ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Ent Visa extension approved with 2 traffic offence

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shanky

T1 Ent Visa extension approved with 2 traffic offence

Post by shanky » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Guys got my visa extension approval letter this morning. Thanks you all who helped.
I was on Tire 1 Ent -50 K

Applied for visa extension 2 days before visa expired that was on 27 Oct/15 - Reason to leave it till the last moment was that I was been summoned to court for a traffic offence on 25 Nov/15 which I decided to plead guilty and I didnt wanted my visa to be approved before 25 Nov/15 because then it would have been a problem for ILR after 2 year as ILR policy state that applicant shouldn't have any court conviction within 24 months prior to application. But I advice others to apply 28 days before visa expire date.

Time line
Applied for visa on 25/Oct/15
BRP done on 03/Nov/15
Visa approval letter on 05/Dec/15

Traffic offences
1- Speeding - 3 points on licence with £90 fine
2-Tyres below legal limit of 1.6 mm -- 3 points on licence £250 fine (Was Hired car -UK law says dosent matter who is the owner of the car, driver will be responsible for tyres maintenance) honestly this is a joke

Below I have enclosed the document list and you will see that I have only submitted everything according guidance and appendix A to what they asked for nothing more nothing less.

Also letter to case worker is not required it was just because of traffic offences and court summon I had to explain in brief that still the court case was undecided and that it was hired car and case could be in my favour)

I didn't even bothered to sent business bank statement as the didnt asked for

I didn't use any solicitor. Just did everything on my own.

Hope this helps

Document Enclosed

Application Form (with attached photos on pg 12)
Biometric
Passport
Old/ Previous Expired Passport
Special Delivery Envelope
Letter to caseworker (introduction to immigration history & business)

Investment - Requirements according to appendix A ,paragraph 46-SD :-
Management Accounts ending 30/Sep/2015 (Money Invested in Director’s (Marked) Shown on pg 5 and pg 7 of management accounts)
Accountant's Compilation Report (page 3 of managment account)
Accounts for period (Money Invested in Director’s Name (Marked) Shown on pg 5 and pg 7)
2014-2015
2013-2014
Letter from Registered Accountant Confirming :-
£xxxxxxxxx/ has been invested in business
2 full time jobs have been created for 12 months
Accountant ACCA Registration Number
Director Loans agreement
Evidence to show money has been invested in UK business :-
Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK
Original Letter from a UK-regulated financial institution confirming that the company has a bank account and the applicant is a signatory of that account
Letters from HMRC & Corporation Tax department confirming that business is registered for Tax
Evidence of current registration- Director :-
Company’s filing history page
Current Appointment Report
Job Creations - Requirements according to appendix A:-
Letter from registered accountant confirming 2 full time job creation .
Employee Payment Records (signed and dated by the applicant)
Employee pay details
Employee pay details 2014-2015
Employee pay details 2015-2016
Letter for accountant confirming employees were paid monthly.
Original HM Revenue & Customs form P46 (showing the starting date of the employment)
Printouts of all Full Payment Submissions sent to HM Revenue & Customs (initialled by the applicant)
Duplicate payslips for the period of the employment
Confirmation of the hourly rate for each worker - Please refer to the payslips and letter enclosed
Passport pages from a UK passports that contain the employee's personal details
Printout from Companies House of the company’s filing history page and of the applicant’s personal appointments history,
Business Registration & Insurance:-
Incorporation Certificate from Company house
Certificate of Business Insurance, Includes;-
Employers Liability Insurance
Public and Product Liability Insurance
Professional Indemnity
Sale of insurance extension
Other Insurances covers
Personal Banks statement (90 days Maintenance fund)
S

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: T1 Ent Visa extension approved with 2 traffic offence

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks for the list and congratulation.
what about them money spent was all invested as directors loan ?

shanky

Post by shanky » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:35 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:Thanks for the list and congratulation.
what about them money spent was all invested as directors loan ?

Yap all invested in business as director loan and was used for employees salaries and other day to day business expenses. Hope this helps . Good luck
S

vmai

Post by vmai » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Can i have account name or any number...we can do same like you.If you can pls send me

bhaku

Post by bhaku » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello,

Congratulations.

Director loan agreement was on the plain paper or noterised ?

Please let me know as I am preparing my visa application and applying on 14th of this month.

thanking you,

Kind regards,

Bhaku

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Congrats shanky and thanks for sharing docs list....

