ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) to Tier 2 (General)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thilina098
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by thilina098 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 am

Hi all,

I have applied for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa on December 2012 and granted visa on April 2013 after the appeal process. But now I've got an employer who's willing to sponsor me under Tier 2 (General) visa. Also my job is on the shortage occupant list and they have already allocated me the CoS.

To apply for Tier 2 (General), I've booked a one day service. But my question is that the company I registered under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa has now been dissolved and I'm wondering whether this would be a problem when granting me the Tier 2 (General) visa.

I welcome any advice from you guys..

thanks

samaygrg

Re: Switching from Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by samaygrg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:33 am

I think you should seek expert help ASAP. What I believe is without securing your new visa, you shouldn't have dissolved your company, on which your visa was granted, unless you have some strong reasons to serve.

thilina098
Newly Registered

Post by thilina098 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am

It was dissolved by the companies house and I've noticed it quite recently. I'm wondering what kind of strong reasons I can give to overcome this situation ?

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:55 am

thilina098 wrote:It was dissolved by the companies house and I've noticed it quite recently. I'm wondering what kind of strong reasons I can give to overcome this situation ?
Have you managed to ask/inquire them about the reason of this dissolving or have they mentioned it anywhere in letters/emails ?

thilina098
Newly Registered

Post by thilina098 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm

I've got a letter from companies house saying that I haven't been trading for last 3 months and that's the reason for dissolving the company. I thought my accountant had taken care of it all as he submitted all my tax returns for HMRC for me.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm

What I suggest you as colleague, ask your accountant to sort this out before you appear in your new venture. I think if your accountant can give proper justification why it was late or missed accidentally, they can reconsider it. Again I guess they should've sent you kinda warning letter first before taking this final step.

thilina098
Newly Registered

Post by thilina098 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:52 am

thanks samaygrg for your support. But I've got my visa yesterday :D. Everything is fine now.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:57 am

thilina098 wrote:thanks samaygrg for your support. But I've got my visa yesterday :D. Everything is fine now.

Many Many Congratulations Thilina098. All the best for your new endeavors.