ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax returns self separate than the company's tax return

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Qasar Daniel

Tax returns self separate than the company's tax return

Post by Qasar Daniel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 am

HI Guys
I am confused about the tax return, Can any one advise me that as a director, do we also need to be registered for self assessment and you will receive your UTR number to file your tax return.
Are we need to file a separate tax return ourselves other than the company tax return.
Please advise thanks

Atif786
Member of Standing

Re: Tax returns self separate than the company's tax return

Post by Atif786 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:59 pm

yes you need to do the self assessment if you are a director of any company, go to HMRC website, go to self assessment and creat an account then you'll recieve a code from HMRC to access that service to submit your self assessment , else you can contact your account to do the same.
Atif

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:59 pm

It depends. If you havent taken any salary or dividends from your company then you are not required to register for your personal tax self assessment(PTSA). But if you have taken any salary or dividends then you are legally required to register for your PTSA.

In addition, the dates are very important if you have taken any salary and dividends.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:27 am

If I am a part time employee of my company (and director) do I need to do my personal tax returns or it will be filed with company returns.

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:22 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:If I am a part time employee of my company (and director) do I need to do my personal tax returns or it will be filed with company returns.
Please read my post again. If you are a part time employee of your own company then you must register for PTSA. Please note that the part time status do affects your status. If you work some where else then there is another issue.