If u done mind can you please share the samples of those docs as well ( avoi those having ur personal data)

this will help us alot as most of them we never heard before.

many thanks

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello Shanky,

Congratulations for the visa extension. I was wondering if you can share the following information please?

- Have you provided the single or multiple agreements for your director loan?
- Which bank statements have you sent to confirm your invested money you transferred from personal to business?
Have you sent the business insurances for the last 3 years or just last year?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
IR

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:13 am

Hi boss
You are legend
I am very happy for u and for us because u are one of the first 50k extension applicant.
Could you please briefly explain investment proof and how many documents you signed. Abd have used minimum wages for employee like £6.70 ph.
Thanks

Momi

Post by Momi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Glad to hear that someone has got his visa extended. Relief for other extension applicants.
Now we have a little hope that we won't be easily targeted by home office stupid policies.

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Thank you for sharing the information buddy!

Just a very quick question out of curiosity, what difference does it make if one applies 28 days before the visa expires and not the day before?

Much appreciated!

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:04 pm

vmai wrote:Can i have account name or any number...we can do same like you.If you can pls send me

I use KPMG , they are bit expensive but super professional, they are one of the biggest multinational accounting firms out thr. But I guess you dont need accounting firm of that level for visa purpose just take any random registered accountant you should be fine, as its only very basic information needed for Visa. I only use KPMG because my clients are CEO of well know multinational companies and most of these multinational companies have KPMG as thr accounting firm so it makes life bit easier for us as same company handles accounts for my business, customer and most of my suppliers. Unless your business don't need that level of accounting don't use KPMG .

Hope this helps :)
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:06 pm

bhaku wrote:Hello,

Congratulations.

Director loan agreement was on the plain paper or noterised ?

Please let me know as I am preparing my visa application and applying on 14th of this month.

thanking you,

Kind regards,

Bhaku
Hi Bhaku

Director loan Agreement was on companies Letter Head Pad. Good luck
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:11 pm

FKS21177 wrote:Congrats shanky and thanks for sharing docs list....

If u done mind can you please share the samples of those docs as well ( avoi those having ur personal data)

this will help us alot as most of them we never heard before.

many thanks

Sorry mate , Not possible, don't have that mush time. It will take ages to upload these samples. Not sure what sample are you after ? Is thr any one simple in particular ? If you looking for Director loan then search the forum you will find lots of examples. Hope this helps
S

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Employee wages
Please

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:36 pm

irana2015 wrote:Hello Shanky,

Congratulations for the visa extension. I was wondering if you can share the following information please?

- Have you provided the single or multiple agreements for your director loan?
- Which bank statements have you sent to confirm your invested money you transferred from personal to business?
Have you sent the business insurances for the last 3 years or just last year?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
IR
Hi IR

1- One director loan agreement for all investment in 3 year . Agreement Date will be when you decided that you will invest this much money in business . So for example if you decided in MAR 2013 that you will invest 50 K in business in next 3 year then agreement should be dated sometime around Mar 2013. According to UK corporate business law you first agree to invest and then invest not other way round. I know few visa cases which have been cancelled because of this and UKBA even won court cases on this mistake.

2 - My business bank statement for 3 year was coming out to be around 3280 Pages. Couldn't be bothered to send three thousand pages. I just sent and email to Bank that I need business bank statement for 3 years and in reply my bank business manages emailed me back saying that they wont be able to print three thousands pages instead they said to print it of and they will sign and stamp it. There was no ways i would have spent that time downloading and printing every single page . So i simply Printed the email conversation with the bank and wrote to UKBA 2 lines "Bank statement more the 3 thousand pages, if needed contact me will print it off and will send it " and gave bank account number and bank manager phone numbers .For me that worked I guess.

3- Business Insurance was sent was for last 3 years

Hope this helps
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Business2business wrote:Hi boss
You are legend
I am very happy for u and for us because u are one of the first 50k extension applicant.
Could you please briefly explain investment proof and how many documents you signed. Abd have used minimum wages for employee like £6.70 ph.
Thanks

Hi Mate

You can see investment proof document in the list I posted.

Employees wages - All my employees are working on £26K + Bonus yearly package. I guess it will come out to be more then £15 per hour according to 35 hours a week . I will leave it to you to do the Math. :) Hope this helps
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Momi wrote:Glad to hear that someone has got his visa extended. Relief for other extension applicants.
Now we have a little hope that we won't be easily targeted by home office stupid policies.

