ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking guidance regarding the use of 200K

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizwan.beg
Newly Registered

Seeking guidance regarding the use of 200K

Post by rizwan.beg » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:35 am

I look forward to seek guidance regarding the use of 200K

I intend to use 200K plus additional private funds to acquire a Business. I had an impression that business acquisition is permissible expect where the funds are channelized to buy business with the real-estate assets.

I aim to actively manage the business and invest additional funds to groom it further. I’m interested in IT, ICT, Telemarketing domains; I have shortlisted few of available options, plan is to go for it soon the Tier1 visa is approved.

In this context, I had a conversation with a law firm and they mentioned that Tier 1 funds can’t be used to acquire a company/ business but can be used as investment. The agency advised to seek second opinion.

Unfortunately the companies I’ve shortlisted are interested in 100% share sale; the question “Can the funds be used to acquire an existing running business?”