ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting Accounts to Companies House

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajrea
Mood:
India

Submitting Accounts to Companies House

Post by rajrea » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi

I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur 50k route - I have a query regarding updating annual accounts to companies house.

My accountant has prepared the annual accounts showing
1. Director's Report
2. Accountant Report these two reports are standard templates as per companies house act
3. Profit and loss
4. Balance sheet along with Director's statement
5. Notes to Financial statements

He has prepared Full accounts and sent me an email and I've asked him to submit this to companies house but he said as all accounts will be in public domain he said he will submit limited information and he uploaded to companies house. Now when I checked the companies house it was showing only Micro Entity balance sheet which is a single page.

What my understanding is for extension that we need to submit the all 3 years abbreviated accounts or management accounts if final year accounts are not submitted to companies house. So if we submit only balance sheet to companies house now will it be considered ?

I am under impression for extension that we need to submit all the abbreviated accounts print outs that are in the companies house website ? please correct me if I am wrong.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Submitting Accounts to Companies House

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 am

No. You must submit your full accounts (whether annual accounts or interim management ones) with your application as these will be considered for the award of points. HO doesn't care about micro/abbreviated ones submitted to companies house.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:15 pm

zimba88 wrote:No. You must submit your full accounts (whether annual accounts or interim management ones) with your application as these will be considered for the award of points. HO doesn't care about micro/abbreviated ones submitted to companies house.

Thanks Zimba88 for taking time to give your opinion. You are one of the most helpful member in this forum and guiding others in right way I thank you behalf of all other members.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 am

rajrea wrote:
zimba88 wrote:No. You must submit your full accounts (whether annual accounts or interim management ones) with your application as these will be considered for the award of points. HO doesn't care about micro/abbreviated ones submitted to companies house.

Thanks Zimba88 for taking time to give your opinion. You are one of the most helpful member in this forum and guiding others in right way I thank you behalf of all other members.
No problem :) Happy to help
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello,

I am a bit confused following the comment that abbreviated will not be considered. Our accountant have prepared annual unaudited accounts in the abbreviated form, as according to the rules of reporting for small companies who are under "total exemption small" and micro-entity rules. Those accounts have P/L, balance sheet, notes, accountant compilation report, and directors' statement.

I do not believe we need full accounts that will detail every single transaction. correct me if i am wrong.
many thanks, SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:42 pm

sky_rise wrote:Hello,

I am a bit confused following the comment that abbreviated will not be considered. Our accountant have prepared annual unaudited accounts in the abbreviated form, as according to the rules of reporting for small companies who are under "total exemption small" and micro-entity rules. Those accounts have P/L, balance sheet, notes, accountant compilation report, and directors' statement.

I do not believe we need full accounts that will detail every single transaction. correct me if i am wrong.
many thanks, SR
Abbreviated here refers to a summary account report submitted to companies house which usually omits certain details of your business including the creditors and notes section and it is publicly available on companies house website.