Hi Momi

Be careful mate prepare your application to your best. I know 4 Cases where visa extension was cancelled under 50K route. All 4 of them were given 28 days to leave the country where passport remained with Home office and was given to them on airport. Admin review was rejected as well. Though 3 of them managed to come back under 200 K investment route, they applied from there home countries. All 4 of them were running a genuine businesses. I know them well because I helped 2 of them manage their business while they were not in the country. Plan was to sell their business as whole or to sell all their business assets individually but then they decided to give another try with new visas application and Home office decided to give them visa again. :). They all used the solicitors as they all were super busy running thr businesses and making money. Which I guess was not the best idea. That may be the reason I didnt bothered use any solicitor ;). I would suggest put some time into it before you apply and send everything what they asked for nothing more nothing less, everyone love to work enough for what they are paid for nothing more. So if you decided to bombard the case worker with lot of unnecessary document then chances are you will frustrate him/her. I am saying this with personal experience of a friend of mine she is the case worker in Singapore embassy and she was telling me her experience . Hope this helps in some way. Good luck
S

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:48 pm

The Symbol wrote:Thank you for sharing the information buddy!

Just a very quick question out of curiosity, what difference does it make if one applies 28 days before the visa expires and not the day before?

Much appreciated!

Hi The Symbol

Applying 28 days before the visa expires is always a best idea.

How I see it as the GOAL is to get ILR sorted asap. According to UKBA you are suppose to get ILR in 60 months (5 year) and thr should be no reason for you to delay to get your ILR (Unless its required like in my case with traffic offence).

Earlier you apply the earlier you get you visa and earlier you will be eligible to apply for ILR .

I have seen many example on this forum where people leave thr visa extension for last moment and then UKBA needs processing time of 4 to 8 weeks sometime longer and then application to ILR get delayed and by the time they get ILR they have spent somewhere between 65 - 80 months which could have been done in minimum time of 60 months which is officially required. Policy state you cannot apply before 28 day the visa expire.
S

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:16 pm

shanky wrote:
Momi wrote:Glad to hear that someone has got his visa extended. Relief for other extension applicants.

Hi Momi

Be careful mate prepare your application to your best. I know 4 Cases where visa extension was cancelled under 50K route. All 4 of them were given 28 days to leave the country where passport remained with Home office and was given to them on airport. Admin review was rejected as well. Though 3 of them managed to come back under 200 K investment route, they applied from there home countries. All 4 of them were running a genuine businesses. I know them well because I helped 2 of them manage their business while they were not in the country. Plan was to sell their business as whole or to sell all their business assets individually but then they decided to give another try with new visas application and Home office decided to give them visa again. :). They all used the solicitors as they all were super busy running thr businesses and making money. Which I guess was not the best idea. That may be the reason I didnt bothered use any solicitor ;). I would suggest put some time into it before you apply and send everything what they asked for nothing more nothing less, everyone love to work enough for what they are paid for nothing more. So if you decided to bombard the case worker with lot of unnecessary document then chances are you will frustrate him/her. I am saying this with personal experience of a friend of mine she is the case worker in Singapore embassy and she was telling me her experience . Hope this helps in some way. Good luck

Hi Shanky,

Congratulations!

Why were those four people's extensions rejected?

Also, did you transfer all of the £50K in one go? I didn't and wonder if this will make a difference.

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 pm

alex87 wrote:
shanky wrote:

Hi Momi

Hi Shanky,

Congratulations!

Also, did you transfer all of the £50K in one go? I didn't and wonder if this will make a difference.
----------------------------------------

Thanks Alex87

Reason of rejections for all 4 guys :-

First one had some issues with director loans Agreement dont remember exactly what it was.
Second guy missed to sign few document which UKBA specifically asked for in Appendix A
Third guy had missing RTI and FPS for couple of months, I remember he said he only submitted 8 months RTI
Fourth guy is ban from UK for 10 years now as he showed some dodgy employees which didnt actually worked but were only on papers, UKBA manages to find this out and rejected his application in less then a week and banned him with no appeal right.

