading .
What you say?

K-Desilva wrote:

Thank you
[/quote]
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:36 pm

@ K-Desilva, if you are on 200k route of the tier 1 entrepreneur visa, then you can do any type of business activities except property development and property management.

The scenario you plan with your cousin is like an umbrella company or recruitment agency and from what I have heard, VAT system for such company are very tricky, so you need to conduct a thorough research.

Apart from the tax issue, you are allowed to offer that type of service through the 200k route.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.