ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

T1 extension

Post by Meesha » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:07 am

Dear Zimba88 and forum members,
I never had employes or company earlier. At start i thought i pay full salaries to employes and they pay their taxes by themselves. so i paid them full amount which is shown in bank statements. I set up direct debits, however my accountant told me soon after first payment that i have to pay taxes by myself. One of my employee needed money in advance so i paid him for that month in advance so i was fine to pay tax by the end of month. Unfortunately my dad was diagnosed with late stage cancer, I traveled with him to Inida for transplant, he could not make it though and i was out of UK for 3.5 months. I amended the direct debit for salaries which were missed by bank system somehow. And i set up direct debit for HMRC like first month. But tax code changed for my employes due to some reason and there was different amounts on payslips. I paid more than i was required, to everyone including employes and HMRC. I corrected it from 5th month onward as i was back to UK. My accountant advised me to deduce the overly paid money from employes salaries and pay less to HMRC as he said HMRC calculate yearly amounts so it will be fine.
My payslips does not match with bank transaction for 6months.
Can anyone advise what should i do now? Should i ask my accountant to write a letter explaining it or do i need to write a cover letter to HO about it? Will it be a major issue for visa extension decision?

Cheers

zimba
Mood:

Re: payslips and bank statements figures

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:20 pm

My payslips does not match with bank transaction for 6months.
Please show me in the rules where does it require you to send bank transactions for your salary payments ??! :?
You mentioned this on another thread too !!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Meesha wrote:Dear Zimba88 and forum members,
I never had employes or company earlier. At start i thought i pay full salaries to employes and they pay their taxes by themselves. so i paid them full amount which is shown in bank statements. I set up direct debits, however my accountant told me soon after first payment that i have to pay taxes by myself.

. I amended the direct debit for salaries which were missed by bank system somehow. And i set up direct debit for HMRC like first month. But tax code changed for my employes due to some reason and there was different amounts on payslips. I paid more than i was required, to everyone including employes and HMRC.

This is verging on ridiculous.
If you can't do payroll then delegate; hire a bookkeeper/clerk (or external bookkeeping/payroll service) who can handle it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Meesha,

Stick to one thread to ask any doubt as its good for Zimba and other senior members to solve your issues.

Are you claiming points for those 6 months period which you have issues.As per my understanding when you submit your FPS which is mandatory must have the start date of employee and Leave date(If any). Claimed months(with required hours) would be calculated for Job creation and if the employee(Claim for Job Creation) started in those 6 months then you need to add that selective FPS.This is my view and wait for the senior members to respond.

If your accountant is qualified then he have all the updated info regarding Payroll and how to pay taxes,Tax code changes etc.Obviously we cannot blame them alone as its our duty to chase everything.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Zimba88,
You are right they do not ask for salary transactions of bank. But i do need to show transfer of money from personal bank to business bank. As i have done it in multiple instalments so when i will attach those statements, it reflects salaries etc too. I transferd money during 3 years so i will attach business bank statements for 3 years too. But i guess its not gona create a big problem indeed.
Thanks

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Yes i did hire an accountant soon after i realize i cant do it by myself but i made mistake before that. And now i am trying to fix that one.

noajthan wrote:
Meesha wrote:Dear Zimba88 and forum members,
I never had employes or company earlier. At start i thought i pay full salaries to employes and they pay their taxes by themselves. so i paid them full amount which is shown in bank statements. I set up direct debits, however my accountant told me soon after first payment that i have to pay taxes by myself.

. I amended the direct debit for salaries which were missed by bank system somehow. And i set up direct debit for HMRC like first month. But tax code changed for my employes due to some reason and there was different amounts on payslips. I paid more than i was required, to everyone including employes and HMRC.

This is verging on ridiculous.
If you can't do payroll then delegate; hire a bookkeeper/clerk (or external bookkeeping/payroll service) who can handle it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Explain things if asked by HO during your application rather than pointing them to it :!:
Follow you accountant's advice and issue payslips and pay correct taxes as required.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks Zimba88. Sounds reasonable.

Meesha

Share capital accounts format

Post by Meesha » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Dear Forum members and Zimba88,
Sorry if i am starting an unnecessary thread. Infact so much has been said on this forum under share capital. But i have not come across of any format of accounts report. As all depends on accounts compilation and we dont need to show anything else to HO if accounts are correctly done. In my accounts the shares info is only on first page under my name. The heading of page is "Director report". Rest of the report is profit and loss statement. Is it OK. Or share info should be under my name in the rest of the accounts too?
First page of accounts:
ABC ltd REg No.
The director present their report for the year....
Priciple activities:...........
Directors: Mr. XYZ
Share ownership:
class of shares. ordinary shares
Amount paid: £50000
Nominal values of the share: £50,000
Number of share: 50000
Percentage of class perchased: 100%

Small company provision.........................
The report was approved by the director on .....
Signature of director

What is purchase date of shares? There is no purchase date in accounts report but HO has said it many times that shares must be under director name on the date of purchase. And their are no signs of accountant on this report page but mine.
Dees this look ok to submit as a proof of share capital investment?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Share capital accounts format

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Ask your accountant to prepare the accounts normally according to the statuary requirements (Director' report, compilation report, balance sheet, etc). There is really NOTHING special here.
The information as required in the guide (e.g Director's loan amount, name or share holders information, etc) should be then added to the accounts notes section by your accountant. This should be extremely straightforward and must NOT involve weeks after weeks of contemplation and confusion !