Im sorry I know this may sound bit scary but worry it not that they are not granting visas I just got mine. Be positive and if you are genuine should be much of a problem.
S

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:27 am

Hi Momi

Be careful mate prepare your application to your best. I know 4 Cases where visa extension was cancelled under 50K route. All 4 of them were given 28 days to leave the country where passport remained with Home office and was given to them on airport. Admin review was rejected as well. Though 3 of them managed to come back under 200 K investment route, they applied from there home countries. All 4 of them were running a genuine businesses. I know them well because I helped 2 of them manage their business while they were not in the country. Plan was to sell their business as whole or to sell all their business assets individually but then they decided to give another try with new visas application and Home office decided to give them visa again. :). They all used the solicitors as they all were super busy running thr businesses and making money. Which I guess was not the best idea. That may be the reason I didnt bothered use any solicitor ;). I would suggest put some time into it before you apply and send everything what they asked for nothing more nothing less, everyone love to work enough for what they are paid for nothing more. So if you decided to bombard the case worker with lot of unnecessary document then chances are you will frustrate him/her. I am saying this with personal experience of a friend of mine she is the case worker in Singapore embassy and she was telling me her experience . Hope this helps in some way. Good luck[/quote]

Hi Shanky,

Congratulations!

Also, did you transfer all of the £50K in one go? I didn't and wonder if this will make a difference.[/quote]
----------------------------------------

Thanks Alex87

Reason of rejections for all 4 guys :-

First one had some issues with director loans Agreement dont remember exactly what it was.
Second guy missed to sign few document which UKBA specifically asked for in Appendix A
Third guy had missing RTI and FPS for couple of months, I remember he said he only submitted 8 months RTI
Fourth guy is ban from UK for 10 years now as he showed some dodgy employees which didnt actually worked but were only on papers, UKBA manages to find this out and rejected his application in less then a week and banned him with no appeal right.

Im sorry I know this may sound bit scary but worry it not that they are not granting visas I just got mine. Be positive and if you are genuine should be much of a problem.[/quote]

I think I know the fourth person somehow. that guy did not pay the taxes of his employees and submitted the photo shopped passports of his employees. It's very easy for home office to find out. There are couple of cases where home office has reject the applications for not meeting the hours of employment. One of them had 2 employees for 1 year but they have done 3095 hours not 3120 hours. That guy got refusal as well. He is now on article 8 (human right).

vmai

Post by vmai » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:28 am

shanky wrote:
vmai wrote:Can i have account name or any number...we can do same like you.If you can pls send me

I use KPMG , they are bit expensive but super professional, they are one of the biggest multinational accounting firms out thr. But I guess you dont need accounting firm of that level for visa purpose just take any random registered accountant you should be fine, as its only very basic information needed for Visa. I only use KPMG because my clients are CEO of well know multinational companies and most of these multinational companies have KPMG as thr accounting firm so it makes life bit easier for us as same company handles accounts for my business, customer and most of my suppliers. Unless your business don't need that level of accounting don't use KPMG .

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your reply

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:29 am

Congrats Shanky,

Very informative, thanks for sharing your success.

I interpret the following from your response, please if you could confirm its correct;

1) Employee salaries, except directors has until now been accepted as an investment.

2) director loan agreement can just be one agreement for all small investments you make within 3 years, and monies invested in small bank transfers every month as and when necessary is ok and dont need new agreement for each transfer.

3) losses incurred play any role in decision making?

Thanks and regards,

Solomon
Solomon

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 am

Congratulations Shanky. You are being very helpful.

Tier1newbie

Post by Tier1newbie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 am

I think a lot of people here are getting confused with point one.

Investment here means the money that you put into the company, which is a home office requirement. 50K or 200K, depending on the type of route you have applied for should be transferred to the company from your personal account or on your behalf. This money should be in the form of loan against unsecured creditors or against share capital in the company. No money transferred to the previous owner or a franchise will be classified as an investment because you are not actually utilising the funds in your company.

Employee salary is a business expense just like rent, rates, insurance, electric and gas bills etc. which is a valid expense and you do not need to worry about it being in your books. However you cannot as a consultancy for example, buy a flat on mortgage under the company's name to rent out and use that as an expense it will not be classified as a business expense for you. If you buy a business premises for your company that will be classified as a business expense for you.

It is alright if at the end of 3 years your business expenses are less than the originally invested amount or either 50K or 200K. But you should invest the full 50 or 200K into your business.

It does not matter if you make a profit or loss, it all depends on if you are a genuine entrepreneur trying to establish a business and make some money and at the same time also fulfilling all the remaining criterias laid down by the home office.

Hope it makes sense.
solomondid wrote:Congrats Shanky,

Very informative, thanks for sharing your success.

I interpret the following from your response, please if you could confirm its correct;

1) Employee salaries, except directors has until now been accepted as an investment.

2) director loan agreement can just be one agreement for all small investments you make within 3 years, and monies invested in small bank transfers every month as and when necessary is ok and dont need new agreement for each transfer.

3) losses incurred play any role in decision making?

Thanks and regards,

Solomon