ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Profit is Important ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

28daysgrace
Newly Registered

Profit is Important ?

Post by 28daysgrace » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I have a conspiracy theory and I wan't to know your opinions on it.

*** Although I understand that making a profit is not mandatory for extension of the visa *** but I think HO is much restricter with cases where companies have not made much profit or have not generated much tax when it comes to extension. So they may refuse you for less significant reasons while they seem to be kinder to applicants whose business activities have led to profit and tax generation.

What do you think ?

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Profit is Important ?

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:46 pm

That is nonsensical. Many multinational multimillion pound companies are in loss for years and pay no taxes. There is no evidence that HO is refusing applications based on profits. Better not to perpetuate such theories as people here have enough paranoia already

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 11249.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Already wearing my tin foil hat; it is a zinc-manganese alloy in a bilayered hexagonal array that my dear old granny knitted for me.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Noajthan can you please tell us the theme behind your comments
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Business2business wrote:Noajthan can you please tell us the theme behind your comments
A tin foil hat is an item of protective headgear much favoured by conspiracy theorists.
It supposedly acts as a Faraday shield to protect the wearer from 'mind-control rays' projected by an imagined oppressor (eg big government, New World Order, the Illuminati etc).

A vital element of integration into British society is coming to grips with 'English humour'.
It is a coping mechanism for when the trains are not running on time; when the boiler packs up or when England, yet again, don't make the top 10 in Eurovision (or the Euros or the Olympics etc).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:42 pm

I am impressed
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:44 pm

I generally agree with the OP, thought not specifically on profits. Here is my rationale:

Firstly it is not about 'profits' but the overall quality of the business (profits is one component and profits is a 'decision' e.g. if you have free cash flow you can make it into a profit or invest into marketing for future growth)

So for example you built a very low value business (corner shop) but if you are profitable at least the min wage jobs you have are sustainable

1. Human nature/Organisation nature. it pretty basic that as there is subjectivity in reading through the cases, a case worker with consciously or subconsciously prefer the better quality businesses.

2. Genuine entrepreneurs test, it exists is implemented and subjective a higher quality business (of which profits is but one measure). In other words it is official that there is a subjective side to all this

3. My personal experience. I had a major issue with my application but instead of rejecting it outright they contacted me and gave me 7 days to rectify. I think I had a very strong application (BTW no profits...)

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

Post by 9elizabeth » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:17 pm

I think, it also depends on how you present your business. A corner shop can also be presented well to a visa officer. Its not just the profit business creates, its the supplier base, customer bases and how much value addition you do to the product also matter. Larger the supplier base you have, the more economic activities business is generating.
Hope that makes sense.