ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sub-lease as investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amnaali03

sub-lease as investment

Post by amnaali03 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi,
Can any one please explain if i sub-lease an office for my business, the money paid can be counted as investment or not? I am on Tier 1 (50K) visa.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: sub-lease as investment

Post by zimba » Fri May 20, 2016 4:15 pm

amnaali03 wrote:Hi,
Can any one please explain if i sub-lease an office for my business, the money paid can be counted as investment or not? I am on Tier 1 (50K) visa.

Regards
A turnover is not an investment. The intention of Tier 1E visa is that you invest money in a business for it to take off and grow not to invest it on property/office and enjoy the ROI. Be aware that HO could refuse your extension if you invest your capital in office/property
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:25 pm

zimba88 wrote:
amnaali03 wrote:Hi,

Regards
A turnover is not an investment. The intention of Tier 1E visa is that you invest money in a business for it to take off and grow not to invest it on property/office and enjoy the ROI. Be aware that HO could refuse your extension if you invest your capital in office/property
Thanks Zimba for you kind reply. Currently i am running business from house. An office is available in evening times and i want to take it on rent. I am thinking to rent it, make an agreement and pay some money about 10K. So i am thinking it will an investment for future extension and also will have an office place. So how can i do investment in this way or simply this idea will not work.

I am really thankfull for replying my question and providing your valuable suggestions to other members also.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 20, 2016 4:29 pm

I think I misunderstood. If you are going to spend the money to rent/lease an office for your business, then there will be no issues at all. Money can be spent on rent or other legitimate business expenses
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Isn't investment in property allowed, after deducting residential accommodation?