ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (ent) extension for psw self employed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Filo168
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (ent) extension for psw self employed

Post by Filo168 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi,

Any idea to extent visa on how to prove 50k investment to a sole trader self employed via psw route?

Also do one have to fully invest all 50k before hiring 2 people to qualify for points during extension?

My initial app was via psw and was self employed already so the 50k was not invested when app approved. Since it is required to hired 2 staff to extend, in application form it said that 50k should be invested before new hired staff be counted. But what about being self employed? Even the 50k is not been fully invested is can still hire staff and no other investor partner to dispute to whose merit the new staff was gain? Hope this post is not too confusing. Cheers

maberl2002

Re: Tier 1 (ent) extension for psw self employed

Post by maberl2002 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:51 am

IT IS OBVOUSLY NECESSARY TO INVEST WHOLE £50K FOR AN EXTENSION ON ENTREPREN VISA.....OTHER THAN HAVING ALSO THE REQ OF TWO EMPLOYEES.......

I THINK YOU NEED TO DISCUSS WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PROBLEM IN DETAIL.....SO ONE CAN GUIDE OR HELP IN THE RIGHT MANNER...
DO YOU HAVE AN EXTENSION COMING....?
ARE YOU IN YOUR 2ND YEAR AFTER GETTING THE VISA?
DO YOU REALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO INVEST?

THINGS LIKE THESE NEEDS TO BE CLEARED....

ITS UP TO YOU WHETHER YOU WANT TO MENTION IT HERE

OR IN PRIVATE??

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi guys,
i have been coming across a lot of Tier 1 entrepreneur 50 K route visa holders those who want to switch to 200k route so that they are not restricted to run a skilled business which is equivalent to NQF level 4 as they are struggling to make profit through such kind of business especially after the new policies where an IT technician can not take a contract with any company or even trough consultance as it would be considered as employment which could leave to visa refusal or curtailment , we also understand that there is work around to it and language of a contract can be tailored in way which looks like like contract of services not contract for services, however still there is a grey area and eventually it's at the discretion of caseworker how it looks at it.
i am also in the same situation and any kind of advise and suggestions are welcome and highly appreciable.
so the question arises
1) i have got the visa in April 2014 ( 50 K PSW route), can i go ahead and change the nature of business which may not be skilled to NQF 4 however i am ready to invest 200k ?
2) if yes, do we need to inform UKBA that i'll be investing 200k as find more opportunities in other businesses for eg ( import and export).
what would be the appropriate approach.
Thanks & Regards
Atif

Momi

Post by Momi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:02 pm

I really don't think that you can switch to 200k route. But you can do any business on 50k as well but you can only claim points for level 4 or level 4 + business. I don't think there is something to do with profit when you apply for extension. These businesses take years to establish.
I hope seniors can clear more about it.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks momi for your advise, if anyone else has any more advise or suggestion kindly reply please.
Atif

Celina

Post by Celina » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Atif
I had asked the same question as you in the past to change my visa from 50k to 200k . I am also on 50k visa but now with the grace of God my business is going good so i dont intend to change now .

Anyways but the answers i got from senoirs was that you can change from 50k to 200k as tha main aim of the visa was investing 200k and 50k was just a privilidge given to some of us who coudnt afford 200 k . Bottom line is home office wont have any prob if you change from 50k to 200k but ofcourse you cant change from 200k to 50k , but to be on safer side its best to email them and get confirmation from them before investing so much money .

Kind Regards
Celina .

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks celina, i appreciate it, my concern was i got the visa on 50k route for being involved in skilled level 4 activities, won't it be a breach of immigration rule or my visa if i indulge into below level business activities even tough i have 200k in my account?
secondly can i run both the business simultaneously 1st business level 4 and 2nd below level and 50k investment wiil be done in 1st business and 2 employees as well and in second business i can be a director along with my wife as second direcotr just to make money as 2nd business is very lucrative, i won't take any salary or be registered as employee in 2nd company but my wife will, thirdly if they come for surprise vist and caught me running 2 business one is skilled to level 4and 2nd below skilled level, so can i at that point of time claim that i have changed business activities and will be investing 200k, which i have access to
please suggestions from everyone will be appreciated
Atif

Shek Anand
Newly Registered

Post by Shek Anand » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Good evening Atif786,

Can you please help me to understand following lines:
"the new policies where an IT technician can not take a contract with any company or even trough consultancy as it would be considered as employment"

What if one is signing contract with the company and consultancy, and then providing services? Is it possible?

Thanks
Shek

Filo168
Newly Registered

Post by Filo168 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi Username:maberl2002,

I am not allowed to send PM. Ofcourse got the 50k. But business really currently no need to employ. Any suggestion? Thanks

asim77
Newly Registered

Post by asim77 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:24 am

hi i am on tier 1entrepreneur visa and my visa expiring jan 2016.is there any way if i can extend the visa if i dont meet the requirements (hiring two staff for one year).
any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Filo168
Newly Registered

Post by Filo168 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Its a requirement to hire 2 for a year or equivalent to extend. Otherwise apply for other category. Maybe you still hire now as long as working hours is equal for a year. That would be 35hr x 52wks = 1 year for 1 hire

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Filo168 wrote:Its a requirement to hire 2 for a year or equivalent to extend. Otherwise apply for other category. Maybe you still hire now as long as working hours is equal for a year. That would be 35hr x 52wks = 1 year for 1 hire
Its 30 hours x 52.

not 35 hours.

Filo168
Newly Registered

Post by Filo168 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:09 am

Hi (Entrepreneur9),

Thanks for your advise. I always thought the working hours for a week was 35 hrs. Can you please highlight the statement stating 30 hrs?

Does that also mean it is consider as 3 hire as long as total hours = 30hrs x 52wks x 3 = 4680hrs ?

That would also mean any # of employee and length of hire combination? If one got Tier1 E old rule? Thanks

snapitbik
Nepal

Post by snapitbik » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:29 am

hi i am on tier 1entrepreneur visa and my visa expiring jan 2016.is there any way if i can extend the visa if i dont meet the requirements (hiring two staff for one year).
any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Dear Asim77

As quoted you said u your visa is expiring on jan 2016 and until now if you have not hired a settled people i dont think you will meet the points to extend the visa. Please beware of that.

Best Regards