ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected for Maintenance Funds 85 days 1st 5 days no transa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Rejected for Maintenance Funds 85 days 1st 5 days no transa

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am

Hi Guys,

My application has been rejected on Maintenance Funds not covering 90 days. I had supplied bank statements for 90 days but in the beginning of these 90 days there was no transactions for 1st 5 days hence they have rejected my application saying 85 days. (Bank refused to gave statements more than 90 days)
I have been granted all other points.

My question is what should be my next move.

My timeline are below:

Application Submitted - 5th Jan 2017
Bio-metric letter :- 15th Jan 2017
IHS partial refund :- 15th Jan 2017
Rejected on :- 20th Jan 2017

Should i apply for Administrative Review arguing there not being any transactions or what should i argue ?

or A fresh Application.

tier1hp
Newly Registered

Re: Rejected for Maintenance Funds 85 days 1st 5 days no tra

Post by tier1hp » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 am

you can print statement from online banking and get bank to stamp for you.

and what you mean no transaction in first 5 days? was the balance not shown for those days?

the minimum balance required, for how many days in total you have in your account? if its more than 90 days then just print statement and ask bank to stamp.

you can go fo admin review and explain what happened. but see what other members say.

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:53 am

Hi tier1hp,

Thanks for your reply.

I have more than 2000 in my account for more than a year , thats not an issue.
Problem is my bank only gave me statements for 90 days. I requested these statements on 29th Dec-2016 so their system counted backwards till 30th Sept 2016. But there were no Transactions on 30th sept to 4th of Oct 2016. My bank statements starts form 4th Oct-2016 to 29th Dec-2016. And nothing is listed from 30th sept to 4th of Oct 2016.
If i apply for Admin review i can't supply any statements can i ? (as they do not accept any docs)

Now even though i have the Maintenance funds in my account , how do i prove it to them , what should i argue ?

Also if i apply for Admin Review am i gonna lose my right for Fresh applications.

Please help .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Bank statements usually have a monthly period on them, it is irrelevant if there was a transaction or not !!
What kind of banks do you deal with ?? :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi Zimba88,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Bank Statements received by post has monthly period. But these were printed in branch and doesn't have time period.
My bank is Lloyds.
I have maintained these funds for almost a year.
Now please advise what should I do?

Should i apply for Admin review? Can I send new statements on AD.
Or should I apply for fresh application ?

And if I apply for Admin review and if that's rejected , can I still make a fresh application?

Please help, your advice is really valued.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 pm

I do not know what would be the basis for your AR as the printouts do not show the 90 days period. :?
You can apply for AR if you wish, to get some time to prepare for a fresh application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks for your reply zimba88.

I am thinking of arguing that bank provided on statements for only 90days and on initial dates didn't have any transactions therefore nothing is listed and these are statements for 90 days not 85. I can prove that the money was in account. Can I supply new statements with AR.

Also am I still be eligible for new application after AR or that will count as overstay.

Also for new application HO has not returned any of my documents but a refusal letter.
Am not sure how to make a fresh application or can I refer to old case for these documents,?
Plz help

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:52 pm

I am thinking of arguing that bank provided on statements for only 90days and on initial dates didn't have any transactions therefore nothing is listed and these are statements for 90 days not 85. I can prove that the money was in account. Can I supply new statements with AR.
How do you prove this when the evidence does not mention a 90 days period !???? Unlike proper banks statements, your printouts seem not have fixed periods. Also you are not allowed to send extra documents for AR
Also am I still be eligible for new application after AR or that will count as overstay.
You can do it within 14 days from AR refusal
Also for new application HO has not returned any of my documents but a refusal letter.
Am not sure how to make a fresh application or can I refer to old case for these documents,?
You can refer to the old documents if they are not returned

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:07 pm

You can give AR a shot and in the meanwhile order duplicate bank statements via post from Lloyds. Don't use statements printed in the branches.

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your valuable advice .

Also for my new application there will be 2 months gap .

P11 , RTI ,Payslip , Business bank statements etc

Do I have to supply these for beginning or just for 2 months .

Thanks

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm

sm12 wrote:You can give AR a shot and in the meanwhile order duplicate bank statements via post from Lloyds. Don't use statements printed in the branches.
Thanks sm12 for reply!