These topics have been explained and discussed hundreds of times on the forum :idea:

Annual accounts preparation, see: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 08860.html
Register of members, see: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1417921
Compilation report, See: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1291119

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:27 am

Hi Zimba,
Thanks a lot.
I just heard a strange thing from one of my friend who recently got extension. He said unaudited accounts require a solicitor authetification. He suggests i attach a solicitor letter with unaudited accounts to validate them. How far is it true? I have not come across about ti in policy guidance or on this forum. Just checking to be on safe side.

cheers

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:43 am

No such thing is required, follow the guide and the rules please, not your friends !

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi ZImba88,

What sounds straigforward from every person,s point of view on this forum is not as straightforward for my accountant. He is not able to add share holder information in accounts notes. He argues they are automatically generated by software and cant be amended and he has added share holder information in Director report. He claims that in policy guidance HO asks to include information in accounts; not in accounts notes and director report is part of accounts.
What do you suggest? Is he right and share capital information embeded in director report is acceptable?
zimba88 wrote:Ask your accountant to prepare the accounts normally according to the statuary requirements (Director' report, compilation report, balance sheet, etc). There is really NOTHING special here.
The information as required in the guide (e.g Director's loan amount, name or share holders information, etc) should be then added to the accounts notes section by your accountant. This should be extremely straightforward and must NOT involve weeks after weeks of contemplation and confusion !

These topics have been explained and discussed hundreds of times on the forum :idea:

Annual accounts preparation, see: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 08860.html
Register of members, see: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1417921
Compilation report, See: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1291119

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 pm

No one knows if that will be acceptable by HO. We can only advise you on what HO accepted so far from various applicants. You have to send it and see if that will be accepted.

Meesha

FPS data does not match payslips

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:06 pm

Dear Forum members,
I know this forum is to help with immigration queries not accountacy mistakes. But many people over here are very good with accounts information. I have found that my accountant has filed double amount of salary with HMRC for five months for my employes which makes them pay double amount of tax. This accountant really sucks. He has made mistakes with payrole and now he has taken all the fee from me so he told me that he has no time to meet me or correct payrole information. My visa expires in 2 weeks. All FPS shows double salaries and hence double tax. I did pay double tax but deduced from employe's salaries. P30/payslips information does not match with FPS. HMRC asked me to corret payrol information in software only. The accountant did not agree on that either. Any advise Please?

What i do now?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:11 pm

No need for multiple posts.
Posts merged.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Thanks. Is there anyway that you amend the title of the post?
Cheers

noajthan wrote:No need for multiple posts.
Posts merged.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi Noajthan,
I believe merging the post meant to keep one case at one place for better understanding of other forum members. But when we have totally different question than the title of the post, we hardly get reply. If we do get reply, its too late. Can you please somehow change subject of my topic.

Cheers
Meesha Hassan

Posts merged.

Meesha

Re: My Company FPS Format

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Dear Forum members,
My accountant has filed double amount of salary with HMRC for five months for my employes in RTI which makes them pay double amount of tax. All FPS shows double salaries and hence double tax. P30/payslips information does not match with FPS. I paid acccording to payslips. HMRC asked me to corret payrol information in software only to amend RTI with HMRC. The accountant did not agree on that either. Any advise Please?
Do i need to change accountant now? I still need accountant letters about investment and job creation from him.
Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Meesha wrote:Hi Noajthan,
I believe merging the post meant to keep one case at one place for better understanding of other forum members. But when we have totally different question than the title of the post, we hardly get reply. If we do get reply, its too late. Can you please somehow change subject of my topic.

Cheers
Meesha Hassan

Posts merged.
No, posts are merged from same member bec that member's topic is all about them.
In your case your T1 extension.

If 3 people each have 25 questions on their applications that should result in just 3 topics.
Not 75 topics.
And not 25 topics with jumbled replies for the 3 people resulting in a confused tangle of responses.

Kindly get up to speed with Board T&Cs, understand how Board works and name topic accordingly.

Meesha

Re: T1 extension

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Oh OK. I thought i am asking about FPS so should post in thread with name FPS. Sorry! As my original question has gone unanswered followed my messy post to undestand forum working pattern. Can i repost that?

zimba
Mood:

Re: My Company FPS Format

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 pm

My accountant has filed double amount of salary with HMRC for five months for my employes in RTI which makes them pay double amount of tax. All FPS shows double salaries and hence double tax. P30/payslips information does not match with FPS. I paid acccording to payslips. HMRC asked me to corret payrol information in software only to amend RTI with HMRC. The accountant did not agree on that either. Any advise Please? Do i need to change accountant now?
What kind of regulated accountant possibly can make such an idiotic error ?? You need to change your accountant and report him to the regulator body.
I still need accountant letters about investment and job creation from him.
ONLY if you joined/taken over a business

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Dear Zimba88,
I am really so stressed.I spent whole day on payrole manager and it calculates different NI contribution for one of my employ as this is his second job. This again creates trouble for me as i cant use these payslips or FPS due to contradiction to my accountant data. My accountant is replying me very rudely like he is not answerable what software does? I did send him his FPS and asked why it shows double salary. In reply he said he has no time to go through individual FPS and match data and he knows his job better.
He still have not filed my accounts for last year and is planing to do it as first thing tomorrow morning to ask for accounts fee. I have asked him not to file it until he sort out my tax; did not get reply yet.
Dont i need his accountant letters if i have started new business; can you please send me link explaning it.
Who to tell about his wrong doings?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Unfortunately you need to find a way to communicate this with him and resolve the issue.
Dont i need his accountant letters if i have started new business; can you please send me link explaning it.
No, the guide is clear on this
Who to tell about his wrong doings?
The regulatory body they are registered with.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Dear \forum Members,
Can anyone please advise me how to change cut off value of payment in payrole manager. My accountant put 5th of following month to make payment to employes. Due to this starters dates are not appearing on first FPS but on last month FPS when employes even did not start working.
Thanks a lot