ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension July 2016

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lavildhillon

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension July 2016

Post by lavildhillon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello Friends,

I have an extension in July 2016. I have made the transfers of £7k in 2014-2015 and in this current year I have made the transfer of £22K so far. My query is How I can show this transfers ( which is Investment from personal account to business account) in Au-audited accounts ?

Please help me, as I am really confused.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension July 2016

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:30 pm

lavildhillon wrote:Hello Friends,

I have an extension in July 2016. I have made the transfers of £7k in 2014-2015 and in this current year I have made the transfer of £22K so far. My query is How I can show this transfers ( which is Investment from personal account to business account) in Au-audited accounts ?

Please help me, as I am really confused.
Your company accounts usually show these under Creditors section. Tell you accountant to add your name and loan amount there.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:00 am

Hi Zimba,

Much appreciated for your reply, I haven't took the director loan still it will come under creditors section ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:29 am

lavildhillon wrote:Hi Zimba,

Much appreciated for your reply, I haven't took the director loan still it will come under creditors section ?
As long as a company owes any money, those debts should appear under Creditors section.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 pm

hello zimba
my appear in this format
"Creditors: amounts falling due after one year
Director Investment "

is this ok?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:54 pm

kayani2012 wrote:hello zimba
my appear in this format
"Creditors: amounts falling due after one year
Director Investment "

is this ok?
It is better to say "Director's loan by YOUR NAME". As long as it is clear it is director's loan under your name

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:03 pm

so it should appear in notes
Director's loan - Amount
Director name ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:19 pm

kayani2012 wrote:so it should appear in notes
Director's loan - Amount
Director name ?
Your accountant must be able to put the correct wordings for your as long as it says loan and mentions your name. Just beware that according to the rules, your director's loan must be identifiable in your accounts under your name.

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:02 pm

Zimba can i change these wording from un audit accnts now or just do it in management accounts?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:33 pm

kayani2012 wrote:Zimba can i change these wording from un audit accnts now or just do it in management accounts?
If you submitted your annual accounts, you might be able to amend it (Again talk to your accountant)
If you are preparing accounts like management accounts, you can add it.

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Thanks Zimba
I was with accountant and i change from director investment to director loan in un audit accts and also from management accts.
I asked him about putting my name under director loan, he said i am only director in company so its already mention in accts
Is that ok?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:14 pm

kayani2012 wrote:Thanks Zimba
I was with accountant and i change from director investment to director loan in un audit accts and also from management accts.
I asked him about putting my name under director loan, he said i am only director in company so its already mention in accts
Is that ok?
well if you are the only one and it says Director's Loan, obviously it means you invested 8) Just make sure that you accounts (and your balance sheet) has your full name and signature.

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:29 pm

haha yea zimda
yea he took my sign on balance sheet and on account under full name
thanks you for your time and guideline zimba
you are very helpfull for me :D

lavildhillon

Director Loan Qurey

Post by lavildhillon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi friends,

Please help me on this.

1. If some company has taken a director loan, so this money has to be in business account at the time of extension ?

2. if business is doing turnover of £50,000/annum and its expenses are coming around £40,000. Then business is showing £10K profit and you have transferred £15k into business account as an investment. How will I show this into accounts?

Please help me on above matter.

Thanks

lavildhillon

Share capital Investment Query

Post by lavildhillon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi All,

I have got a visa extension in July 16. I have invested money as a share capital. Money I have transferred from personal to business account in various transaction for my business expenses (i.e may be in 20 transactions or so).

My queries are below :

1. My management accounts are showing that I have invested £30,000 in my business via share capital and £20,000 are there in business account at time I applied for visa extension. Does this will grant me a visa ?

2. If my company is in profit and it haven't used share capital at all in three years of business. How will I show investment ? Does that £50,000 has to be shown in business account ?

Please do reply me on above queries. Thanks :)

zimba
Mood:

Re: Share capital Investment Query

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:40 pm

1. My management accounts are showing that I have invested £30,000 in my business via share capital and £20,000 are there in business account at time I applied for visa extension. Does this will grant me a visa ?
Yes. As long as your accounts show clearly that the investment was made under your name. Capital can remain in the bank.
2. If my company is in profit and it haven't used share capital at all in three years of business. How will I show investment ? Does that £50,000 has to be shown in business account ?
According to the rules, you do not need to show you have spent your money. Focus only to show you invested.

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks Zimba !

In my share certificate, It is showing that I have 50,000 shares of £1 each. Will this be the only document I have to provide or I have to provide business bank statements also along with Accounts ?

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:22 am

Hi All,

Do we need to submit business bank account statement If you are applying via share capital investment?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:02 am

lavildhillon wrote:Hi All,

Do we need to submit business bank account statement If you are applying via share capital investment?

Thanks
Not according to Immigration rules Appendix A:
(b) Audited or unaudited accounts must show the investment in money made directly by the applicant, in his own name or on his behalf (and showing his name). If he has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application. If the value of the applicant’s share capital is not shown in the accounts, then a copy of the company’s register of members must be provided. The accounts must clearly show the name of the accountant, the date the accounts were produced, and how much the applicant has invested in the business. The accounts must be prepared and signed off by the accountant in accordance with statutory requirements,

snapitbik
Nepal

Post by snapitbik » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Dear lavildhillon,

I like to ask you as you mention u like to extend your visa showing Share Capital Investment , i like to ask you did u purchase other company share or you invest the money in your own company established by you itself. i spoke to my solicitor that he said share capital investment cannot be applied to my case as he said share capital investment are only for who purchased the other company share worth of 200k or 50k. so he suggest me Direct Cash investment would be valid to my case as looking your case same as mine,i already invest more than 50k transfering from personal to business account and company is running active i dont know, why he suggest me direct cash investment. Dear zimba any opinion about this concern.

Best Regards

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi snapitbik,

I have purchased my own company share and invested in my business via share capital. It is mentioned in policy guidance that we can only able to invest money either by Share capital or by DL. So I have chosen to invest by share capital.

Experts please advice.

Thanks

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:22 pm

(b) Audited or unaudited accounts must show the investment in money made directly by the applicant, in his own name or on his behalf (and showing his name). If he has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application. If the value of the applicant’s share capital is not shown in the accounts, then a copy of the company’s register of members must be provided. The accounts must clearly show the name of the accountant, the date the accounts were produced, and how much the applicant has invested in the business. The accounts must be prepared and signed off by the accountant in accordance with statutory requirements,
[/quote]

Hi Zimba,

Can you please elaborate and explain this statement.

If he has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application

I am really confused why they have mentioned about business account If we don't need to submit.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:29 am

lavildhillon wrote:
Hi Zimba,

Can you please elaborate and explain this statement.

If he has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application

I am really confused why they have mentioned about business account If we don't need to submit.[/quote]

Business account means your unaudited company account prepared by your accountant, not your bank statements.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:34 pm

What if you have made some investment in form of director loan, then what is required?

Does director loan has to be recorded in accounts?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:12 am

helpingperson wrote:What if you have made some investment in form of director loan, then what is required?

Does director loan has to be recorded in accounts?
Yes. Read the guide