ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent for Father - Option?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BClassBritish

Post by BClassBritish » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Out of curiosity as my father is in similar position but already in the UK.

How much investment do you need to apply for an entrepreneurial visa?

On the gov website I can see a 50k number and a 200k number. Anybody knows how that works?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:48 pm

There are two Tier 1E routes: £50,000 and £200,000.

The eligibility criteria differs slightly between them but you obviously need to have at least that amount of money to qualify for each route. Neither will help bring your mother to the UK. Unless she has a serious illness for which care in India is unavailable or affordable, your chances of bringing her to the UK under the immigration rules are approximately 0%.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm

BClassBritish wrote:Out of curiosity as my father is in similar position but already in the UK.

How much investment do you need to apply for an entrepreneurial visa?

On the gov website I can see a 50k number and a 200k number. Anybody knows how that works?
Please ask any Tier 1 Ent question in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum (further up the main forum page).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 pm

This is going too off topic - for family immigration forum.
Suffice to say a parent could not realistically:
  • show funds to finance a UK visit visa one time
    then claim ADR and/or HR next time
    followed by a claim of EU dependency on an EEA relative later on
    and then find £50/200K to start up a UK enterprise some time later.
And with that kind of track record the genuine entrepreneur test would surely fail, not to mention credibility due to age.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BClassBritish

Re: Aged Mother's immigration options

Post by BClassBritish » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:34 pm

noajthan wrote:This is going too off topic.
Suffice to say a parent could not realistically:
  • show funds to finance a UK visit visa one time
    then claim ADR and/or HR next time
    followed by a claim of EU dependency on an EEA relative later on
    and then find £50/200K to start up a UK enterprise some time later.
Sorry I appreciate that this is off topic so I wouldnt reply any more but to clear my credibility:

I sponsored him for his visit visa. He does have a house back home which is derelict and nobody has been in it since he last came to the UK.

He does depend on me for his finances. I have paid for every thing so far. Thousands of pounds of legal fees and medical bills.

The start up money will come from me as well. I might be able to some how stretch myself to gather 50k and lend it to him. Or maybe rob a bank for 200k.

My intentions are not to do an immigration fraud. Its merely to find a way for HO to allow my father to legally stay with me as my conscious doesnt allow me to put him on a plane to go back home and die a slow painful death which the HO are basically telling me to do.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Posts moved to appropriate forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 pm

To qualify for the £50k route, only certain types of funding are allowed, i.e.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds
4. Access to £50,000 investment funds
You can apply if you have access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:

a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT)
a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
On £200k route, see below.
5. Access to £200,000 investment funds
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) if you have access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:

your own
made available to you by other people (‘third parties’), such as a spouse, partner or investor
in a joint account with your spouse or partner but only if they aren’t applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
He cannot apply within the UK and would have to apply from home country anyway. He will need substantial documents to get an entrepreneur visa.

These visas also have a fairly high refusal rate due to abuse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:57 pm

BClassBritish wrote:My intentions are not to do an immigration fraud. Its merely to find a way for HO to allow my father to legally stay with me as my conscious doesnt allow me to put him on a plane to go back home and die a slow painful death which the HO are basically telling me to do.
Noted and not suggested.
Its just that HO operative will look at such a case very dispassionately. And depending on actual immigration history to date it may not all compute.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Ent for Father - Option?

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Your circumstances are unfortunate but there is pretty much no way your father can join you here under Tier 1E visa. You probably need to have at least 200K and a strong business case, none of which you seem to have.
Home office views your case as a personal choice of yours to live in the UK, instead of choosing to live in India with your father.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Obie
Ireland

Re: Tier 1 Ent for Father - Option?

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Unfortunately under this route father will need to apply outside the UK, even if he is able to fulfill all the substantive requirements.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors