ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Ent Visa extension approved with 2 traffic offence

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali272
Member of Standing

Re: T1 Ent Visa extension approved with 2 traffic offence

Post by Ali272 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello Shanky,

Congrats on getting your extension. I am on Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur and plan to switch to the main category next year. I plan to invest the £50k as a share capital in one go in coming days. Do you think that's OK? What do you recommend? Share capital or Director's loan? I feel like share capital is less riskier and Home Office prefers it.

Thank you so much
Ali

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks Shanky for all inputs.

You paid a lot to your employees being on £50k- appreciated

I have Management Consultancy and I am paying my employees £7.5/hour as one I am using for marketing, the other one as assistance for certain audits/processes

I am going to increase the rate to £9 as recently got another Contract on 17th Nov2015.

Can this be an issue ?

my personal thoughts are that it should not be as I could not afford higher rate at that time

All suggestions are appreciated

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi shanky?
Thanks for share a important information.
Could you advise what is account's compilation report and if you forward me sample of report, would be very kind.

nasir333
Newly Registered

Post by nasir333 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Shanky,
Congratulations brother on your success. Sorry to bother you for this. I will highy appriciate if you can advise me about following
1: Is it fine if you have your payrol and anuual tax return to companies house from different accountants. During my first year i got my annual tax return done from an accountant management ltd, they do have multiple offices across city but as i inquire to them today, they told me they are not registered with any organizing body of accountants. So this is my huge worry and i want to change my accountant now. Will it be fine? Any suggestions please? My second year annual tax return deadline is approaching in couple of weeks.

2. when i will apply for my extension i would have submitted for 2 times annual tax return to companies house as due to some delay i got it done last time near the end of my deadline but within due date and my accountant was able to file a tax for one and half year and he said he can do same for next time which means technically i would have 2 annual tax returns but covering 3 years. Will it be fine as long as it is permissible and within due date of company house?
Thanks, stay blessed

vmai wrote:
shanky wrote:
vmai wrote:Can i have account name or any number...we can do same like you.If you can pls send me

I use KPMG , they are bit expensive but super professional, they are one of the biggest multinational accounting firms out thr. But I guess you dont need accounting firm of that level for visa purpose just take any random registered accountant you should be fine, as its only very basic information needed for Visa. I only use KPMG because my clients are CEO of well know multinational companies and most of these multinational companies have KPMG as thr accounting firm so it makes life bit easier for us as same company handles accounts for my business, customer and most of my suppliers. Unless your business don't need that level of accounting don't use KPMG .

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your reply

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:17 am

I think I know the fourth person somehow. that guy did not pay the taxes of his employees and submitted the photo shopped passports of his employees. It's very easy for home office to find out. There are couple of cases where home office has reject the applications for not meeting the hours of employment. One of them had 2 employees for 1 year but they have done 3095 hours not 3120 hours. That guy got refusal as well. He is now on article 8 (human right).[/quote]

The fourth one I was telling about is back in Malaysia. They are both different
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:22 am

solomondid wrote:Congrats Shanky,

Very informative, thanks for sharing your success.

I interpret the following from your response, please if you could confirm its correct;

1) Employee salaries, except directors has until now been accepted as an investment.

2) director loan agreement can just be one agreement for all small investments you make within 3 years, and monies invested in small bank transfers every month as and when necessary is ok and dont need new agreement for each transfer.

3) losses incurred play any role in decision making?

Thanks and regards,

Hi solomondid

1- Yes
2- Yes one agreement
3- Losses dosent make a difference most of the businesses anyway can not be profitable in first 3 year unless its a dodgy business. Cant generalise depends on business sector some business can be profitable from day first. Will not be a issue if your business is loss

Solomon
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:56 am

Ali272 wrote:Hello Shanky,

Congrats on getting your extension. I am on Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur and plan to switch to the main category next year. I plan to invest the £50k as a share capital in one go in coming days. Do you think that's OK? What do you recommend? Share capital or Director's loan? I feel like share capital is less riskier and Home Office prefers it.

Thank you so much
Ali

Hi Ali

Will suggest to concentrate on business instead on visa at this moment you still have a year. I would suggest to invest as Director loan - say for example if your business dosent do well in coming years and you decide to sell you business at-least you will be legally entitled to get your money refunded as you invested money as loan and business will be liable to payback the loan to its director. Where as Share capital wont cover much of your risk as it will only depend on the business success and its market valuation will decide the share price of each share so for example you invested 50 K for 100% share of your company so your company valuation will come out to be 50 K and say for example if your business not doing well in coming years then the company valuation will go down and you will loose money on your company shares . Investing as Share capital is only good for you if you think your business needs more then 50 K and you will have to raise extra cash from private investors or Angel investors then its advisable as share capital as they will buy shares in your company in exchange of cash. Take some professional advice on this it all depends on kind of business you are planning setting up.

Though Visa for graduate entrepreneur is much easier but you still need to proof that you are genuine entrepreneur and if you are genuinely starting out with business which is best to do as it gives you freedom to be your own boss and not to work hard fulfilling someone else dreams, you would need to understand basics of money your are investing.
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:15 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:Thanks Shanky for all inputs.

You paid a lot to your employees being on £50k- appreciated

I have Management Consultancy and I am paying my employees £7.5/hour as one I am using for marketing, the other one as assistance for certain audits/processes

I am going to increase the rate to £9 as recently got another Contract on 17th Nov2015.

Can this be an issue ?

my personal thoughts are that it should not be as I could not afford higher rate at that time

All suggestions are appreciated

I know mate I pay a lot to my employees but it all come down to GOALS we have if the GOAL is only to get visa then the employees on minimum wage should be fine but if the GOAL is to make your business successful and have a desired life style then it important to have Smart intelligent people working for you and trust me mate there is shortage of SMART people out there and if you manage to get hold of few of them then there is no other option but to pay them what they deserve. How I see it is if you pay minimum wage you will get minimum wage work ethics and if you pay what they deserve then you can demand for what you desire. Well pay will depends on business sectors. It works for me though ;)

You mention you will increase from £7.5/hour to £9 - is not a issue but you would need to mention it on the application form separately the rate change and date. also you will need to give rate change confirmation on you company letter head pad . Hope this helps
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:23 am

nadeem75 wrote:Hi shanky?
Thanks for share a important information.
Could you advise what is account's compilation report and if you forward me sample of report, would be very kind.

Hi

sorry dont have it
account's compilation report is just a standard formate. Your accountant will have it . Its simply says that how the information was provided and how the accounts are made and if anything is wrong with accounts then you will be responsible not the accountant.
S

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Thank you Shanky for your reply.

My university has already confirmed I'm genuine entrepreneur. I was selected in a very competitive competition among hundreds of applicants. I was wondering what else do I need to provide?
I will be spending almost £12000 this year on my tech business and will have extensive marketing campaign in financial magazines such as money week. I don't plan to employ people for the first two years to keep costs low. Would this be alright be genuineness test? What else do I need, to prove I am really genuine? Thanks.

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Ali272 wrote:Thank you Shanky for your reply.

My university has already confirmed I'm genuine entrepreneur. I was selected in a very competitive competition among hundreds of applicants. I was wondering what else do I need to provide?
I will be spending almost £12000 this year on my tech business and will have extensive marketing campaign in financial magazines such as money week. I don't plan to employ people for the first two years to keep costs low. Would this be alright be genuineness test? What else do I need, to prove I am really genuine? Thanks.

Sound cool man good one. You should be fine since uni is backing you . also till the time you invest money and employee 2 staffs everything should be fine as per today's policies .
S

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks Shanky for the valuable reply and explanation of Compilation report well done mate I hope if people ask sensible questions rather than the ones you already replied, you will continue to answer them in the light of your own experience and judgment.

Thanks again.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Thank you so much Shanky for your answers, they really helped. Good luck with your business.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:59 pm

Congratulations Shanky,
From your posts it is obvious that u deserved this success very well.
Can you please inform me a little more about the accountant letter that we are supposed to submitt as one of the proof of job creation.
When should accountant generate it? At the start of job i-e when he started generating pay slips? Will not it be too old to submit as an evidence as it will be minimum an year old. Or should accountant made it afresh when you apply for extension.

Thanks for helping us all.

shanky

Post by shanky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Meesha wrote:Congratulations Shanky,
From your posts it is obvious that u deserved this success very well.
Can you please inform me a little more about the accountant letter that we are supposed to submitt as one of the proof of job creation.
When should accountant generate it? At the start of job i-e when he started generating pay slips? Will not it be too old to submit as an evidence as it will be minimum an year old. Or should accountant made it afresh when you apply for extension.

Thanks for helping us all.

Hi Meesha

Accountant letter is just a confirmation that jobs have been created and existed for 12 months so letter is suppose to be dated any date before you send the application. Hope this helps . Good luck
S

fzp83

Post by fzp83 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:23 am

Hello Shanky

Many thanks for sharing such useful information and guiding us all on technical issues. I'll be grateful if u can plz help me with below:

1) What employee payment records did you send? Did you send P11s or Just real time Full Payment Submissions?

2)Was the loan agreement attested by an accountant or solicitor?

I have been trying to find a reliable template for Director's loan but with no success. If possible, would u be able to email me the template u used? My email is:Email address removed by moderator
Thanks in advance for ur assistance!

Regards

ali31

Post by ali31 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 pm

One of them had 2 employees for 1 year but they have done 3095 hours not 3120 hours. That guy got refusal as well. He is now on article 8 (human right).
If I am not wrong total hours for two employees should be 2880 not 3120. ( (30 hours x 4) * 12 * 2)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:32 pm

ali31 wrote:
One of them had 2 employees for 1 year but they have done 3095 hours not 3120 hours. That guy got refusal as well. He is now on article 8 (human right).
If I am not wrong total hours for two employees should be 2880 not 3120. ( (30 hours x 4) * 12 * 2)
Nope. It should be 52 weeks x 30 hours min X 2 employees = min 3120 hours
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sanjay1

Post by sanjay1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi Congratualtions , I have a doubt regarding tier1 entrepreneur visa extension , do we need to register as an employee for our limited company apart from director position?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 am

sanjay1 wrote:Hi Congratualtions , I have a doubt regarding tier1 entrepreneur visa extension , do we need to register as an employee for our limited company apart from director position?
When you work for your company as a director, you legally are considered an employee of that company but you do not need to register anything. However If you pay yourself any salary, you need to put yourself on PAYE payroll.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sanjay1

Post by sanjay1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply, but my question for the tier1 entrepreneur 50k route extension , do we need to register as an employee for our limited company?

KKL147
Newly Registered

Post by KKL147 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:45 am

Hello Guys

I applied for Entrepreneur Visa Extension 50K route applied and approved

Posted Application on - 17 December 2015
Delivered on - 18 December 2015
Acknowledgment letter and Biometrics letters were issued on - 23 December 2015
Received on - 30 December 2015 (Due to Xmas week it was late)
Biometrics done on - 31 December 2015
Approval letter and BRP card received on - 27 January 2015 (Was issued on 23 January 2016)

Approved for two years.

I am not expert but I can try to answer any questions

Thanks

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 am

Hi KKL147

Congrats!

What documents did you submit and what is the nature of your business?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 am

sanjay1 wrote:Hi Thanks for the reply, but my question for the tier1 entrepreneur 50k route extension , do we need to register as an employee for our limited company?
I still do not get what you mean by register ??? You only need to put yourself on payroll if you want to receive any salary, if you do not want then you are not required to be on payroll. Immigration rules require you to be the Director of the company but not to be on payroll necessarily !!

KKL147
Newly Registered

Post by KKL147 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Napoleon77 wrote:Hi KKL147

Congrats!

What documents did you submit and what is the nature of your business?

Many thanks

Hi Napoleon77

It is a big list of documents. However I will try to cover all.

1 - Application Forms
2 - Passports
3 - Previous BRP
4 - Funds Maintenance Bank Statement
5 - Companies House Certificate
6 - VAT registration certificate
7 - EL/PL/PL Insurance certificate
8 - Payslips of all the employees
9 - FPS for each submission (Signed by myself)
10 - Business Bank Account statements (I invested 50K in 12 instalments with various different amounts, therefore only statements attached where it shows Investment amounts)
11 - Personal Bank Account statements which shows investment transferred to Business Account
12 - Director's Loan Agreement
13 - CA cover letter
14 - CA letter which confirms each and every employee number of hours, hourly rate etc
15 - Business visiting cards, Letter heads and little more stationaries.
16 - Three years Annual Accounts (Make sure to sign these annual returns)
17 - Self assessments reports
18 - VAT final summary or till date summary
19 - Corporation Tax final summary report
20 - PAYE final summary report
21 - Payslips of all the employees
22 - Passport copies of all the employees
23 - Address proof for all the employees
24 - NI Proof for all the employees
25 - P46/P60/P45 for all the employees

I personally made sets of all the employees individually with a cover letter for each of them explaining the number of hours each month they worked, hourly rate paid, their start date or leaving date FPS copies in their particular sets.

I hope this helps.