Just hoping that ask me for statements in AR , not sure if that has ever happened to anyone .

Although I posted them new statements on 22nd Feb but decision was made on 20th Feb. Received rejection letter on 24th Feb. Any chance they might consider them statements.
Last edited by Sunbid on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:34 pm

^^Your argument should say what you said above about the period covering 90 days but that there were no transactions in the first five days, and that the format was such that this may not have been obvious.
You cannot provide new documents, but you can say in your argument that you can provide statements that are sent by post in place of the ones that were printed in the branch to show that your statements are accurate and do cover a 90-day period.

In the meantime, order the statements by post, which you will need for any fresh application that is made.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 pm

You should also state that you attempted to provide fresh statements before the decision was made. You should offer to provide the postal receipt in your AR application.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Sunbid wrote:Hi Zimba,

Thanks
Do you mean for a new application?

If you make a new application, you will have to provide everything all over again.

Sunbid
Newly Registered

Post by Sunbid » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:43 pm

sm12 wrote:
Sunbid wrote:Hi Zimba,

Thanks
Do you mean for a new application?

If you make a new application, you will have to provide everything all over again.
Yes for new application but I have not received any of my documents back form HO.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:46 pm

You will get the documents back after AR, but if possible, it would be best to prepare the documents again and reapply immediately after you receive the AR results (if AR is not successful).

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am

Hi Dear,
If you have maintenance funds for over a year why did you ask only 3 months statements which even does not cover full three months but 85 days. Why did not u ask for 4 months or six months bank statements.
I think you can claim for 3 months maintenance funds in AR stating your point very clearly.
Good luck

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:29 pm

hi ,, sorry for ur refusal.. i know lloyds bank they cant print bank statements for more then six months in branch .. .as it happend to me as well . its exctly what happend to u . and i requested them but they said sorry.. now to be honest ur safe on ur side.. nothing to worry about . so first of all asap order the statement not online but from help line and tell em u can pay if they want but make sure it reaches to u and explain them how urgent is this... its bout ur visa.. if possible tlk to their manager.. dun worry jus apply ar tell em its not ur mistake. its bank and they can call them and confirm or however they want to ..???

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Thats a bit silly. I think home office has gone mad they could have easily asked you using evidence flexibility to send full 90 days statement as only 5 days were missing and as you say business is all fine and you got all other points.

I think you should be ok in AR . Its a most idiotic decision makes no sense they are mad

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:05 pm

If they refuse AR send legal notice to Lloyds and also explain the situation to your MP get him involved.

amiao6
Newly Registered

Post by amiao6 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Sunbid wrote:Hi Zimba88,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Bank Statements received by post has monthly period. But these were printed in branch and doesn't have time period.
My bank is Lloyds.
I have maintained these funds for almost a year.
Now please advise what should I do?

Should i apply for Admin review? Can I send new statements on AD.
Or should I apply for fresh application ?

And if I apply for Admin review and if that's rejected , can I still make a fresh application?

Please help, your advice is really valued.
Thanks
Hi, since your bank is Lloyds, you may be able to query the previous bank statement by post. Ask them to send you the statements covering more months than you need, eg. 4 months. I totally understand what you are saying here.By asking the paper bank statements, Lloyds may charge you some fees or they won't do it at all! (Their policy changes all the time, even different branch gives different advice...)

mohsensari

Post by mohsensari » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm

HO should have asked for right format or part missing documents and gave 28 days time to prepare it according policy guidance I think you can mention it in AR.
Read Tier-1-Entrepreneur-v18 (published for home office staff)

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 pm

mohsensari wrote:HO should have asked for right format or part missing documents and gave 28 days time to prepare it according policy guidance I think you can mention it in AR.
Read Tier-1-Entrepreneur-v18 (published for home office staff)
Yes you are right. Its very unfair of HO to reject on this reason it should be reversed if that the only reason for rejection.

Hassan Rasheed

Post by Hassan Rasheed » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:01 am

Please read 245AA evidence flexibility and try get points you need fit in your case. also clearly inform that you have 90 days sentence funds and you can supply 4Months banks statement. Home office can verify it.

Good luck,