ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for ILR *after* T1E extension is granted

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JohnOhn

Requirements for ILR *after* T1E extension is granted

Post by JohnOhn » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi all,

I had a question about what is required for ILR *AFTER* our T1E extension is granted. In other words, for people on the 5-year entrepreneur visa route that will be using the SET(O) form to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

For T1E-specific requirements *for our last two years* I have this:

– employ 2 settled workers for at least 30 hours per week for at least 12 months each
– be registered as self-employed or the director of a company at the time you apply for ILR

As for the general ILR SET(O) requirements:

– besides not being out of the country any longer than 180 days in a twelve month period during our T1E visa, are there any other requirements for us (that is, entrepreneurs)?

– I do not believe there are any maintenance fund requirements and know there are no salary or proof of earnings requirements.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: Requirements for ILR *after* T1E extension is granted

Post by moongesture » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Complete Details are at

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2015.pdf (including) Page 55 Onwards i.e Jobs + Life in UK

AND

Table 6 Appendix A

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:16 pm

I see what the requirements are for the final 2 years of our Tier 1 Ent visa:

– Employ 2 settled workers for 30/week for 12 months each.

– Pass Life in the UK test https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test

– be registered as a director or as self-employed within the 3 months immediately before applying for ILR

But I still can't find a list of the general requirements that apply to all ILR (SETO) applications. Does anyone have a list of them?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:33 am

JohnOhn wrote:I see what the requirements are for the final 2 years of our Tier 1 Ent visa:

– be registered as a director or as self-employed within the 3 months immediately before applying for ILR

But I still can't find a list of the general requirements that apply to all ILR (SETO) applications. Does anyone have a list of them?
These are the requirements for ILR after extension:

- You must be the director of a company actively trading and you intend to continue your activity in a genuine business
- You must have created two extra full time jobs or retained the jobs created during initial for at least 12 months
- Pass the life in the UK test as well as English language requirements
- Lived in the UK legally for 5 consecutive years and spent less than 180 days outside in each yearly period
- Do not fall on general grounds for refusal (e.g having a bad character, used deception in any application, an unspent criminal conviction, over staying more than 28 days, etc)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:20 pm

zimba88 wrote:
JohnOhn wrote:I see what the requirements are for the final 2 years of our Tier 1 Ent visa:

These are the requirements for ILR after extension:

- You must be the director of a company actively trading and you intend to continue your activity in a genuine business
- You must have created two extra full time jobs or retained the jobs created during initial for at least 12 months
- Pass the life in the UK test as well as English language requirements
- Lived in the UK legally for 5 consecutive years and spent less than 180 days outside in each yearly period
- Do not fall on general grounds for refusal (e.g having a bad character, used deception in any application, an unspent criminal conviction, over staying more than 28 days, etc)
Thanks, Zimba.

I notice (or at least I can't find) any requirement of maintenance funds or salary level required for ILR.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:28 pm

JohnOhn wrote:I notice (or at least I can't find) any requirement of maintenance funds or salary level required for ILR.
Because there are no such requirements.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:58 am

zimba88 wrote:
JohnOhn wrote:I notice (or at least I can't find) any requirement of maintenance funds or salary level required for ILR.

Hi Zimba

Section 12A - Your finances of set (o) form requires us to provide bank statements, pay slips and other evidences to prove our ability to maintain and accommodate ourselves in the UK.

Could you please share your views on this?

Page 76: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-16.pdf

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:59 am

zimba88 wrote:
I read somewhere that a minimum salary of 35k or 36k is needed, is this not necessary for the Director (the applicant) to be able to apply for ILR?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:26 pm

raj.m wrote:Section 12A - Your finances of set (o) form requires us to provide bank statements, pay slips and other evidences to prove our ability to maintain and accommodate ourselves in the UK.

Could you please share your views on this?

Page 76: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-16.pdf
12A is a generic clause and refers to all your immigration documents and evidence including passport, BRP, ect for ALL people applying for ILR. Tier 1E has NO finance or maintenance requirements.
I read somewhere that a minimum salary of 35k or 36k is needed, is this not necessary for the Director (the applicant) to be able to apply for ILR?
Min salary requirement of 35K for ILR came into force for Tier 2 General applicants from last April. No such requirement for Tier 1E applicants

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 pm

zimba88 wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:
Min salary requirement of 35K for ILR came into force for Tier 2 General applicants from last April. No such requirement for Tier 1E applicants
That's good to know. Thanks Zimba, you're an encyclopaedia of immigration rules ... kudos to you.